Emergency Laws In Pattaya Lifted

george

Not really. He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

This is about as ignorant as it gets, thank you for exhibiting your extreme sense of intellect.

Why is it ignorant? I am merely pointing out to those here that think that a foreign birth and education change the man, it does not imho...

It appears that you are suggesting that he is genetically inferior because he is Thai. I find that ignoarant as well. back to the real issue. What is happening now? is there still demonstrations, Rioting ??

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

choosing 1 side over another in this situation makes no sense. siding for 1 corrupt guy over another is just idiotic. the former is a proven criminal while the most recent was not democratically elected. 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other as they say. it's just a big retard fest!!!!!

They said via DStation that they sent the letter to Asean Summit Representative that they don't accept Abhisit as PM but they don't attack leaders from countries who attend the Summit.

On their way out, they met the dark blues who attacked them first. Some red hard cores fought back. About 11 reds were injured. Blues ran away after all because there were too many reds. They took off their blue T-shirts and threw away. It says "peaceful, be together...". The reds collected a knife, blue shirts and ping pong bombs to show on the stage.

After hearing news that taxi drivers were injured, the red leader announced that they had to go into the resort to look for Abhisit. Army and Police did not stop the reds because they saw what happened when reds did not attack first. Most police and soldiers are with the reds. They are low level people having to obey the boss's order and will never have a chance to be leaders. They said those who can be at top must please the ruling class.

Police still remember that they used tear gas to clear PAD on 7 Oct last year as PAD had weapons, Police now are accused.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Prime-Minist...Cr-t250063.html

60 policemen were injured by PAD on 7 Oct. The reds said hospitals refused to help injured policemen, as they misunderstood that "Police killed people". The reds told hospitals about the facts. Most police are with the reds now.

Ch 9 are reporting that the Blue Shirts were Police from Buriram. Whose powerbase is there ? The plot thickens.....

I thought everyone already knew that the blue shirts were hired and trucked down on the orders and payment of a certain banned politician who weeps on TV now so sensitive is he about the country. It was on Thai news today that he sent them apparently :o ...

Abhisit has lost lots of face.

He is now a object of ridicule around the world as an "incompetent" leader of a country.

He has no choice now but to stand down and take on an 'inactive position" for some time.

Without the pretty face puppet on the strings to front the old ugly beast, what will the Democrats do next ?

Will Newin now kiss and make up with Thaksin and become best buddies again, now he see's the governments power weakening fast. One thing far too many people on here forget is that while the "uneducated and unwashed" mass population think politicians hate each other...........

they all are in fact good friends just "playing politics", and they have no enemies as they will throughout their career swing here and there depending on which way the wind is blowing. Politics is about portraying hate of the others, but without actually having it yourself.

You construct your own scenario, which is not necessarily a wrongful act but is, I say, a wrong scenario. If not Abisit, then whom? Resurrect the past, such as Newin? It's obvious to almost anyone that the discredited past provides no alternative or answer to present circumstances or to future scenarios. Find a new PM who hasn't any enemies? Tell us another story of the impossible. On second thought, don't.

The Toxin 'get even' scenario presented by the Nation is the more accurate one. Indeed, now that Toxin has demolished the Pattaya ASEAN plus 6 meeting, what should one expect the ASEAN plus 6 leaders to do? Remember, the +6 leaders include China and India, major economic players in the regional and global economy.

Further, Toxin's 'get even' dementia against the ASEAN+6 meeting in Thailand, whose venue had been changed from Bangkok to Pattaya, now necessarily draws in the global economic players, ie, the G-20 who at this point clearly know and recognize that the rogue Terminator Toxin must in the present global economic crisis be dealt with, neutralized, lest he so seriously aggravate a situation so delicate as to plunge the global economy into a yet more dangerous or disastrous circumstance and situation.

Becasue of Toxin's mad determination to destroy Thailand by any means, he has become an international parriah. This is now so because the world has seen that Taksin's exploiting of the ASEAN+6 meeting in Thailand takes Toxin's vendetta to a new dimension which extends beyond Thailand. Indeed, the lesssons of the recent past are not lost in respect to world leaders, i.e., that the 1997 meltdown of the East Asian economy originated in Thailand and in short order nearly brought serious, indeed severe, disruption to the global economy. Can the risk of a repeat performance be indulged? Of course not.

