george

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The elite together with those in power want to control people forever but this time the reds have enough. From what I noted, 22 elections and 18 coups. Too much to bear. The situation now is not 30 years ago. We have our own tv station and we know which is which.

I am now at Baan Ampur and have just seen about 10 truck loads of troops heading into Pattaya. Two of the trucks were full of medical teams.

Yes well it is nearly lunch time and it is most likely a somtam run...

Ahhh Jimmy....wot a classic :o

2 red-shirted protesters injured in Pattaya clash

Pattaya - Two red-shirted protesters were injured during their battle with the blue-shirted demonstrators in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel Saturday morning.

At 9:34 am, the two sides sent representatives to negotiate and agreed to keep a distance between the two groups of demonstrators to avoid more clashes.

The Nation

one shoot in the head of s specific man outside thailand would solve a lot of the problem,

i am more than happy that we have abisit now,, he give good response to the eco crisis and is good in econommy,,on the other hand, there is one man wth his own intrest,get back power and his money,who use the mob for his personal intrest.

thairakthai or taxsin a democrat never ever...........he waS guilty form the NCC for fraud and taxevsion ,and was blocked for politics,, but he was not following in 2001, and was still elected,contrarian thai law.

No it would be the trigger of riots. You rather want 10000 redshirts running down beach road burning cars and breaking windows?

What you have now is demonstrations with a certain amount of controll from leaders.

What will happen if Thaksin dies is riots, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_riots or your average french suburb uprising for examples of how bad it CAN be and compare to even the worst day of PAD/UDD gatherings. Your still on scale 1 out of 10 on the riotladder.

Actually I disagree, why?

1. The people are wearing red shirts because their "leaders" organized the demonstrations in the first place

2. The "Leaders" are paid by Taksin, as this is ALL about him wanting his money and power back, he wants to be the first Thai PRESIDENT for christ sake

3. If he'd be gone, there would be no more people getting money so no more reason to round up people and get them to wear red shirts.

And if anyone wonders WHY Taksin is still running free and WHY they let him keep his passport - IF Taksin were to be brought back to Thailand and put in jail (where he belong) THEN you would have riots on the streets.

TNN reports some vehicles speed out of hotel

TNN reported live from the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel at 13:12 pm that some vehicles sped out of the hotel, passing through protesters after the red-shirted protesters stormed inside the hotel.

The Nation

Arisman directs protesters to hung for PM inside Royal Cliff Beach hotel

Arisman Pongruangrong, a red-shirted leade, directed protesters to raid inside the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel to hunt for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

After the protesters broke inside the building of the hotel at 12:50 pm, Arisman kept on urging protesters to go inside to look for Abhisit and to disrupt all Asean meetings.

TNN News agency reported that the raid by the protesters, who smashed the hotel's windows, prompted all meetings to be cancelled immediately.

The Nation

Thailand analysis: 'land of smiles' becomes land of lies

Thailand, sad to say, is in a terrible mess. With the very future of the monarchy at risk the stakes could not be higher. The country is deeply polarized with goodwill, moral authority and the truth itself in desperately short supply. Thailand could be heading for a very hard landing.

By Thomas Bell in Bangkok

Last Updated: 6:38PM BST 05 Apr 2009

A light cast on what takes place in the comfortable sitting rooms of power is long overdue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...nd-of-lies.html

At last someone with a concise, informative, balanced and perceptive view of current events in Thailand. Contrast this article with 99.99% of the posts on here and it makes the other posters look like bonehead neanderthals. I guess that is why he is a paid journalist for a reputable newspaper and the rest are just "would be if they could be's" full of bluff, bluster and b*lldust.

But sadly, Thai wouldn't be in the position it is if more of the people could be connected to, read and understand a concise, informative, balance and perceptive view of current events. hel_l, the world wouldn't be. Even seems like only a small percentage of the forum posters do, but they are probably 20% Thai if that. Those locals with enough education are either yellow, red, blue, or black, fighting for the scraps that the rich let trickle down. Just like home, only we let our PM's or Rep's fight for us... Lot of good that does...

<h1 class="articleheading">Anti-government break into ASEAN summit in Thailand (Extra) </h1><h4 class="sectionheading">Asia-Pacific News</h4> Apr 11, 2009, 6:16 GMT

window.google_render_ad();

Pattaya, Thailand - Anti-government protestors invaded the summit of the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) at the Thai seaside resort of Pattaya Saturday.

