Dog Shows In Thailand

mangotogo was kind enough to get all info about this dog show,

if there are others out here in the forum who know about all breed or specialty shows, obedience, working dog, etc events that are in thailand let me know, i will add them here...

Pantip Pet Expo & National Dog Show

organised by Pug Dog Club of Thailand & Thai Pomeranian Club

at Pantip Plaza (Ngamwongwan) Nagamwongwan Hall Floor 8

11-12 April 2009

4 judges, from10:30 to 18:30

if there are any members showing or have 'babies' in the show, we can start a thread with pics/winnings....

bina

israel

FYI

25-26 April,2009 Future Park Thailand All Breeds Championship Dog Show

At Future park Ram Indram, Bangkok

9-10 May,2009 Fantastic Thailand Grand All Breeds Dog Show

At 6th Floor, Imperial world Lad Proaw, Bangkok

anybody on the forum showing??

bina

israel

Hi Bina, I show my whippet. Not much competition in the hound section. Don;t wuite understand why this type of dog is not more popular here. Short coat ,no smell,small,quiet. Hard to beat the infatuation with the Pomeranians and the Shihtzus.

post-56903-1240100668_thumb.jpg

is that u or a handler? hubby says they are 'too skinny'... i guess they arent 'lap/lady' dogs or surrogate baby types... its hard to put a barette in a whippets fur :o)

i hope other members check in here to see the pics, maybe youll meet other TV members and dogs at the shows... ill be in thailand on the may show dates but i cant see my husband coming to bangkok to see dogs walk in circles for ribbons. he wouldnt join me in israel to go and see dogs either. but he can sit and watch a snooker competition for hours. go figure!!!

bina

israel

is that u or a handler? hubby says they are 'too skinny'... i guess they arent 'lap/lady' dogs or surrogate baby types... its hard to put a barette in a whippets fur :o )

i hope other members check in here to see the pics, maybe youll meet other TV members and dogs at the shows... ill be in thailand on the may show dates but i cant see my husband coming to bangkok to see dogs walk in circles for ribbons. he wouldnt join me in israel to go and see dogs either. but he can sit and watch a snooker competition for hours. go figure!!!

bina

israel

That's me!

I usually have a handler ( she does it much better than me). But ,she is quite busy going from ring to ring ,dog to dog and somethimes there are scheduling conflicts so I have to step in. Dog shows have their moments of excitement but a lot of times it can be like watching grass grow!!

Whippets are like statues. They also remind me of small horses ( easier to keep here in Bangkok).

It is a very low maintenance type of dog. Her usual show preparation is a shower with me before leaving home...and that's it!

The kind of dog that is not too smart so you don;t have to try to figure out what will she destroy next!

I was going to say almost like a cat but more responsive....no attacks...keep it friendly!

post-56903-1240206646_thumb.jpg

Hey mangotogo, I've only seen Whippet once in Thailand, I think at Sukhumvit soi31, Ozono plaza or something. Probably you know the owner? Your dog is nice. What group is Whippet?

I shown my Labrador couple of years ago in Thailand. After he finished his Champion Title, I rarely show him again :D .

Now I show German Shepherd which is something different. The GSD association of Thailand is seperated from Thailand KC. They only hold specialty show, normally outdoor and outside Bangkok. Also they always have protection competititon before comformation show.

Next show is on Sunday May, 3rd. Hmm.. Somewhere near Thammasart University, Rangsit.

This is my Lab at Crufts 2007 with his handler. :o

post-53297-1240240166_thumb.jpg

Hi Ponti,

There are very few whippets in Thailand. The one from Ozono was featured in the bangkok pst and that's how I started to track one. This dog was left behind some french people that returned to Franceand gave him to the owner of Ozono. There is only one breeder of whippets here but he does not sell hs pups. Sometimes he comes to the shows with a few but rarely. Whippets are in group 10 : sight Hounds. Again very few shown.

Now that you explain this separation of the German Sheherd people from the TKC , I can see why there very few shepherds shown too! There are obedience demonstrations at the shows and most dogs are shepherds. One young male is being shown and doing well.

I saw a large class at the RoseGarden at the end of the year.

You should try to make it for the MuangMong Thani show in June. International dog show then!

My whippet comes from Australia.

When I take her to the bank they ask if she is my "Guard" dog!....

Good luck with your dogs!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ponti,

There are very few whippets in Thailand. The one from Ozono was featured in the bangkok pst and that's how I started to track one. This dog was left behind some french people that returned to Franceand gave him to the owner of Ozono. There is only one breeder of whippets here but he does not sell hs pups. Sometimes he comes to the shows with a few but rarely. Whippets are in group 10 : sight Hounds. Again very few shown.