As a fugitive from Thai justice, and after Taksin's irresponsible and truly mad act of causing the ASEAN+6 debacle in Thailand, Toxin has surely become a man without a country. I wouldn't be surprised to see some nature of international sanction against him before too much longer. Perhaps even officially, first by a more distant organization such as the OECD which could publically ostracize him; then perhaps APEC, and then if necessary perhaps even by a UN body such as its development arm.

The clear point is that the guy has gone off the deep end and that now he is is impacting the economies of East Asia and the relationships of the economies of the region with the larger global economy, which presently is a wreck as things currently are. It is obvious the guy has lost it and will cause whatever damage he can, wherever he can, to whomever he can. Who could accept this, locally, regionally, globally?

After Pattaya we should expect to look for some international sanction or action, whether official or unofficial, before too much longer. It's become necessary.

Edited by Publicus

What would be a nice name for the northern part of the country if it became a new nation? New Siam perhaps? who would get the name Thailand? or perhaps they might go the same as korea with a north Thailand and south Thailand thing.

to many coups have yeilded only short term results for the teams involved. this thing will never sort without a good old fashioned civil war.

Not really. He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

This is about as ignorant as it gets, thank you for exhibiting your extreme sense of intellect.

Why is it ignorant? I am merely pointing out to those here that think that a foreign birth and education change the man, it does not imho...

It appears that you are suggesting that he is genetically inferior because he is Thai. I find that ignoarant as well. back to the real issue. What is happening now? is there still demonstrations, Rioting ??

No, it's cultural not genetic - nature versus nurture. I never implied genetic deficiency, just cultural bias.

They said via DStation that they sent the letter to Asean Summit Representative that they don't accept Abhisit as PM but they don't attack leaders from countries who attend the Summit.

On their way out, they met the dark blues who attacked them first. Some red hard cores fought back. About 11 reds were injured. Blues ran away after all because there were too many reds. They took off their blue T-shirts and threw away. It says "peaceful, be together...". The reds collected a knife, blue shirts and ping pong bombs to show on the stage.

After hearing news that taxi drivers were injured, the red leader announced that they had to go into the resort to look for Abhisit. Army and Police did not stop the reds because they saw what happened when reds did not attack first. Most police and soldiers are with the reds. They are low level people having to obey the boss's order and will never have a chance to be leaders. They said those who can be at top must please the ruling class.

Police still remember that they used tear gas to clear PAD on 7 Oct last year as PAD had weapons, Police now are accused.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Prime-Minist...Cr-t250063.html

60 policemen were injured by PAD on 7 Oct. The reds said hospitals refused to help injured policemen, as they misunderstood that "Police killed people". The reds told hospitals about the facts. Most police are with the reds now.

Exactly, I think a lot of people forget that and Thais do have very, very good memories.....

He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

Care to elaborate on that last sentence?

Sounds like toothless redneck talk to me.....

i have said in another forum that aphisit was weak, etc. but upon reading this thread i guess i now think that aphisit and the democrats are actually clever enough to have thaksin fall in their trap...

and so, i was discussing with my wife why the summit was organised in pattaya which is just 1.5 hours away from bangkok and that it is easily to mobilised the protesters, why not kho samui?

the thread above is the answer...

I don't think so. I think you attribute far too much planning and dialogue when it is just knee ferk reaction and simplistic governance thorugh and through. I really do beleive that the ONLY reason the meeting was moved from Phuket to Pattaya was that the hotels in Phuket are always full for Songran and Pattaya is suffering huge tourist losses... Simplistic, wrong and now proven to be suicidal for Abhisit and co and Thailand but there it is.... There is no deep purpose in that....

He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

Or maybe somebody thats just guessing perhaps ? Ive been to enough functions at the Embassy in London to understand that Thais in the UK do have common sense, morals and foresight.

I put the question up before and I say it again, can't anyone image that Aphisit let it come to this on purpose?

The difference between the criminal behavior by the red shirts and the criminal one last year by the yellow shirts is, that the yellow shirts were actually trying to force the courts to enforce the law while the red shirts are trying to overthrow a legitimate government. This gives the government the right to pretty do whatever is necessary to restore peace, and after today we can expect pretty serious actions.

I also said before, that the Leaders from the different countries who were attending the now canceled summit know very well about the Thai political situation and who is pulling whose strings and is acting upon whose interests.

sinewave said it quite well

Thaksin is showing his true colors to the delegates of the ASEAN summit, wasting their time and actually putting them in harms way.

