looking for address in Saraburi

armond

A totally organic tree, The Tamarind

I live in Phetchabun where tamarind is the OTOP product since they do best in this province and they are grown just everywhere. In my observation the farming practices are anything but green. They occasionally go walking around spraying the ground with something that I think of as agent orange though surely not. One day there are green weeds and yes, weeds do regularly pop up. The next day they are brown and dead. I also see them spraying up in the leaves of the trees with chemicals. The amount of bags of fertilizer I see stacked around is enormous, though not sure how much is for the trees vs the fields. The runoff is already a real water quality problem and there is no drinkable water here. Whoever said all they did was add fertilizer once many years ago and let the trees go natural from then on I take with a grain of salt. I have no doubt tamarind can be grown organically, it certainly was until a generation or so ago. But in my observation there is absolutely no desire to do so. Chemicals are cheap and easy and used generously to remedy every problem so when you buy tamarind at the store, that is what you are going to get.

i have a question i hope you can answer .it has nothing to do with growing .i am looking for a friend of mine in phutthabat i have an address but when i sent the letter i got no response and i was trying to find the phone number to the post office in the area to see if the letter made it .when i was there i think the post office was in chon daen but i cant find it online my search led me to this site.so if there is any way you might be able to get that phone number and send it to me i would greatly appreciate it . Thank you Armond.

i have a question i hope you can answer .it has nothing to do with growing .i am looking for a friend of mine in phutthabat i have an address but when i sent the letter i got no response and i was trying to find the phone number to the post office in the area to see if the letter made it .when i was there i think the post office was in chon daen but i cant find it online my search led me to this site.so if there is any way you might be able to get that phone number and send it to me i would greatly appreciate it . Thank you Armond.

Can't figure out where you are, Thailand? California?

If local here, how about trying the letter again but send it EMS, that way you'll have a tracking number to follow along on your computer.

Mac

If the address you are looking for is indeed in Saraburi, then the address would be more likely Amphur "Phra Phutthabat" which has its own post office.

FYI: armond was looking for T. Phutthabat, A. Chon Daen, Phetchabun. Clarified by PM. The saying "google is your friend" should be taken with care. There's more than one Buddha's Footprint (Phutthabat).

cheers

Andi

If the address you are looking for is indeed in Saraburi, then the address would be more likely Amphur "Phra Phutthabat" which has its own post office.

FYI: armond was looking for T. Phutthabat, A. Chon Daen, Phetchabun. Clarified by PM. The saying "google is your friend" should be taken with care. There's more than one Buddha's Footprint (Phutthabat).

cheers

Andi

There are 2 Post Offices in Chon Daen.

THAILAND POST CO.,LTD.DONGKHUI

919 MOO 1 CHOMTHIRAVET ROAD

TAKUT RAI, CHON DAEN

PHETCHABUN 67190 Tel: (66 2) 8313271

THAILAND POST CO.,LTD.CHON DAEN

183/1 MOO 4 CHOMTHIRAVET ROAD

CHON DAEN, CHON DAEN

PHETCHABUN 67150 Tel: (66 2) 8313271

Hope this is of help.