State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Some saying PTP should start the "Green Shirts" to come to Bangkok and demonstrate against Abhisit, Suthep, Newin, Blue Shirts, Use of Violence against civilians.

Perfect way for the PTP to make a statement and seperate from the ongoing Red shirts.

I think you have lost the plot totally now. You have no comebacks for anything others address with you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the live BBC Taxin interview, not much enlightenment there. A fairly weak line of questioning from the BBC chap and the usual answers ,I want to help the poor, they ask me to help, I don't care if I return to Thailand or not, I am happy outside. I could clear my name straight away etc etc.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13...cs_30100438.php

BLACK SONGKRAN

Opposition party wants urgent House meeting

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

The opposition party issued the following five-point demand:

1. The government must stop using force and violence against people.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

Pretty much definite proof that PTP is linked to the reds and now openly supports the insurgent forces in bangkok.

i find it soo funny that the reds shirts keep trying to dig their way out of a hole. In their thirst for power they have become the worst thing to ever happen to thailand in recent history.

The reds have

1. Openly said that they will harm the PM

2. Harmed the PM

3. Threatend to blow up the democrats HQ

4. Attacked members of the armed forces

5. Vandalized public property

6 Threatend to blow up 2 LPG trucks in residential neighbourhoods

Go reds ! what's next ?

Some saying PTP should start the "Green Shirts" to come to Bangkok and demonstrate against Abhisit, Suthep, Newin, Blue Shirts, Use of Violence against civilians.

Perfect way for the PTP to make a statement and seperate from the ongoing Red shirts.

levelhead, i know why you never respond, you can't read english!

you are just copying things that you are given to write and have no idea what they mean

get your puppetmaster to write something original for you to copy or maybe google for an insult or two to fire at your detractors

BLACK SONGKRAN

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

Pretty much definite proof that PTP is linked to the reds and now openly supports the insurgent forces in bangkok.

i find it soo funny that the reds shirts keep trying to dig their way out of a hole. In their thirst for power they have become the worst thing to ever happen to thailand in recent history.

The reds have

2. Harmed the PM

Go reds ! what's next ?

There are approx 60 000 expats living in Thailand, how about we all get together and go topless. We will demonstrating for farang rights, no police extortion, cheaper prices for girls, better exchange rate, and what ever else people can contribute!

ANYONE WANT TO JOIN? :o

This shows how out of touch the red's are, the locals can't stand them

But of course they can't, Bangkok is yellow territory the reds get their support upcountry.

That's not quite correct.

If you saw the figures from last week's 100,000 at Gov't House around 75% were from Bangkok and nearby provinces.

I think you can also see from today's support of the army by residents and abuse hurled at the red shirts, things are not that simple.

Ordinary Thais (which is most) are totally sick of this.

Today will just make the "Ordinary Thais" -including many up country, angry at the reds.

They have now gone too far.

Hopefully the gov't will do what I just heard Abihisit say on CNN and help the poor and the un-educated, no matter where they are in Thailand.

If they do, Thaksin will not have a leg to satnd on.

Pu-yiis (such as Thanksin - for that is what he is) who cause this much trouble, loose support very quickly.

The sad thing is, the UDD now are also likely to lose any support they have left. But that's what they get for following the Big Pu-yii's orders and not telling him, "boss, this is not the way to do it".

There are approx 60 000 expats living in Thailand, how about we all get together and go topless. We will demonstrating for farang rights, no police extortion, cheaper prices for girls, better exchange rate, and what ever else people can contribute!

ROFL, i think 60,00 topless expats would constitute some kind of crime against humanity

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

This started the trouble in Pattaya and its rolled over.

Saying blood is all over Abhisits hands now, and he must resign.

levelhead-its over, the tides turn against your man

thickskin was battered by the interviewers on BBC and CNN

he came over as a bumbling old fool

the only way he is coming back to Thailand is in a box.

Whats over ? The ideal of the Reds was to get rid of Abhisit.

He now has to take the blame for the humiliation of the ASEAN Summit. Oppostions MP's will rip him to pieces.

He now has to take the blame for all the violence in Bangkok, he was the PM, he is responsible. Opposition MP's will rip him to pieces.

The Reds protest is one thing, like the Yellows, but the PPP was dissolved by the court, not the Yellow. Abhisit will be got rid of by the Opposition, not the Reds.

I would say the Reds should take the blame for the ASEAN Summit. However, the government does shoulder the responsibility of not being harsh enough with them, and allowing htem to invade the hotel. I believe he will accept responsibility (as much as he can). The Opposition MP's are not capable of "Ripping anyone apart". Especially when they have been actively encouraging the protestors. I can easily see this being a turning point in this conflict. Time will tell, of course, but I think the Reds, Thaksin, and Puea Thai have suffered a huge defeat today, and I am thankful for that.

The blame for the violence in BKK lies only with the reds, Thaksin, and their supporters. The Government was able to swiftly step in and stop them. They deserve limited praise for that, and for the fact that there have been no fatalities to this point. Again, the PT MP's are not going to "rip him to pieces" because they were tacit supporters of the movement, and I am sure they can feel that the tide of public sentiment has swung strongly against them.

My opinion, for what its worth.