Now that you explain this separation of the German Sheherd people from the TKC , I can see why there very few shepherds shown too! There are obedience demonstrations at the shows and most dogs are shepherds. One young male is being shown and doing well.

You should try to make it for the MuangMong Thani show in June. International dog show then!

This weekend the action is at:

French Bulldog Club,The Working Dog Club & The Beagle Club of Thailand

ขอเชิญชมและส่งสุนัขเข้าประกวดในงาน

"Fantastic Thailand Grand Dog Show 2009"

วันเสาร์ที่ 9 – 10 พฤษภาคม 2552 ( 9-10 May,2009) .ชั้น 6 อิมพีเรียลเวิลด์ ลาดพร้าว ปรับปรุงโฉมใหม่ พร้อมแอร์!!

( 6th floor Imperial World ladprao )

See there!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ponti,

This weekend the action is at:

French Bulldog Club,The Working Dog Club & The Beagle Club of Thailand

ขอเชิญชมและส่งสุนัขเข้าประกวดในงาน

"Fantastic Thailand Grand Dog Show 2009"

วันเสาร์ที่ 9 – 10 พฤษภาคม 2552 ( 9-10 May,2009) .ชั้น 6 อิมพีเรียลเวิลด์ ลาดพร้าว ปรับปรุงโฉมใหม่ พร้อมแอร์!!

( 6th floor Imperial World ladprao )

See there!

Just an update May 23-24 2009 at The Mall NgamWongwan

THE KENNEL CLUB OF THAI LAND

ขอเชิญชมและร่วมส่งสุนัขเข้าประกวดในงาน

THE MALL INTERNATIONAL DOG SHOW 2009

FCI INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW 1/2009

62nd KCTH ALL BREED CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW

GROUP 5 & 9 SPECIALTY (CC)

วันที่ 23-24 พฤษภาคม 2552 MCC HALL ศูนย์การค้าเดอะมอลล์งามวงศ์วาน

Free entry to spectators

• 4 weeks later...

Short Notice:

The Mall Championship Dog Show

6th Toy Dog Club Of Thailand ( TDCTH )

1st, 2nd Miniature Pinscher Club Of Thailand ( MPT )

3 All Breed Championship Dog Show และ Group 5,8,9 Specialty

วันที่ 13 และ14 มิถุนายน 2552 MCC Hall ศูนย์การค้าเดอะมอลล์บางกะปิ

This is at the Mall Bangkapi

The next big show will be at Muangthong Tani Impact arena: June 25-28

This is the largest dog show of the year: lots of pet suppliers there.

International contest

The Kennel Club of Thailand & Impact Muang Thong Thani

Are pleased to invite you to join the

SMARTHEART PRESENTS THAILAND GRAND DOG SHOW 2009

Challenging for HRM the Queen’s Trophies

At Impact Muang Thong Thani, Hall 3-4, Bangkok on June 25-28, 2009

FCI INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW 2/2009

AKU CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW 1/2009

63rd & 64th KCTH ALL BREED CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW 63rd

GROUP 5 & 8 & 9 SPECIALTY CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW

THAI RIDGEBACK DOG SPECIALTY CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW

THAI BANGKAEW DOG SPECIALTY CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am interested in getting contacts, docs, and see a few puppies before making a final decision on getting one.

I am in the region, and would like to come to Thailand for the next upcoming shows with Bull Terrier and Dogo Argentino.

Do you have any recommendation on any upcoming dog show including those breeds ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mangotogo

I see that you own a whippet.Have you given it a hand slip behind a drag hare?I ask this because my dog is a mongrel but whose father was a Thai Ridgeback.She's 18 months old so,being a greyhound racing fan back in England,I thought I would try her behind the 'drag' in my back garden.She

Hi mangotogo

I see that you own a whippet.Have you given it a hand slip behind a drag hare?I ask this because my dog is a mongrel but whose father was a Thai Ridgeback.She's 18 months old so,being a greyhound racing fan back in England,I thought I would try her behind the 'drag' in my back garden.She

took to it straight away!Do you know of any racing clubs in Thailand?(Sorry for the break).

Hi mangotogo

Hi,

I don't think there is any such facilities here. I live in Thonglor...My only straight is a small dead end street where i walk the dog. She gets to run after some cats but is weary....tought Tom cats. She has some good burn outs! Keeps the nails short.