ASEAN is for the good of the region, Thaksin is showing he has no disregard for the good of the region by disrupting the summit.

No disregard for anyone but himself.

There are times for everything, disrupting the ASEAN summit for the development of the region is not one of them. Policies are made at the summit and now the policies are put on hold because of Thaksin, I can't think of any delegate that would see any good in his actions, especialy during a looming world economic slowdown where policies are needed more than ever.

Aphisit's lack of action is correct, let the delegates feel the full flavor of Thaksin's wrath, the taste may just end up being too bitter to swallow.

If you were one of the delegates and felt at danger...who would you blame? the instigater or the protector?

you do not need a protector if there is no instigator.

They know Thaksin is the one behind the red shirts actions and they know that he is the one to blame for what happened at the summit today. You might all say Aphisit is weak or doesn't know what to do, I think he knows very well what he is doing or what will (did) happen if he is in fact not doing anything...

Sorry

Or maybe somebody thats just guessing perhaps ? Ive been to enough functions at the Embassy in London to understand that Thais in the UK do have common sense, morals and foresight.

You obviously have never lived and worked here in Thailand then..... Ask any member on here secretly by PM what they think...

The reds went peacefully to meeting in pattaya, and they got ambushed by the blue's who were the only group carrying weapons.

I'm not a supporter, but as the human rights state, everyone has their right to protest peacefully, and the red's are being prevoked into voilence.

hmmmmm:

post-25601-1239463025_thumb.png

I was at the Royal Cliff yesterday. The reds had sticks and metal rods in the back of their trucks. They were brought out and brandished at a police line at one point.

Spoken like a true Thai. You get honorary MTTT status... We should all just stop caring, taking any interest at all and become brainless retards like most Thais....

The former is a foreign educated Thai and the latter a local ie. uneducated Thai as sadly the education system here ranks as amongst the worst in the world because of.... yes, years of lack of interest because the ruling families send their kids abroad anyway to be educated so who cares about the local poor!

Please let's be clear here... I use my words carefully... brainless = brains have been lost because of no use, retard = on the international IQ scale, most Thais are classified as that by their average IQ of 88.

Not my fault, I am the one campaigning here for change to get an education for them as I think carefully where my 6 months old son is going to go to school...

So let me ask this question, is your wife Thai? Well she married you and by your judment of Thai's ability to think she must be...

And since your son has Thai genes well it does not matter were you send him to school does it? It did not matter according to you for the current PM...

You rants are funny and show how racist you really are on one hand you say the current PM even though he went to school over seas still has Thai genes that make him stupid... yet above you say that the stupidness comes from lack of internest in the local education system.... see a conflict???

I am educated to Master's level, I meet Abhisit and talk to him each year he attends the Oxford and Cambridge Dinner, I have a successful business here and I have a Thai family so I am not really the unwelcome-farang-type
I see Abhisit was the first to run off from Pattaya according to the news very unlike a captain and leaving all his invited guests to comment why they ever accepted an invitation to Thailand under his stewardship. What a supreme coward and failure... Maybe skipping that military service left him with no backbone...

You should bring up those insights the next time you're dining with him. Should make for great dinner conversation.

:o

I don't know whether its true or not....but I read in one report that the Fillipino delegation suggested that Abhisit should leave first, because he was the target of the protests...and if he left the protestors might be willing to leave also. For that reason Abhisit agreed to leave.

Like I say I can't verify thats true....but I remember reading it in one of the press reports I read.

:D

there are also rumors from coups from both sides....

And rumors of a dissolution. One thing seems certain. Abhisit will take the fall for the failed summit.

Penkair's comments to the international media this afternoon as reported on 2Bangkok today were telling. He said that "the Red Shirts gatherings will continue past Songkran and will not end until the PM and Privy Councilors will resign as the Thai people are fed up with the aristocracy."

This implies more than just bringing Thaksin back as PM and is a non starter. Hence, Abhisit's replacement, should this happen, will be someone expected to make short work of the Red leadership.

There are also rumors that Suthep get kicked.

Would be possible that Abhisit uses this as an opportunity to clean up the mess in the police, just I don't believe it.

Replacing Abhisit? Did you hear any names?

for me the complete thing looks very surreal........

