Ride Bkk-khao Yai-wan Nam Khieo-bkk Tomorrow!

BigBikeBKK

^ Naw Zzinged- I've done this loop before on the Ninja 250R with the missus on the back and it was a full day, but not more than 8 hours if I recall. Google maps calculates it at 7 hours and is always very conservative.

Gonna join us? :o

^ Naw Zzinged- I've done this loop before on the Ninja 250R with the missus on the back and it was a full day, but not more than 8 hours if I recall. Google maps calculates it at 7 hours and is always very conservative.

Gonna join us? :o

Zzinged said he will meet me at 8 30 Tesco Rama III ..if he can get up :D

Morning Z!

Well, the sun is shining over on my side of town and forecast is for scattered storms, so yeah, we may get wet, or we might not. :o

I think you're going to meet Peter at Rama III and ride with him to the rendezvous point, yeah?

Got a PM from HH who also wants to join, so here is the exact meeting point. Ride out on Ramkamhaeng until it ends at a T. Take a right on Suwintawong/304 in the direction of Chacheongsao.

Plan is to meet at ~0900 at the first gas station you encounter on Suwintawong/304 as you are headed towards Chachoengsao. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so hope this will help:

SuwintawongMeetingPointMap.jpg

Gimme a ring if you have any questions. See you there!

Tony

Great ride guys! :o

041109Ride.jpg

Zzinged on a Yamaha XJR1300, Coolfusion on a Yamaha R1, HawkHill on a Ducati 1098, Ithailian on a Kawasaki Ninja 250R and BBBKK on a Kawasaki ER6n

041109Ride1.jpg

Made excellent time to Khao Yai in light traffic and sunny weather. Paying the entrance fee at Khao Yai National Park-

041109Ride3.jpg

Fun road ahead- Let's Go!

041109Ride4.jpg

The road through Khao Yai National Park is always fun- well maintained, beautiful scenery, and lots and lots of curves :D I'll try and get the video posted tomorrow.

Skies were getting cloudy when we stopped for lunch just after noon past the northern entrance to the park. Sure enough, lightening and thunder and strong winds and torrential rain soon followed. Ah well, we enjoyed a leisurely lunch and waited for the weather to improve.

041109Ride6Zm.jpg

A little wet, but good to go!

I think Ithailian was the only guy that had proper rain gear-

041109Ride7.jpg

Doesn't he look dry and comfy? :D :jerk: :D

We still had time to complete the loop when, uh oh, mechanical problem with the XJR1300... :P

041109Ride5.jpg

Not 100% sure what the problem was/is, but I suspect water in the fuel, and some sort of electrical problem as when it did run it seemed to only fire on two cylinders... Would that make it an XJR 650? :wai:

A lot of running around to find a solution. Took Zzinged on my bike to go get a few liters of clean gas at the PTT, thinking that might help- and it seemed to, but then a few km down the road the bike sputtered to a stop again... Found another bike shop that had some big bikes and seemed they could help if we could get the bike to their shop.

Random pic of me and a friendly copper-

041109Ride9.jpg

Every time we thought the XJR was going to run ok, it didn't... Some SUPER nice Thai guys at a little road side bike shop tried their best and got the beast running and wouldn't accept a single Baht for all of the help they provided. :D

Still, after a few km, same problem...

It was getting late at this point, nearly 4pm, and if we didn't get going we were all going to be caught out after dark. (I don't even know if you can drive throught Khao Yai after dark?) So, Zzinged limped back north towards the big bike shop on two cylinders while the rest of us headed back south towards Khao Yai and home.

Zzinged- I don't have your number and hope you are ok! Hope they were able to fix your bike and that you are home safe and sound. If not, tons of cheap guest houses and resorts in that area if you needed to spend the night. Let us know how it all turned out, ok?

Other than the unfortunate mechanical problems with the XJR, it was a GREAT day! Awesome ride!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Always enjoy reading your reports BBB. Pete must be in a good mood lately as he sent me a FREE set of Michelin Pilot Sporty's. Wonder why :o Look forward to the vid and getting the er6f as soon as it's released :D

Nice one. I just hate the Khao Yai sleeping policemen!

And MAN but did you miss some great fun down Pattaya way with red shirts, blue shirts, Molotov cocktails, spineless security and a totally humiliated and embarassed Premier!

Edited by AceCafe

Nice one. I just hate the Khao Yai sleeping policemen!

And MAN but did you miss some great fun down Pattaya way with red shirts, blue shirts, Molotov cocktails, spineless security and a totally humiliated and embarassed Premier!

Sleeping policemen? :D

Pattaya... Yeah- as much as I would have loved to watch those idiots in Pattaya destroy their country I'll just have to settle for a brilliant day of riding and not a single word about politics all day long :o Shit, now there's a blue shirt faction? What color shirt can you still wear these days? :D

Too bad we couldn't complete the loop. The road to Wang Nam Khieo is awesome!

Here's what we ended up doing:

041109RideMap.jpg

Out and back, then downtown BKK for a beer at Ithailian's and back home I clocked just over 450km today- tired and happy!