BLACK SONGKRAN

By The Nation

The reds have

2. Harmed the PM

Go reds ! what's next ?

don't forget import beer at decent prices.

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

This started the trouble in Pattaya and its rolled over.

Saying blood is all over Abhisits hands now, and he must resign.

... and YOU believe and SUPPORT that view ?

ROFL, i think 60,00 topless expats would constitute some kind of crime against humanity

LOL, with my hairy chest i surely be able to scare a few soldiers away!

Did you see the end picture on AJE.

A solidier pulling a woman along the ground by her hair.

He just kept on pulling her and ripping her hair and dragging her along on the ground, while she screamed. Only when someone else intervened did he stop.

His face is on camera, action must be taken.

This is the kind of thing that will divide Thailand, unrequired sheer brutality by the government and its cronies against civilians.

I hope AJE keep showing that, thats the kind of thing people need to see to get a balance view of why the Reds are so angry at the moment, after being incited into violence by the Blue Shirts to start with.

Thaksin will speak live on BBC World in 'a few minutes.'

Edit: Thaksin - "When I said revolution, I meant 'peaceful revolution.'" Ducking questions about funding saying "I'm just giving 'moral support.'" Now flat-out denying funding the demonstrators...

Claiming "many people have died, I have proof."

Thaksin just dithered. BBC's Jonathon Head then reported he can't find any bullet-riddled corpses.

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

That is going to haunt him forever.

And then the inability to prevent all the violence in Pattaya by not reigning in the Blue shirts, and then the inability to stop the violence in Bangkok, then giving orders for the Military to use excessive force.

A whole comedy of errors that he will have to face, should be be PM at the next government meeting. If he has an ounce of good in him he would resign once the SOE is lifted. He can say he managed it and its over, and then resign as he is accountable for so many bad things that have happened, as he is the PM of the country.

Agreed

reed and the reds surrounde and lacking local support will be besieged and starved out if the army wise or tear gased and shot if there is hotheadedness

Either way its alose lose situation

There will be IMHO much loss of face income security and solidarity before this is all over.

Strong fair guidance from unimpeachable source might kust cool it.

If posters here all in comfort by definition ne access no paddy to work cannot be respectful no wonder threatened bourgeois and downtrodden underclass are at odds

We can all help donate blood or cash to local Hospital or the Red Cross

Edited by RubbaJohnny

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

And then the inability to prevent all the violence in Pattaya by not reigning in the Blue shirts, and then the inability to stop the violence in Bangkok, then giving orders for the Military to use excessive force.

A whole comedy of errors that he will have to face, should be be PM at the next government meeting. If he has an ounce of good in him he would resign once the SOE is lifted. He can say he managed it and its over, and then resign as he is accountable for so many bad things that have happened, as he is the PM of the country.

I think you will find the images of burning buses and a bumbling Thaksin on TV will be the imgaes remembered now...........ever heard of shooting yourself in the foot ?

I disagree. I think you are in a very small minority with this stance LH.

LOL, with my hairy chest i surely be able to scare a few soldiers away!

I didn't realise you were a greek woman :D

He just kept on pulling her and ripping her hair and dragging her along on the ground, while she screamed. Only when someone else intervened did he stop.

This is the kind of thing that will divide Thailand, unrequired sheer brutality by the government and its cronies against civilians.

I hope AJE keep showing that, thats the kind of thing people need to see to get a balance view of why the Reds are so angry at the moment, after being incited into violence by the Blue Shirts to start with.

Need to get that clip put on YouTube. Your friendly woman beating, hair pulling Thai army solidier who picks on a woman standing doing nothing and grabs her hair and drags her along the floor.

What an embaressment.

Hey man, get real. It's like dogs barking at the tree! The dogs are barking but the caravan is moving, you are in the position of the dogs. No offense, just comparison.

I'm sure that you hope that, but the main thing the Thai people are going to focus on is that the reds have started injuring common Thai people, and are the ones using excessive force. You can't try to distract us with minor news from so long ago.

(I'm not going to even start to debate that the ASEAN disruption was obviously the fault of the reds. dam_n I shouldn't even bother giving Levelhead this level of attention, he/she is obviously just a troll, I can't see Levelhead actually believing what he/she is saying...)

Need to get that clip put on YouTube. Your friendly woman beating, hair pulling Thai army solidier who picks on a woman standing doing nothing and grabs her hair and drags her along the floor.

What an embaressment.

LH - that wasn't a soldier pulling the woman by the hair, but the nearby soldiers didn't stop it.

As for ASEAN, that's very sad for the Thai people who could have used the economic stimulus that was going to come from the meetings. It was an embarrassment for Abhisit and Thailand. Economically it was much worse.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Booooooooring :o

What an embaressment.

Is your name "Thaksin"?

You're very good at ignoring the "real" Truth Today.........?

I disagree. I think you are in a very small minority with this stance LH.

LH....is desperately grabbing for straws, but I doubt it's over yet

You see what u want to see, what was she doing 5 minutes before the cameras were rolling, how do you know she had not just shot or killed someone or attempted to ignite a gas wagon?, the answer is you dont know the full story.

I for one wont forget his tight lipped smile, and nervous reassurance.

who is going to take him seriously now ?

security was his responsibility not Newins,

newin is an ass kissing incompetent bungling fool

Edited by mc2