I hadn't thought about Suthep also being on the firing line, but it would make sense.

Earlier today, Thanong reported he thought Abhisit's replacement would be Gen. Prawit (Defense Minister). When the CNS were thinking of replacing PC Gen. Surayud, the two names that came up were Anand and Gen. Prawit, who has close ties with several senior ranking members of the military. In addition, his brother is a senior ranking Pol. Gen. However, Gen. Prawit is not an MP so if Abhisit is replaced and it is him, the constitution would have to be amended. I doubt they would go the coup route so soon after the last one, but given today's events, anything's possible.

No, it's cultural not genetic - nature versus nurture. I never implied genetic deficiency, just cultural bias.

If he was born, raised and educated in the UK then where does the cultural bias come in? "I never implied genetic deficiency, just cultural bias" You did say"And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes...." OK anyway I'll leave you to deal with your issues, I am really just after more news about what is happening now??

Sorry I'm a little confused here with regard to the present governments legitamacy, surely if a government wins an election and I say possibly in an unfair way yet to be proven in court, and said government resign then a NEW election is called for not another beaten group "fairly or unfairly I might add" cobbling together a disenfanchised collection of inadequate MPs to form a government I always thought democracy meant, government for the people by the people, all you posters need to think what your supporting, to deny yourself the facts of the tv coverage of the pads and their distruction of government house for instance and actually condones it shows that your head is up your arse and not on your shoulders, and as for the red supporters your groups actions while not as extreme as the yellows yet are certainly heading that way stop supporting either group as a large percentage of farangs do really care about the man in the street, stop being so vociferous in your condemnation of either factions they do not support the average thai only two sides both wanting their noses in the same trough.

No, you are implying that genes are the sole criteria in dictating a persons character.

Sorry I'm a little confused here with regard to the present governments legitamacy, surely if a government wins an election and I say possibly in an unfair way yet to be proven in court, and said government resign then a NEW election is called for not another beaten group "fairly or unfairly I might add" cobbling together a disenfanchised collection of inadequate MPs to form a government I always thought democracy meant, government for the people by the people, all you posters need to think what your supporting, to deny yourself the facts of the tv coverage of the pads and their distruction of government house for instance and actually condones it shows that your head is up your arse and not on your shoulders, and as for the red supporters your groups actions while not as extreme as the yellows yet are certainly heading that way stop supporting either group as a large percentage of farangs do really care about the man in the street, stop being so vociferous in your condemnation of either factions they do not support the average thai only two sides both wanting their noses in the same trough.

that they won unfair was proven in court already...

Else it is normal in a parliamentary system and happens in many countries that different majorities will be found and a different government get elected in the parliament.

That can happen because no party WON the election. all are below 50 %

Lets say you have

party A with 40 %

party B with 40 %

party C with 20 %

Party A and C makes coalition. But later party C change their mind and make a coalition with party B

Both is democratic.

Twenty years in the Kingdom and I've heard all this crap before and so have most others living here, "We want to improve the lot of the working class thai " goes the bull---t at every general election held while I've lived here, the standard of education is appalling things have not changed, the papers and media in general talk about 900,000 students leaving universities every year with degrees so with that kind of result WHAT HAS GONE WRONG the country is still third world, things should have changed by now and they haven't.

that they won unfair was proven in court already...

Else it is normal in a parliamentary system and happens in many countries that different majorities will be found and a different government get elected in the parliament.

That can happen because no party WON the election. all are below 50 %

Lets say you have

party A with 40 %

party B with 40 %

party C with 20 %

Party A and C makes coalition. But later party C change their mind and make a coalition with party B

Both is democratic.

Proven in court after a fairly long time in power by a suspect administration but the point still remains that the incumbent government ie' Somchai?? resigned thus the need for a general election, coalitions can only happen when after a general election no one single party has a overall majority.

It seems to me that there are no winners in this debacle:--

PAD (and the elite they represent) seemingly had a victory by crippling the transport system and, ultimately, getting the Democrats into power. This is now lookoing like a hollow victory.

Abbisit - a Western born/educated politician who seemed well-regarded by the media and internationally but has shown no spine domestically.

Red shirts - just another bunch of puppets who are paid to play the role of rent-a-mob. Their mandate was to achieve Abbisit's resignation but they withdrew after the abandonment of the Asean conference. A "victory" - I don't think so.

