State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit should have changed the location

or conceeded some of the demands of the reds

or prevented in some other way without bloodshed.

he failed and embarrassed the nation.

where was plan B ? where was his foresight ?

He changed the location many times. All Pattaya proved about Abhisit is that he should have either crushed the red's occupation at the beginning, or he shouldn't have trusted in the reliability of Pattaya police who do have the reputation of lying on their backs for the highest bidder.

The actions of the reds over the past few days greatly overshadows anything from Pattaya. Embarrasing the nation is solely Thaksin and his reds' job. Abhisit is gaining face back for the nation by removing them more peacefully than any other government would.

***Edit***

Wow, levelhead is really desperate now, "Look at those evil troops! kicking someone who has been firing live rounds, firebombs, and using threats of mass casualties by exploding a gas truck at them all day! Get real. The reds don't know how lucky they are that this is Thailand, and Abhisit is in control. Anywhere else and they'd all be dead by now. dam_n troll...

Edited by Meridian007

Are you serious , or you are joking? Abhisit showed to the international world how to deal with a mad mob efficiently without causing numbers of dead people! Now the international world should learn from him how to deal in emergency situations. The Army under his rule showed a great professionalism which can't be disputed!

On the BBC did you see the solidier kick the red shirt (who was in handcuffs and being led away) in the head.

I think kicking someone in the head, who is in handcuffs and being taken off by two solidiers, by a unformed solidier breaks a few moral rules.

The Thai Army are showing their bad side to the world here. This is very bad for Thailand and is a shame and a stain.

Men in uniform are supposed to act with restraint, not kick already handcuffed people in the head.

Wake Up even in England the police hand out the odd kick and slap THIS IS THAILAND stop being so pompus and looking at this from the wrong end of your digestive system! :o

Are you serious , or you are joking? Abhisit showed to the international world how to deal with a mad mob efficiently without causing numbers of dead people! Now the international world should learn from him how to deal in emergency situations. The Army under his rule showed a great professionalism which can't be disputed!

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

That is going to haunt him forever.

I for one wont forget his tight lipped smile, and nervous reassurance.

who is going to take him seriously now ?

security was his responsibility not Newins,

newin is an ass kissing incompetent bungling fool

Both you and LH keep saying that it's a shame for thailand and abhisit for what happened in pattaya. Does that mean you both agree that the army should have put down the red protesters before they were able to influence the ASEAN? You can't call invading the ASEAN and victory and a shame, since to avoid the latter you cannot have the former. So which is it ?

I believe it was a shame for thailand, IMHO the reds should have been put down when they threatend to stop the summit.

Abhisit should have changed the location

or conceeded some of the demands of the reds

or prevented in some other way without bloodshed.

where was plan B ? where was his foresight ?

Honestly, do you have any idea the logistical nightmare it is the change a venue for a high level summit with 12 hours notice? It just can't be done, these things take months to plan and prepare.

why would he concede to the demands of a bunch of protesters ? Even if he did, you can't very well dissolve the government in the middle of a high level inter-governmental meeting you are hosting.

The reds attacked the ASEAN and the government did nothing, they did this to prevent blood shed.

The reds choose to attack the ASEAN summit, they forced the cancellation, they instigated the violence, this whole sistuation is of the UDD's choosing not of the government. The UDD wanted to shame abhisit which they succeded doing but they shamed them selves in the proccess. After you shamed abhisit, why did the UDD not stop? Was is because the government was tough on your leader by arresting him? isn't that what you wanted? a though acting government?

The UDD commentator talks about selective policing because the UDD leaders where arrested so quick and the PAD did not. PPP was incharge for a whole year 3 months of which government house was occupied, if anything they were soft, blame them for not prosecuting.

Abhisit handled too soft at the ASEAN but he learned quickly and gave into 1 of your demands, tough security measures and there has been no more shame on his government since.

On the BBC did you see the solidier kick the red shirt (who was in handcuffs and being led away) in the head.

I think kicking someone in the head, who is in handcuffs and being taken off by two solidiers, by a unformed solidier breaks a few moral rules.

The Thai Army are showing their bad side to the world here. This is very bad for Thailand and is a shame and a stain.

Men in uniform are supposed to act with restraint, not kick already handcuffed people in the head.

Wake Up even in England the police hand out the odd kick and slap THIS IS THAILAND stop being so pompus and looking at this from the wrong end of your digestive system! :o

I didnt see that. Im interested to know how a soldier might kick someone in the head who is being led away (walking), but have been some Muay Thai stuff.

Do you really think that Thaksins mob are a good example of human rights respecters? If you like the "reds" you might be happier in China! And the poor are so well off there under communism!

I didnt see that. Im interested to know how a soldier might kick someone in the head who is being led away (walking), but have been some Muay Thai stuff.