Sleeping policemen? :D

Speed humps! :D

Ah hah hah hah! :D That's a good one! Chalk up a new phrase for this stupid Yank :D

Yeah- Peter hit one of those speed bumps going about 130km/hr. :o

I've got their locations pretty much memorized now :wai:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Oh you got the pics up already! I replied to your PM before visiting this thread :o Video next? =D

Anyway, just for the record. There was nothing wrong with my bike. That was the official prognosis. Maybe it was just showing its displeasure at being left out in the rain while we ate those delicious ham steaks!

It was a great ride though. We should do it again on a day with no rain forecast and finish the loop.

"Z" - Glad to hear you and your bike are back unscathed. On the ride back, we got hammered with some more heavy rain ... I'm sure your bike would have been really unhappy with you for that.

All in all, it was a great fun ride guys. Nice to meet some new faces too, although I still only understand about 50% of what anyone from Scotland says to me! Also, it was totally the opposite of what I expected for a Songkran holiday. Little traffic and no crazy drunk drivers that I could see ... only crazy farang on cycles :o The group of bikes on this ride were especially loud and I'd like to listened to us from the side of the road as we blasted by at 160 ... what are the words ... shock and awe? :D Till next time...

Nice one Tony :o

Cheers Bard- wish you were here- it was a fun day and I know you would have had a good time.

I REALLY want to get a camera mount on my bike like what you've got on your FZ6- where'd you order that? Wanted to run down to Gadget Trend and get some RAM mounts too, but dammit they just declared a state of emergency in the capital because of the dam_n red shirts so I think it's probably best to chill at home today...

Hope this all blows over soon- so tired of the political b.s.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Nice one Tony :o

Cheers Bard- wish you were here- it was a fun day and I know you would have had a good time.

I REALLY want to get a camera mount on my bike like what you've got on your FZ6- where'd you order that? Wanted to run down to Gadget Trend and get some RAM mounts too, but dammit they just declared a state of emergency in the capital because of the dam_n red shirts so I think it's probably best to chill at home today...

Hope this all blows over soon- so tired of the political b.s.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I def wanted to be on the trip, I am having withdrawal symptoms from my bike for the moment and it hurts. Can't wait to get back and have a life and some fun again...

I bought it on ebay from this seller rrbarna

State of emergency, well 2 weeks to go before I hit home so hopefully they leave alone the airport this time. Since I live in Rayong I never notice the political crap so far luckily, I agree it's tiring and it hurts Thailand so much now, and for the foreseeable future it makes me sick thinking of all the real Thai people who suffer from these balloons claiming to represent the people.

I think I'll buy some white T-Shirts, that seems to be a non-political still as I have no interest in politics anywhere, all politicians are just corrupt puppets anyway...

Cheers Bard

"Z" - Glad to hear you and your bike are back unscathed. On the ride back, we got hammered with some more heavy rain ... I'm sure your bike would have been really unhappy with you for that.

All in all, it was a great fun ride guys. Nice to meet some new faces too, although I still only understand about 50% of what anyone from Scotland says to me! Also, it was totally the opposite of what I expected for a Songkran holiday. Little traffic and no crazy drunk drivers that I could see ... only crazy farang on cycles :o The group of bikes on this ride were especially loud and I'd like to listened to us from the side of the road as we blasted by at 160 ... what are the words ... shock and awe? :D Till next time...

Hey

Wait till you hear me after a few beers, anyway we can work on that next trip.

HH

I think next time we need to use the wet weather gear on the bikes.

HH

Oh you got the pics up already! I replied to your PM before visiting this thread :o Video next? =D

Anyway, just for the record. There was nothing wrong with my bike. That was the official prognosis. Maybe it was just showing its displeasure at being left out in the rain while we ate those delicious ham steaks!

It was a great ride though. We should do it again on a day with no rain forecast and finish the loop.

Yep Tony I think your one is more accurate :o

As for the video... ahh yes that is music to the ears! Quiet solitude complete with chirping birds then suddenly a faint whine which grows louder as the bikes round the corner :D:D

Wow this tread took off since i last looked in..

Hey great ride guys and very happy to report complete joy with me new R1 and .. i can confirm they do fly when met with a speed hump at aprox 130kph :D ( realistically probably about 80kph with the brakes kicking in ) but enough to wonder how me and bike were still joined on the other side of that hump!! scary..

Hey T great VDO and pics man , good to see you back as our photographer, i think trent will be happy to have me off the job :o

Great to meet Derek and his amazing Ducati 1098..dream bike for sure.

I was a little stiff today and decided to have a day off riding .. so went for petrol and wash the bike and ended up in Samut Songkhran :D how did that happen..and still in a t-shirt..im blaming the bike.

Later

Hi All!

My new video camera records in MP4 and the software I usually use for video editing can't handle it, so I'm having to learn Adobe Premier.... Anyway- here's another vid that I hope you will enjoy.

Looking forward to another ride soon!

Happy Trails,

Tony

so I'm having to learn Adobe Premier

Looking forward to another ride soon!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Good work on the vid T , and good luck with Premier Pro its a great program , Trent is a master with that program if you have any questions.

Speaking of Trent and more rides, im riding to Prachuap Khiri Khan tomorrow to hook up with him and stay the night there or maybe Hua Hin. (see map here) , he is on the way up from Phuket so it seems fair to meet him half way :o , and then from there will look at the map again :D :D but im looking at coming back through Ratchaburi ( new territory )

Anyone interested?

Later P

Edited by coolfusion