State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Welcome to the next wave. Thaksin has decided to try and bore all his detractors to death by sponsoring posters on TV. Give it a few more posts and we'll be back to the same old rubbish that's been wheeled out time and time again.

Thaksin isn't a criminal.

The country was better off under him.

All the people love him, except for a few idiots.

Abhisit is a puppet.

Abhisit is not the true PM.

The moon is made of green cheese.

Get over it guys, your hero lied on international TV, he called for the country to be torn apart, he encouraged families to protest while making sure his own was well out of the way. Why? To bring democracy and raise the level of the poor and seek justice for all and single handedly solve all our problems? Fat chance. He did it as his last grasp to regain the money and the power. I know you must be feeling sore, but your boy lost. Get over it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous Govt didnt have the balls to do anything about the yellows in contrast the Abasith Govt has shown the guts and backbone to deal with the reds and clean them out.He did make a mistake in trusting a ineffective police force at Pattaya but he has put that right now by leaving them on the sideline.

I do not think that he made a mistake I think he was between a rock and a hard place. If he declared a SOE to bring in the army for what at that time was a legitimate protest can you imagine what everybody would say, so he was left to trust the police which he now knows that he cannot it now will be interesting to see what he does with the police in the next few months

Welcome to the next wave. Thaksin has decided to try and bore all his detractors to death by sponsoring posters on TV. Give it a few more posts and we'll be back to the same old rubbish that's been wheeled out time and time again.

Abhisit is a puppet.

Get over it guys, your hero lied on international TV, he called for the country to be torn apart, he encouraged families to protest while making sure his own was well out of the way. Why? To bring democracy and raise the level of the poor and seek justice for all and single handedly solve all our problems? Fat chance. He did it as his last grasp to regain the money and the power. I know you must be feeling sore, but your boy lost. Get over it.

Excellent!! :o

Wow, we have a lot sore losers on this forum, don't we not? :o

The only loser has been Thailand.

The reds should've thought of that before they decided to invade the ASEAN summit. Oh wait, I forgot, it was due to the "3rd party interference", right?

Abhisit is a puppet.

True enough, well said.

I dont really care what happen to Thaksin, he can try taking over Manchester City and change the logo to a Foot symbol or run to the North Pole, but I'm more interested at the people who once spread terror to foreigners by seizing both airports and dividing the Thais to 2 sides (or 3 sides). They should all, including Thaksin and PAD leaders be jailed.

Funny how people are still one sided, Thaksin's gone, now we need to get rid of PAD and military influence, or Thailand will still be a hostage for another decade when Aphisit is consumed by power.

Congrats to Abhisit for hanging in there during tough times, and not blowing his cool. It would have been easy for him to sic the generals on the rioters. Particularly because he (Abhisit) was personally attacked, not once, but twice, and some of his top aides were physically bloodied.

Congrats to the Army for acting professional and restrained - even in the face of danger from attacks. The army had the superior weapons, and would have been justified (in some peoples' perspectives) for shooting in self-defense - but they didn't.

Kudos to brave Bangkok residents who dynamically stood up for their neighborhoods - even going so far as to physically grapple with some of the hoods who would destroy properties and harm others near the residents' homes and businesses.

Kudos to the Yellow Shirts for not coming out to counter the Reds. There are pockets of maturity and self-discipline among Thais - it's just not always evident.

Congrats to Abhisit for hanging in there during tough times, and not blowing his cool. It would have been easy for him to sic the generals on the rioters. Particularly because he (Abhisit) was personally attacked, not once, but twice, and some of his top aides were physically bloodied.

Congrats to the Army for acting professional and restrained - even in the face of danger from attacks. The army had the superior weapons, and would have been justified (in some peoples' perspectives) for shooting in self-defense - but they didn't.

Kudos to brave Bangkok residents who dynamically stood up for their neighborhoods - even going so far as to physically grapple with some of the hoods who would destroy properties and harm others near the residents' homes and businesses.

Kudos to the Yellow Shirts for not coming out to counter the Reds. There are pockets of maturity and self-discipline among Thais - it's just not always evident.

Maybe one should also mention that the Royal Thai Police have once again shown that there is no job so important that they will do it, if there is no money to be made :o

/ Priceless

Maybe one should also mention that the Royal Thai Police have once again shown that there is no job so important that they will do it, if there is no money to be made :o

/ Priceless

I think this was always an unspoken truth, but do not be surprised now to see how may high ranks heads will be cut and the power will be taken away from them, just giving them the roads.

So be prepared for more extortion when you pulled over.

Funny though, through out this crisis, i hardly saw any cops on the streets nor i did not see any cops pulling or controlling any roads at all.