As far as greyhounds: I know of some pet ones around but no racing exists at my knowledge. A veterinarian near jatujak has some she brought back form Melbourne. The others are old ones from Spain and a young one form Italy.

Hounds are very poorly represented at the shows. They were popular 10 years ago i am told. Too bad as they are well suited for the climate.

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.

Free entry to watch.

Thai ridgebacks usually good competitions.

International judges.

Hi mangotogo

Hi,

I don't think there is any such facilities here. I live in Thonglor...My only straight is a small dead end street where i walk the dog. She gets to run after some cats but is weary....tought Tom cats. She has some good burn outs! Keeps the nails short.

As far as greyhounds: I know of some pet ones around but no racing exists at my knowledge. A veterinarian near jatujak has some she brought back form Melbourne. The others are old ones from Spain and a young one form Italy.

Hounds are very poorly represented at the shows. They were popular 10 years ago i am told. Too bad as they are well suited for the climate.

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.

Free entry to watch.

International judges.

I think the answer is for me to go to one of these dog shows and talk to some people.Maybe I can drum up some support to organise a racing club,no gambling allowed ofcourse.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet where there is plenty of space to pull a drag hare behind a bicycle wheel!Iwas really surprised when my dog chased it because the drag was just a piece of old rag.She looked like she really enjoyed it and wouldn't let go of it.

Hi mangotogo

Hi,

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.Free entry to watch.

International judges.

I think the answer is for me to go to one of these dog shows and talk to some people.Maybe I can drum up some support to organise a racing club,no gambling allowed ofcourse.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet where there is plenty of space to pull a drag hare behind a bicycle wheel!Iwas really surprised when my dog chased it because the drag was just a piece of old rag.She looked like she really enjoyed it and wouldn't let go of it.

It is worth a try. You could hold different breed races instead of sighthound racing. Lots of huskies. Sometimes there is also some obedience people that also show but not very often. Space is a problem in town!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , today and tomorrow at Pantip Plaza NgamWongwan ( not the Pantip in the city).

Then August 8-9 at Central Bangna.

There are some bull terriers shown but no Dogo Argentino.

Choose carefully.

PANTIP PET EXPO&NATIONAL DOG SHOW

SHETLAND SHEEPDOG CLUB

วันเสาร์ที่ 22-23 สิงหาคม 2552 ( 22-23 Aug, 2009 ) . ห้างพันธุ์ทิพย์พลาซ่า สาขา งามวงศ์วาน ชั้น 8

3 All Breed Championship , Group 5,8,9 Specialty and Beagle Specialty

JUDGE 1. Mr. Aramis Lim Jnr (Australia ) JUDGE 2. Mr.Daniel Kwee ( Indonesia )

JUDGE 3. Mr. Simon Sim ( Philippienes ) JUDGE 4. Mr. Milo Valdes ( Philippienes )

จัดงานประกวดโดย Shetland Sheepdog Club Of Thailand

At Pantip Plaza NgamWongwan ( not the Pantip near Central World)

Hi,

I couldn't make it to the past dog-shows you guys recommanded. So I try to look ahead and find out what are the upcoming dog shows in September or even October.

I am interested in shows where I can be sure to see Bull Terriers and Mini Bull Terriers and eventually get some breeders contacts. Also eventually Dogo Argentino if some are shown.

Looking into Bangkok events, but also Chang Mai if any, since we plan to make a stop over there (there seem to be a very good EBT breeder in Chiang Mai).

Does any one have info on upcomming dog-shows showing those breeds ? Or where could I get a "Bkk Dog Shows Calendar" regrouping all ?

Thanks everybody !

Looking into Bangkok events, but also Chang Mai if any, since we plan to make a stop over there (there seem to be a very good EBT breeder in Chiang Mai).

Thanks everybody !

Read this thread about EBT: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/English-Bull...rs-t244941.html

And then pm or email KhunOr: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/KhunOr-m58041.html

I've just heard they have a litter coming up in January. :)

Thanks everybody !

Read this thread about EBT:

And then pm or email KhunOr:

I've just heard they have a litter coming up in January. :D

Did my homework indeed ! Read the EBT link all the way through, and when I was mentioning a "good breeder" in Chiang Mai I was just thinking about the very same Khun Or ... :)

But before going into adoption, I want to make a first trip just to have a look around, a feeling of what to expect, advises. I think dog-shows are a good opportunity. Any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This weekend December 19-20

The Rose Garden

A large outddor Pet show: birds, fish, plants, horses.....lots of activities for the whole family. A nice day out by the river: relax and enjoy some fresh air!

Free entry

International judges

Lots of Pet accessories and pets for sale.