Sophon Cable Channel

grahamhc

I dropped into Sophon Cable and picked up a copy of the new channel line-up, which started on 1 APRIL 2009. I have scanned and posted it in Acrobat PDF format.

Sophone_April_2009.pdf

Click here for Sophon Cable's weekly listing for 12 "Sophon" channels

A few of Interest to most English Speaking BMs are:

Channel 2 - Films and local news programmes

Channel 9 national - They do have an english language news report if youget the right time.

Channel 12 Pattaya People TV

Channel 24 BBC World

Channel 25 CNBC

Channel 26 CNN

Channel 27 Fox News

Channel 33 Australia Network

Channel 34 Eurosport

Channel 35 NBT Supersport

Channel 36 Supersport

Channel 44 Universal

Channel 45 Kids

Channel 46 Sci Fi

Channel 47 MNet series

Some Other European language channels

Channel 8 Russian

Channel 29 Rai Italia

Channel 30 DWTV

Channel 49 TV5

For the rest, check out the list

You may want to retune your TV/VCR/DVD recorder, as some of these are out of order on my bedroom TV.

The list also shows frequencies, should you with to manually retune your sets in an order you prefer.

Where is Al-Jazeera? I like that channel!

It is listed as being on channel 51...but 51 on my TV reveals just another Indian music channel and not Al-Jazeera.

I, too, like Al-Jazeera...that and BBC are by far the best news channels!

Also missing, from Sophon's new listing is the Asia News channel from Singapore.

Where is Al-Jazeera? I like that channel!

It is listed as being on channel 51...but 51 on my TV reveals just another Indian music channel and not Al-Jazeera.

I, too, like Al-Jazeera...that and BBC are by far the best news channels!

Also missing, from Sophon's new listing is the Asia News channel from Singapore.

Yes i have lost channel news asia, and Al-jazeera, any one know why?

For 300 Baht a month, and with around 20 channels to watch, it is good value.

I also have UBC Platinum, and hardly watch it, I find more latest movies and shows on Sophon better

I agree! I have both TrueVisions (UBC) and Sophon cable. There seems to be always something to watch on Sophon. I think its well worth the money.. (However Im paying 450 baht/2TV's :o )

• 2 weeks later...
I agree! I have both TrueVisions (UBC) and Sophon cable. There seems to be always something to watch on Sophon. I think its well worth the money.. (However Im paying 450 baht/2TV's :o )

Yes, there are price differences, but NOT DUAL PRICING.

I have an OLD contract and still pay 350 Baht for 2 TVS. Our rental was not increased, but new/newer customers were subject to a higher rental, although I did not think it was as high as 450 Baht.

I did have my bedroom cable renewed and instead of repairing, they ran a fresh input co-ax to the bedroom. I found my rental went up to 500 Baht for 3+ TVs. Popped into the office, showed them my paperwork for the repair, and they dropped it back to 350 Baht (cancelling the incorrect bill).

I find Sophon give an excellent service. The repair truck got to my house as I arrived home from their office.

BIG QUESTION - MAYBE. I see they are starting to talk about an upgrade to New Generation Sophon, which I gather will mean Set Top Decoder Boxes. They MAY mean a price increase. but I do not know. Keep watch the news.

LCD TVs. Read that Samsung Series 5 LCDs (and higher models) have a built in set top box, whereas the series 4 does not. I still have a 29" CRT TV.

For 300 Baht a month, and with around 20 channels to watch, it is good value.

I also have UBC Platinum, and hardly watch it, I find more latest movies and shows on Sophon better

I am paying 500 bt.. (for 2 TV's)

I am paying 500 bt.. (for 2 TV's)

I understand it is based, not on number of WORKING TVs, but on Co-ax cable points available. So if you have a point in the guest room, but no TV, you get charged.

As I said in my previous post, I called into the Sophon Office to ask them to come and check what I had in the house, explained what outlets I had, and they corrected my bill.