Taksin - in my view he has continued to weaken his position. His pre-Songkran civil war never had a cat in hel_l's chance of gaining momentum. Other people have highlighted the mathematical represention of up to 100,000 people out of 60 odd million that actively took part in this unrest (and, indeed the yellow shirt equivalent).

I cannot make comment about the position/stance of the higher authority in Thailand.

In summary this has been a domestic 'flash in the pan' that has seen the government, and worse the people, of Thailand lose face in the international arena. Thailand has been potrayed by the international media as something of a laughing stock that could not organise a p!ss up in a brewery- let alone a regional political conference. It is no coincidence that the G20 conference in London was very effectively organised in the face of high-profile protestations from several quarters. On that one occasion the British government, security forces and police (bar one) evidenced the the difference between a developed country and one that aspires ( but will never achieve in the short-term) to be.

Edited by Chaimai

Spoken like a true Thai. You get honorary MTTT status... We should all just stop caring, taking any interest at all and become brainless retards like most Thais....

The former is a foreign educated Thai and the latter a local ie. uneducated Thai as sadly the education system here ranks as amongst the worst in the world because of.... yes, years of lack of interest because the ruling families send their kids abroad anyway to be educated so who cares about the local poor!

Please let's be clear here... I use my words carefully... brainless = brains have been lost because of no use, retard = on the international IQ scale, most Thais are classified as that by their average IQ of 88.

Not my fault, I am the one campaigning here for change to get an education for them as I think carefully where my 6 months old son is going to go to school...

So let me ask this question, is your wife Thai? Well she married you and by your judment of Thai's ability to think she must be...

And since your son has Thai genes well it does not matter were you send him to school does it? It did not matter according to you for the current PM...

You rants are funny and show how racist you really are on one hand you say the current PM even though he went to school over seas still has Thai genes that make him stupid... yet above you say that the stupidity comes from lack of interest in the local education system.... see a conflict???

Well, this is getting tedious as several of you say very little constructive but think that debating and discussion is about dissecting the content of others' ideas instead.

For the record, I am a trained psychologist with a classical education and yes, I went to Cambridge. No big deal for me so don't even bother to comment on that but I tell you only to point out I have spent many years in that field and related subjects like anthropology and sociology. If you don't like proper argument which comes from proper education, no problem but then do not engage me. Thesis, antithesis and then synthesis each time and I do not ramble, you do...

It is fact that certain races, cultures and even genders are different. Smarter, more imaginative or even more malevolent at certain ages. Fact. Look it up and stop being so PC dim. All the girls are taller at 11 than the boys and smarter... In certain South American countries they have a third sex... The male sex is the prominent one at embryonic stage but by death is out-numbered by the female 2:1... Middle Eastern people have lower spacial awareness skills... Do I Need to go on... This is all in 'general'. I knew very smart PhD students from Thailand too. But general makes the population and if you look at the normal distribution, steroetypes are rarely wrong...

So, Thais are gentle. Score highly for EQ but not for IQ... Generally.. And have a low IQ Generally.... fact...

I do not look down on them. I feel sorry for them as this is a result of centuruies of deprivation and abuse by the ruling families from BKK but rather than support the casue of their repression, I want them to get them emancipation and have a working brain to think for themselves. That's so bad....?

My wife is Thai and I love here dearly as she knows her strengths and weaknesses. She is not the smartest tool in the box and she does not try to be but she has other very admirable and worthy traits and is a wonderful mother.

My son is already showing signs of being very bright even at 7 months so I am glad he has a good brain and good looks. A banana as the HK say - yellow on the outside but white on the inside. Yes, shock, horror, that's what they say in HK as they are plainly far more liberated and tolerant and not to be so PC to be stuck up their arse as in going-noand I will ensure he understands morals.

I love many aspects of Thailand but certainly not the inane stupidity of the farang who think they are soooo Thai but are just really unabel to think for themselves.

Grow up some of you and stop getting personal and if you have the guts explain your own beliefs to this level of detail, please do! Otherwise, stop being cynical and petty. We are all here to debate and we all have different views but there is no point being here if you cannot respect others and be honest to your own beliefs.

If you spend your time picking through others' posts looking for weakness, that makes you very, very weak indeed...

Good post, bannas and coconuts lol The Chinese are considered to have an excellent business mind and are hard working. how would you describe the manifestation of the Thai and Chinese mix?

Edited by waza