The Thai government had earlier said it would take whatever measure necessary to resist but at about 1 pm (0600 GMT) red-shirted protestors climbed into the summit grounds, smashed a picture window and entered invested the media building, which is only a short distance from where summit venue.

Officials said that China has now suggested the summit be cancelled, and Thai officials agreed that the security forces had failed to contain the situation.

The Red Shirts inside the meeting where noisy, energetic, chanting but not physically aggressive. 'We are sorry, we are sorry, but the Red Shirts have broken in. You will be inconveniences,' said a announcement in the press room.

Read more: Anti-government break into ASEAN summit in Thailand (Extra) - Monsters and Critics - http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asi..._#ixzz0CLbGaS6m

One of the red shirts was shot in the leg i think in Pattaya tai this morning.

I am staying behind Pattaya Memorial Hospital and saw the meat wagon bringing him in.

The whole situation is almost surreal.

But this was always going to happen.

The yellow shirts created the situation that enabled the red shirts to flout the law by their blockage of the airport and the house of government.

Instead of trying to win power legitimately by plebiscite the yellow shirts have given the red shirts the impratmateur to do the same thing. ie disrupt the country and flout the rule of law

Fellow ex-pats.

Are you concerned about the current political situation in Thailand?

Than worry no more, why not purchase one of my bullet proof, knife proof cling on fit tee-shirts in stay safe neutral green.

Come in 5 sizes: S, M, L, XL & XXL.

Due to the recent panic, Stocks are running out fast.

Order yours today

2700 baht for Farangs and 67 baht for Thais.

post-11344-1239431408_thumb.jpg

Absolutely pathetic.

The protesters are inside the Asean Summit hotel in force and doing whatever they want inside. Thailand is a joke. A basic unarmed mob can't be thwarted when the safety of world leaders are at stake. NEVER again should a world leader step foot in this country.

Again, WHERE ARE THE HELICOPTERS, WATER CANNONS, ATTACK DOGS, AND BALLS of the authorities?

Where were they when the PAD invaded Govt House?

The police and army don't want to get involved directly...and why should they? with both the locals and the "expat" foreigners constantly criticizing them., whatever they do.

Surely you're kidding...right? Are you on crack?

Since when is it okay to storm an international airport and shut it down? Since when is it okay to storm a Summit with world leaders? STOP TAKING SIDES and use common sense here. It's unsafe, unwarranted, and unwanted by anyone who shows total disregard for safety and general guidelines.

The only thing necessary for thugs (mercenaries) to achieve this kind of mutiny is for security forces to do nothing...which is the story of Thailand.

This isn't about yellow or red, but rather about a pacifist society that allows itself to be walked on to the point of world disgrace.

I could not agree more, both sides have done major damage and acted in ways that are not acceptable. Do the means really justify the end result? I don't think so. I can not believe these fools in red have trapped world leaders at their hotels. I can't believe that once again the army and police are not stepping in and taken care of these criminals.... What a joke.

On the one hand you have the red shirted ex singer gobbing off veiled threats against Abhisit, and saying unless he resigns within 2 hours, the reds will do something bad.

Govt spokesman is saying that they are now sending the army in!!!

As reported, the Asean Summit has been called off. Unconfirmed, but likely true. Many news agencies are also pulling out for fear of safety. World leaders are advised to leave when they can.

something similar ever seen anywhere else worldwide??

Normaly the summit host would set up security a tad bit outside the vicinty of the summit hotel. Of course, if this was Europe, and police allowed the protesters to get inside a hotel, there would be no more hotel. And you would be towing away burnt cars.

Makes you think a little. Maybe the army/police didnt side with the yellows last time. Maybe they just dont know who they support, or more likely their leaders actually are incompetent...

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Red-shirted protesters armed with giant firecrackers, Molotov cocktails, sling shots and batons, battled with local people who formed a line to protect the venue of Asean +6 summit venue here Saturday morning.

The clash happened at 8:40 am.

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people was scattered and ran for cover when the red-shirted people attacked them.

Several explosion sounds of firecrackers were heard and the red-shirted people were seen as firing slingshots with bolts at the blue-shirted people who tried formed a line in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel.

The red-shirted people formed a line and kept advancing until the two sides stood confronting less than one metre apart and the clash broke out.

The red-shirted protesters were seen carrying Molotov cocktails but none had been thrown at the other side yet.