Once saw Italian guy causing some mayhem in the restaurant, cops were called(2 of them) and they stood there for over 2 hours doing nothing.

Once in Bangkok, about 6 years ago, saw 2 Russian guys going crazy, cops were called. I am not lying the 2 of them ended up bashing 10 cops, so they had to send about 30 to actually arrest them. Was actually pretty funny to see 2 drunken men smashing 10 police-never seen it in my life and i been through half of the world

It must be also said, the PM Abhiist has handled the situation so well!

Some may say too late, but look at the whole picture

-Reds were trying to show him off, where he managed to turn it around and gain respect and popularity from the Thai People as well as All International Community including the heads of states, further to that US has condemned the reds for their violent actions.

I think he will be remembered in Thai History and i am more then happy to see what changes he will bring to Thailand.

Hopefully less corruption especially within Police and in treatment of foreigners.

Without taking sides, PAD will never be removed as it is part of or sponsored by the army-so no chance.

But i think if there will be any demonstrations in the future, i would much prefer the PAD rather then the red, not because i support PAD, but only because they did not try to kill civilians and try to blow up the country. And i am sure would of had little more respect for the timing being Songran

In respect of Mighty Thaksin, well enough has been said already.But if he was as sincere as he claims to be, i think he would of been a hero if he was to say

-" That if he could return, he would donate 25% or 50% of the frozen money to the people"-

He would of had an enourmous support

On a personal note(this trick that he pulled, cost him a a lot more to sponsor and consequences still to come)

With out some violence nothing will change.

Something out of the archives

http://archive.timesonline.co.uk/tol/viewA...s-1973-10-16-01

Without violence things can change aswell:

1974 - The Carnation Revolution in Portugal.

1986 - The People Power (Yellow) Revolution in the Philippines, where the term people power was coined.

1989 - The Velvet Revolution - the bloodless revolution in Czechoslovakia leading to the downfall of the communist government there.

2003 - The Rose Revolution in Georgia, following the disputed Georgia legislative election, 2003, led to the overthrow of Eduard Shevardnadze and his replacement by Mikhail Saakashvili after new elections were held in March 2004. The Rose Revolution was supported by the civic resistance movement, Kmara.

2004 - The Orange Revolution in Ukraine, followed the disputed second round of the 2004 presidential election and led to the annulment of the result and the repeat of the round— the leader of the opposition Viktor Yushchenko was declared President, defeating Viktor Yanukovych. The Orange Revolution was supported by Pora.

If the Philippines can do it, the thais can do it as well

These examples were taking from Here

1986 - The People Power (Yellow) Revolution in the Philippines, where the term people power was coined.

1989 - The Velvet Revolution - the bloodless revolution in Czechoslovakia leading to the downfall of the communist government there.

2003 - The Rose Revolution in Georgia, following the disputed Georgia legislative election, 2003, led to the overthrow of Eduard Shevardnadze and his replacement by Mikhail Saakashvili after new elections were held in March 2004. The Rose Revolution was supported by the civic resistance movement, Kmara.

2004 - The Orange Revolution in Ukraine, followed the disputed second round of the 2004 presidential election and led to the annulment of the result and the repeat of the round— the leader of the opposition Viktor Yushchenko was declared President, defeating Viktor Yanukovych. The Orange Revolution was supported by Pora.

Well you are right of course peaceful is always better!

Thailand seems to have some pretty bad ass history though.

Well you are right of course peaceful is always better!

Thailand seems to have some pretty bad ass history though.

yup the thai military and police don't pussy foot about when it comes to threats to their grip on power

Hard to say, but there's people who wants to be in power all the time you know.

Dont think it's possible for any miracle to happen.

We can only hope.

I like to compare this fight as if t were a heavy weight fight.

We are only in the 3rd round now and the real damage is yet to come.

Both fighters are already hurt but as the economy falters more and more, the fighters will become more desperate.

The Yellows have their sponsor with all the money but the sponsor is getting on in age and could check out any time. When that happens the REAL fight will begin. There will be fighting in the streets and buildings burning.

The Reds do have their leader in exile. He says he will never return to power but that is absolute nonsense. He just wants to make his people desperate so they beg him. He will return and take over again in just one or two years.

Generals on the wrong side will be thrown out of the nation.

A new Napoleon will take over.

Thailand has no idea as to how to run a modern government. It really does not.

The fighter man in Yellow will suffer a knock out punch and go down for the count. The Red man will dance with joy.

No matter what happens you can be sure that Thais all will feel strong in saying their stereotypes about others.

Farangs are dirty

Farangs are mean

Farangs did this and that

Thailand has never been colonized HAAA HAAA (Japan)

Thais are polite and nice ( HAAAA HAAAA)

Thailand is what it is.

