Maxnet Modem Admin Login - Default?

Thanh-BKK

Hi.

I'm now in Chiang Mai, getting my boyfriend's nephew's computer working once again (a ton of viruses, a smoked "C" partition, one faulty RAM module) and there is now even an internet connection available, yup, they finally got a landline out here in the bush and ADSL attached to it too, rather fast even (2Mbit). I don't really know WHAT it is, the line is TT&T, the CD for the internet setup says "Maxnet" but the user name (which TT&T needed four calls in as many hours to provide as the paper had gotten lost) contains "....@indy"). So is it Maxnet or Indy or..... gobbledigoo?

Anyway it's working, my backup Cat CDMA is as well, the computer is fixed and newly installed, but now i need help. I need BitTorrent to work, and that requires me to forward a port in "the router".

Heck, no router here, but TT&T's modem. Which is a Huawei SmartAX MT880. Appears to be a bit of a router in fact, as one can log on via it's IP address, BUT....

i don't have the user name and password for it!

Now i assume that this is some standard thing, however "admin" and "admin" won't do. SO now i'm asking everyone:

Do you know the login details for a TT&T/Maxnet/Indy modem/router type Huawei SmartAX MT880..??

Oh, and yes i DID try to get this from TT&T, which are rather incompetent... press 9 for English, but continue in Thai after and the operator doesn't speak English either, the fourth person i'm transferred to finally does and says "technician will give you, but now Songhkran and holiday, he call next week after Songkhran". Fine, i'm back in Bangkok by then so that won't help me.

Many thanks in advance.....

Thanh

• 1 month later...
login : admin

password :1234 or TTT or ttt

indy is the cheap maxnet package

NHJ, you may have an answer? I have the Maxnet package (XP OS). After a new box, old modem would not work. so TT&T supplied a replacement - Huawei SmartAX MT880.

Fine, except uTorrent downloads slower than before. I applied the TCPZ patch which increased XP's limit on half-open files. Better, but still slower than of old.

Prob seems to be port not forwarding. How do I forward a port? Can I? If you have a clue, keep it simple, please for a non-techie. OGT

if you are using uTorrent just click on options/speed guide

and test if forwarded, if not then a window in your browser will

open and tell you how to do it.

also www.portforward.com this site tells you how to port forward.

Enjoy downloading

Thanks Beano2274. I regularly check the uTorrent speed guide – no p/forward. Ruddy thing was fine with the old modem.

No window from the browser, probably because I don't use the Firefox 3 browser with uTorrent. I start from desktop. Wrong?

I tried portforward.com – heavy man – or too heavy for this old man. Every time I try anything like this, it's SNAFU & back to System Restore.

I think I'll get the chang round to fix. dam_n clever these orientals. Trouble is, no English. Ah well, nothing a few bahts more won't remedy – eventually.

How was South Perrott (?) last time you looked? Gert big housing development? It was 'ansome when I was there around 1950.

Thanks again, Oldgittom.