Terrified local residents closed their houses and many were seen weeping with fear.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Just out of interest... 10 military trucks and 4 military transport coaches with approx 400 Thai troops on board steamed passed by shop heading for Pratumak Hill where the protesters are massing...

I got caught up in the protest last night, and saw the previous yellow shirt protests in Bangkok a few months a go.

Things are different this time. The red shirt protesters seamed more like hired thugs than the 'family outing' yellow shirts.

I do belive that things are about to get messy :o

The sad truth is that censorship laws prevent us from ever having a truly honest debate here on thaivisa pertaining to all the root causes of the curret crises.

:o

BINGO and correct in one!

Its maybe not possible to be discussed in an expat forum, but its widely discussed amongst midle class urban Thai in eye to eye discussions, who know very well about the internal power struggle and the people who support the different factions in a certain firm. Maybe you not aware of the fact that there is the rumour circuit and documents send by fax. And like in the USSR time there is an Samizdat press.

... seems you have forgotten what the yellow mob did not so long ago - far worse than this -- with the full backing of the govt --

Mike - have YOU forgotten the behaviour of the man the red-shirts are fighting for? Have you forgotten the intimidation tactics, the obnoxious arrogance of the man, the unbelievable level of corruption (even for Thailand)? The tactics of the yellow-shirts were wrong, but at least they were fighting against the return to power of a megalomaniac.

As for "with the full backing of the government" - what the hel_l are you talking about? Do you mean with the full backing of the Democrats, who were in opposition at the time?

Haven't read all the comments here yet sorry. I read the first page article, which made it sound a bit like the blues were peacefully standing in a line cordoning off an area. I then did a search on you tube for 'pattaya', and came across this watch?v=O2cYUAYwlD0. Tells a bit of a different story if you ask me.

RLM

Asean Summit in Pattaya collapses

Thai government decided to postpone indefinitely the Asean Summit in Pattaya after red shirts protesters broke into the hotel which is hosting the summit.

Government spokesman Panithan Wattanayakorn said the leaders who were attending the Summit which started on Friday are leaving the compound.

"The leaders and the Thai government decided to delay the summit as the situation is not safe for them and the officials," he said in a telephone interview with Thai TV station.

The Nation

You cant have ordinary people terrorised in their own homes by nutters with molotovs. This has gone beyond peaceful protest. It is time for the authorities to take action.

I agree but then again nothing was done when the yellows were touting Guns and being violent in Bangkok when it was there turn

they are all as bad as one another

Voicing an opinnion and excercing your rights seems to only belong to one group. Democracy my Butt

Lack of democracy is throughout the world. The only difference here is that the lack of democracy is more transparent.

I wonder when the Thais will realise that this is a battle between Royalists and Republicans??

gemdealers is EXACLTLY right!! We need to see this as it truly is, a fight for power.

Don't be misinformed by the mass media.

There way too many variables and factions at play here, sides of the story that will NEVER be told.

So, don't judge. Be the change that you want in the world.

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Red-shirted protesters armed with giant firecrackers, Molotov cocktails, sling shots and batons, battled with local people who formed a line to protect the venue of Asean +6 summit venue here Saturday morning.

The clash happened at 8:40 am.

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people was scattered and ran for cover when the red-shirted people attacked them.

Several explosion sounds of firecrackers were heard and the red-shirted people were seen as firing slingshots with bolts at the blue-shirted people who tried formed a line in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel.

The red-shirted people formed a line and kept advancing until the two sides stood confronting less than one metre apart and the clash broke out.

The red-shirted protesters were seen carrying Molotov cocktails but none had been thrown at the other side yet.

Terrified local residents closed their houses and many were seen weeping with fear.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Just out of interest... 10 military trucks and 4 military transport coaches with approx 400 Thai troops on board steamed passed by shop heading for Pratumak Hill where the protesters are massing...

I got caught up in the protest last night, and saw the previous yellow shirt protests in Bangkok a few months a go.

Things are different this time. The red shirt protesters seamed more like hired thugs than the 'family outing' yellow shirts.

I do belive that things are about to get messy :o

Give me a break seemed like hired thugs I remember seeing the yellows on tv waving pistols looking like real thugs

Four governements in the past year has not been enough for these Taksin trouble makers. You better believe that if they were in Alabama the necks of red would take care of them in a hurry. These people have shown that they rather run than fight.

A sound comment of an upstanding citizen from the KKK.

Edited by henryalleman