Hm Forces Exemption

I have been asked by a colleague who is a serving member of the Army and as so is a member of HM Forces about application exemption rules for fees etc, I have read on the UKBA agency web site that there is an exemption of sorts but not an exemption of immigration. (confused)

Has any one or is any one a serving member or can lend information to Armed Forces Applications as its not exactly black and white on Ye old UKBA Website.

Its a long shot but worth a go...

All I know about is Chapter 29 - Settlement entry for former members of HM Forces and their dependants . However, although I have not read through it, I think this only applies when the former member of HM Forces is not themselves a British citizen.

Hopefully someone else can come up with more.

Surely, though, your friend must be able to find out this information from the Army?

Edited by 7by7

All I know about is Chapter 29 - Settlement entry for former members of HM Forces and their dependants . However, although I have not read through it, I think this only applies when the former member of HM Forces is not themselves a British citizen.

Hopefully someone else can come up with more.

Surely, though, your friend must be able to find out this information from the Army?

There is info on Dependants of HM Forces, Had a good look through the guides today its very difficult to get a clear definition of exemption, timescales and well just all the usual guff the UKBA stipulate. It’s a very uneasy category to work out. Ah well thought id ask anyway.

Contrary to popular belief the Army aren’t really too hot on admin.