Do you really think that Thaksins mob are a good example of human rights respecters? If you like the "reds" you might be happier in China! And the poor are so well off there under communism! Its really good there coz nearly everyone is dirt poor

Bฺีut Reds can do as they wish? Run buses down the street with no driver...burn buildings...hijack gas tanker trucks ( Siam Gas) owned by.Toxins brother who has left the country...wooo hooo....and all the rest...but a woman is abused by a single solder and you have a heart attack....

Level I think you've lost the plot...

Bฺีut Reds can do as they wish? Run buses down the street with no driver...burn buildings...hijack gas tanker trucks ( Siam Gas) owned by.Toxins brother who has left the country...wooo hooo....and all the rest...but a woman is abused by a single solder and you have a heart attack....

Level I think you've lost the plot...

PS Solders are trained to kill not do police or social work.

Men in uniform are supposed to act with restraint, not kick already handcuffed people in the head

Wake Up even in England the police hand out the odd kick and slap THIS IS THAILAND stop being so pompus and looking and talkig about this from the wrong end of your digestive system! :o

From BBC

At the flashpoint, with their numbers swelled by the arrival of more demonstrators, the confrontation began again - but this time, the rules suddenly changed.

A bus blocking the road was set on fire and a water-cannon was used by soldiers to put out the blaze.

As the troops swarmed forward, another bus was reversed towards them and this was the final provocation - the soldiers opened fire.

Automatic gunfire was aimed at the crowd as they fled - tourists from a nearby hotel watched as bullets were sprayed down the road.

One soldier, apparently a senior officer, stood upright and fired his pistol, as another crouched and aimed at waist level and used an entire magazine of live ammunition - and he was clearly not firing above their heads.

As the troops went in pursuit, another bus was driven at army lines behind their position on another front - it smashed into the barrier on a flyover, almost careering on to the carriageway below.

The military again pushed forward, again firing live rounds, but this time into the air.

An overhead power cable split by a bullet fizzed and sparked to the ground as petrol bombs and bottles rained down on the troops. Aggressively they chased the red-shirts down the road, firing as they went, to Victory Monument - a main roundabout in the city.

Tempers then calmed as both sides stopped to re-group and drink the supplies of water scattered about for the demonstrations.

Gradually they began to taunt each other across the square before the confrontation petered out.

An elderly man was treated for a nasty head injury - a number of people are believed to have been hurt, some seriously.

Go and see for yourself the BBC video on Youtube. It clearly shows the senior officer firing his handgun directly at the protesters. So I guess the handgun is also filled with blanks is it?

Here's the Thaksin BBC Interview. Wish it was a bit more on a Hardtalk level, but entirely unconvincing all the same.

Wow, amazing video.

He's finished. Strangely enough, I feel urges of sympathy for the man, more like he's lost his mind, and completely lost his game. Like it's dementia or some state of mental dementia.

He tells the reds he was only offering moral support..... I can see many unhappy reds in the future when they see this. He can't even fess up to his true intentions.

If I were him, I'd buy a nice house with a balcony, a rocking chair, subscribe to the daily paper and a big bag of green. He's way out of the game. Looks like he knows it, too.

Lots of passionate people, including reds postimg on this forum; posting cause they care.

I see many posters here care a great deal for Thailand, in may different ways. Gnight

Right now some army guy talks on phone to TTV - he says “some people died, but not because soldiers shot them - it was some “third party”, some local people at Ding Daeng who organised and tried to repell Reds ”

Well, let me guess - were those “local people” wearing Blue by chance “? and perhaps balacklavas too, as those in Pattaya ? :o

this is pathetic! finally they admit under pressure from reporters that SOME died - but keep insisting that it was not because soldiers shot them.

Sansern keeps insisting that NO ANY Reds died.

and the taxi was also riddled by blank bullets

according to witnesses (runaways who made it to main stage at GH to tell what they saw) - this taxi driver actually was trying to reach the 4 old women who were stuck in cross fire. soldiers started to shoot his car. you saw the video.

so, this guy is DEAD ! this is from people who WERE there.

government though continues their BS “nobody killed”.

And cyber warriors here start their sanctimonious preachings.

From BBC
At the flashpoint, with their numbers swelled by the arrival of more demonstrators, the confrontation began again - but this time, the rules suddenly changed.

A bus blocking the road was set on fire and a water-cannon was used by soldiers to put out the blaze.

As the troops swarmed forward, another bus was reversed towards them and this was the final provocation - the soldiers opened fire.

Automatic gunfire was aimed at the crowd as they fled - tourists from a nearby hotel watched as bullets were sprayed down the road.

One soldier, apparently a senior officer, stood upright and fired his pistol, as another crouched and aimed at waist level and used an entire magazine of live ammunition - and he was clearly not firing above their heads.

As the troops went in pursuit, another bus was driven at army lines behind their position on another front - it smashed into the barrier on a flyover, almost careering on to the carriageway below.