It is easy to live here. But--Thais do not give a rats about what farangs think.

They know they are idiots but they still are closed minded rednecks.

Money

Power

...now we need to get rid of PAD and military influence, or Thailand will still be a hostage for another decade when Aphisit is consumed by power.

Why get rid of PAD? Should Aphisit become dictatorial, you may thank PAD for its opposition.

Farangs are dirty

Farangs are mean

Farangs did this and that

Thailand has never been colonized HAAA HAAA (Japan)

Thais are polite and nice ( HAAAA HAAAA)

Thailand is what it is.

It is easy to live here. But--Thais do not give a rats about what farangs think.

They know they are idiots but they still are closed minded rednecks.

Money

Power

To say that Thailand has never been colonised is a delusion. Look around you and take note, what ethnic group really runs the country, its economy and much of its politics? You don't have to fight a battle to win a war!

Shame it wasn't the British.....

BTW madi. May we ask what made you into such a rabid xenophobe?

Samark got kicked out because of conflict of interest charges and somchai went the way of the PPP, all executive members of which were banned for 5 years.

Never forget that, after being found guilty in court, Samak then stood for re-nomination as PM, and was stabbed in the back by his own party, who voted for Thaksin's brother-in-law instead. On whose orders, or why, are good questions. One might speculate that once he had been made PM, he then felt less inclined to do his master's bidding, and this was the price he paid. Nothing to do with the military of the elite or unseen influences.

Funny though, through out this crisis, i hardly saw any cops on the streets nor i did not see any cops pulling or controlling any roads at all.

This is their normal strategy for dealing with Songran, no doubt they were out joining in the festival-fun, in their private capacities ? :o

...now we need to get rid of PAD and military influence, or Thailand will still be a hostage for another decade when Aphisit is consumed by power.

Why get rid of PAD? Should Aphisit become dictatorial, you may thank PAD for its opposition.

I beg your pardon? You think that if Abhisit becomes dictatorial PAD will oppose him? That's the way I read your sentence, but perhaps I misunderstand you. As far as I can see the PAD want a dictatorship. Of course they think they will get a dictator like Sarit, their hero, but I doubt there are any Sarit's around now. As long as the new dictator is seen as not harming the monarchy they'll be dancing in the streets (if the dictator allows it). :o

The trouble is, they're more likely to get a dictator like Thanom -- or, after he gets used to the office, like Phibun.

I beg your pardon? You think that if Abhisit becomes dictatorial PAD will oppose him? That's the way I read your sentence, but perhaps I misunderstand you. As far as I can see the PAD want a dictatorship. Of course they think they will get a dictator like Sarit, their hero, but I doubt there are any Sarit's around now. As long as the new dictator is seen as not harming the monarchy they'll be dancing in the streets (if the dictator allows it). :o

The trouble is, they're more likely to get a dictator like Thanom -- or, after he gets used to the office, like Phibun.

PAD (Peoples Alliance for Democracy) is a Democracy movement.

Not wanting any other PM other than from the Democrat isnt exactly a democracy.

Forcing the present government to resign, seizing Parliament, Government House, and mobbing the airport to 'pressure' the government to resign and quit isnt exactly democracy.

Maybe it's Democracy movement, but the method are similar to that of a 'forced' rule, or what we know as 'I want you out, regardless of what happens.'

:wai::o:D:D:D:D

I think really PAD is a synonym of democracy. You seem to forget how they want to keep the uneducated from voting and appoint a high percentage of cabinet from the cronie patch. (People against democracy)

Actually one might argue that in the long run many of those countries - Philippines, Ukraine, Georgia - are worse off now and practically hopeless.

Philippines is an obvious basket case, Ukraine hasn't had a working government for years, because the "winners" of their Orange revolution cannot divide the spoils, thieveing bastards as they are, and Georgians got themselves into a stupid war with Russia and got their asses handed to them.

Philippines and Georgia also had more than one people uprising, swinging from one side to another, just like Thailand.

Jeez, what is it with leaders these days, they are all either wusses or dictatorial despots.

:wai::o:D:D:D:D

I think really PAD is a synonym of democracy. You seem to forget how they want to keep the uneducated from voting and appoint a high percentage of cabinet from the cronie patch. (People against democracy)

Which is a propaganda lie from their enemies.

They discussed the idea to have 70 % elected in their profession.

At the moment we have proportional votes and we have always 3 elected in the area. So we have the same area based.

The idea was to have the same proportional but the other not area instead ELECTED within the profession: For example the ricefarmers ELECT 10 people out of them. The University Academics 3 people, The labor union x people.

that is neither undemocratic nor does it cut the poors rights. Unfortunately it does not bring much advantage so I think that idea is long forgotten already.