The military again pushed forward, again firing live rounds, but this time into the air.

An overhead power cable split by a bullet fizzed and sparked to the ground as petrol bombs and bottles rained down on the troops. Aggressively they chased the red-shirts down the road, firing as they went, to Victory Monument - a main roundabout in the city.

Tempers then calmed as both sides stopped to re-group and drink the supplies of water scattered about for the demonstrations.

Gradually they began to taunt each other across the square before the confrontation petered out.

An elderly man was treated for a nasty head injury - a number of people are believed to have been hurt, some seriously.

Go and see for yourself the BBC video on Youtube. It clearly shows the senior officer firing his handgun directly at the protesters. So I guess the handgun is also filled with blanks is it?

If I had a handgun full of blanks I would fire it at them and you can assume nothing unless you are the policeman in question or a person shot by that policeman. Assumptions mean nothing maybe had bullets ,maybe had blanks u dont know so stop guessing.

The buck stops with the boss.

Abhisit guarenteed that the ASEAN summit could go ahead fine with no trouble and it was a test of his control.

He was PM, he takes the fall for the failure.

Simple as that in the high flying world of politicians.

Honestly, do you have any idea the logistical nightmare it is the change a venue for a high level summit with 12 hours notice? It just can't be done, these things take months to plan and prepare.

just on this point... he did have months to prepare.

any body who knows anything would have known the reds would emulate the yellows tactics.

ASEAN summit was the perfect time and place, reds thought so, why didnt Abhisit anticipate it ?

good leaders are not reactionary, they anticipate and have plan B

this could and should have been anticipated, and prevented. Abhisit didnt have plan B, he had nothing, except his.... 'assurances'

Thaksin just completed an interview on AJE. What an embarrassment.

Q. You said you would return to Thailand if there was a violent revolt? Are you going to Thailand?

A. I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking about it. My supporters are concerned for my safety and security.

He says he did not incite the red shirts to be violent, and that they are mostly unarmed women. He said the red shirts have blood on their hands.

He was stuttering and nearly incoherent, often losing his train of thought.

I'm sure you watched it LH - a nice fearless leader you have there. :o

From BBC

If I had a handgun full of blanks I would fire it at them and you can assume nothing unless you are the policeman in question or a person shot by that policeman. Assumptions mean nothing maybe had bullets ,maybe had blanks u dont know so stop guessing.

Where in the article which I highlighted in BOLD for your benefit did you not see the following words printed by BBC : as another crouched and aimed at waist level and used an entire magazine of live ammunition.

So now its either the BBC reporter is lying or the wonderful, human rights obeying and non-corrupt army of Thailand that is lying. Take your pick. It is not a matter of whether I or you are the ones lying, since we all still depends on news to get information.

While letting the situation got out of control in Pattaya has damaged Abhisit's reputation, he has proven himself beyond any doubt by dealing with far deadlier Bangkok revolt.

Right now it's the security guys in charge of protecting that meeting who face disgraceful exit.

I guess we are for some more stories of sympathy about police being treated unfairly in a few months time.

Abhisit guarenteed that the ASEAN summit could go ahead fine with no trouble and it was a test of his control.

No its not that simple. His in the position he been dreaming of for years. The position that in his own head should have had in 2001. His not going to let go of this position for a long long time.

Some of the soldiers shoot straight at the protesters while others shoot up the sky. How would we know which soldiers have blanks, which have real ammunition or whether no soldier had real ammunition/blanks in the first place? The official story is very shaky now.

I think he should stop making "guarantees" for something he can't guarantee. Simple as that. He should have left the summit where it was initially planned, in Phuket. Some (pro-Abhisit people, of course) suggested he moved it to Pattaya to lay a trap for the red shirts. Well, what an amazing plan, endangering dozens of heads of state and foreign government officials on purpose?

In whatever way you look at it, he is a failure of a PM. He has done nothing in his months in office except talk on CNN about how handsome he is, pick up a Newcastle shirt with his name on it and appoint several PAD leaders to government positions.

And now he's wondering why people want him out of office? This guy is a joke!

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

That is going to haunt him forever.

And then the inability to prevent all the violence in Pattaya by not reigning in the Blue shirts, and then the inability to stop the violence in Bangkok, then giving orders for the Military to use excessive force.

A whole comedy of errors that he will have to face, should be be PM at the next government meeting. If he has an ounce of good in him he would resign once the SOE is lifted. He can say he managed it and its over, and then resign as he is accountable for so many bad things that have happened, as he is the PM of the country.

stop embarrassing yourself level head, its over

Abhisist will be PM for a long time yet

thaksin will lose his money and eventually his life, for this treason

he is in the political wilderness now with no road map to get out.

even now somewhere in Thailand, shadowy figures in dark smoky rooms are plotting his demise

you can count on it