Tanks Mobilised In Bangkok

george

did you see the way the thai secret service (??) allowed the protesters to attack abhisits limo? could you imagine how many ppl would have been mowed down by submachine guns if that happened to say, Obama? this is wildness.. heads will roll as soon as they thais figure out who's head is in charge of what.

q

That's the difference between democratically elected and mob-elected.

It is not wildness, but deep in every Thais' heart, they know that current government is not legitimate, and it is worsen when they don't do anything concerning airport closure case.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off-topic posts as well as inflammatory posts and their responses have been deleted. If you cannot keep it civil you will find your posting rights restricted.

<Rude comments snipped>

don't erase this post , i made a screen capture ! <rudeness snipped again>!

:o:D:D:D:D:wai:

Not even funny. I am all for a challenge here and there but that is just plain rude.

did you see the way the thai secret service (??) allowed the protesters to attack abhisits limo? could you imagine how many ppl would have been mowed down by submachine guns if that happened to say, Obama? this is wildness.. heads will roll as soon as they thais figure out who's head is in charge of what.

q

It is not wildness, but deep in every Thais' heart, they know that current government is not legitimate, and it is worsen when they don't do anything concerning airport closure case.

once and for all. THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS LEGITIMATE.

Abhisit and the democrat party came second after the PPP which came first only because THEY BOUGHT VOTES.

the PPP has been disbanded and disqualified , so its LEGITIMATE that the democrats take over.

if the PPP didn't buy votes the democrats would have been elected anyway .

so once and for all THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS LEGITIMATE. that's a fact !

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things. I have read your vitriol over the past few days about the ineptitude of everyone in this Country from the PM, army, police, farmers etc. In most countries this would have turned into a blood bath by now. Thank god for their "ineptitude". This is a day at the fair compared to your football hooligans every weekend back home. Thank god for the Thais and their culture which is what brought you all here in the first place. I dont imagine any of you packing your bags in a hurry to go find a better place to live. This country will never "go to the dogs" because people like most of you will keep coming here to live out your last sad old days as exchange rate studs. Some posters have called this country "a joke". Correction. The US administration and banking system is a joke. Other jokes included, Canada, Greenland, bolivia, Australia, Cambodia, Italy (Berlusconi/Taksin) Mexico and i have not even touched the middle east need i go on? Nothing would join the red and yellow shirts quicker than for them both to read the spit and scorn in these forums. Nothing joins two foes better than a common enemy. And yes you are right, When we turn nasty we will turn real nasty. Lets hope they are not looking at you. If you all have such disdain for this country's people and their ways then you know where the door is.

For the record. I was on one of those APV's this afternoon. The young soldiers did not want to fight their own people. We pulled them out and they were happy to join us. I am actually in some of the fotos posted above. None of the people i was talking to were getting paid. They were mums, dads, sisters, brothers, grandmothers and all they want is another election and they all said they will accept the outcome. A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. Maybe if the American people spoke louder in 2004 the world would not be the joke it is today. BUt they would have been teargassed and shot down by swat and branded for life as terrorists on the efficient CIA, NSA, FBI etc computer network. So which is the better Country to live in?

excuse me oh great one, but when this is over, Abbasit has to step down, its like reading a book, i have read too many times before, we are laughing at we no what comes next, we all no about the corruption here, and the rich in charge, its a merry go round that will never stop, and as said before in posts, when the yellow shirts were rioting, we know the police and the army do not work for any goverment in charge, and therefore in a time of crisis, will not support any goverment of thailand, that's the joke!

the Asean meeting was very important for Thailands future, in the current world crisis...yes caused by greedy banks world wide, not just in the west.

Good Thai people who just want to work and have a happy life and family, are draged down by these rich eogotistic Thais paying the uneducated to riot, so sad for Thailand, and the wonderfull good thais, so sad.

Last year the army and police refused to do anything much about the PAD protesters when they took over the airport. Lots of people concluded then that the police and army must be in cahoots with PAD. Now we are in a situation where the police and army take little or no action against UDD protesters, whether in Pattaya or Bangkok. Hence, some seem to conclude, the army and police must be in cahoots with the red shirts. This seems inconsistent to me. Obviously, individuals will have their different loyalties, but somebody ordered that the police at the Asean venue in Pattaya would be unarmed. Not even any tear gas issued to them. Somebody also ordered that no blood would be spilt at the airport last year, in spite of the huge damage that it did to Thailand. I am getting the feeling that there is a power behind the scenes here who is sincerely doing his best to make sure that the police and army don't start any mass killing of Thai demonstrators again, no matter where their allegiance lies. I'm sure you know who I mean.

Never mind going all the way back to the 'Black' days. Last year, there was a sad at government house, in which one PAD supporter was killed. Let's remember that these are people we are talking about, whatever colour shirt they wear, and they have family who love them and depend on them. This is his daughter at the funeral. So sad.

post-51556-1239547090_thumb.jpg

Last year the army and police refused to do anything much about the PAD protesters when they took over the airport. Lots of people concluded then that the police and army must be in cahoots with PAD. Now we are in a situation where the police and army take little or no action against UDD protesters, whether in Pattaya or Bangkok. Hence, some seem to conclude, the army and police must be in cahoots with the red shirts. This seems inconsistent to me. Obviously, individuals will have their different loyalties, but somebody ordered that the police at the Asean venue in Pattaya would be unarmed. Not even any tear gas issued to them. Somebody also ordered that no blood would be spilt at the airport last year, in spite of the huge damage that it did to Thailand. I am getting the feeling that there is a power behind the scenes here who is sincerely doing his best to make sure that the police and army don't start any mass killing of Thai demonstrators again, no matter where their allegiance lies. I'm sure you know who I mean.

Never mind going all the way back to the 'Black' days. Last year, there was a sad at government house, in which one PAD supporter was killed. Let's remember that these are people we are talking about, whatever colour shirt they wear, and they have family who love them and depend on them. This is his daughter at the funeral. So sad.

Thats a very fair point actually.

And the the picture of Che?

Someone called Guderain in a thread about tanks. Hey man surely we should be discussing movement and manouver and blitzkreig

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things. I have read your vitriol over the past few days about the ineptitude of everyone in this Country from the PM, army, police, farmers etc. In most countries this would have turned into a blood bath by now. Thank god for their "ineptitude". This is a day at the fair compared to your football hooligans every weekend back home. Thank god for the Thais and their culture which is what brought you all here in the first place. I dont imagine any of you packing your bags in a hurry to go find a better place to live. This country will never "go to the dogs" because people like most of you will keep coming here to live out your last sad old days as exchange rate studs. Some posters have called this country "a joke". Correction. The US administration and banking system is a joke. Other jokes included, Canada, Greenland, bolivia, Australia, Cambodia, Italy (Berlusconi/Taksin) Mexico and i have not even touched the middle east need i go on? Nothing would join the red and yellow shirts quicker than for them both to read the spit and scorn in these forums. Nothing joins two foes better than a common enemy. And yes you are right, When we turn nasty we will turn real nasty. Lets hope they are not looking at you. If you all have such disdain for this country's people and their ways then you know where the door is.

For the record. I was on one of those APV's this afternoon. The young soldiers did not want to fight their own people. We pulled them out and they were happy to join us. I am actually in some of the fotos posted above. None of the people i was talking to were getting paid. They were mums, dads, sisters, brothers, grandmothers and all they want is another election and they all said they will accept the outcome. A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. Maybe if the American people spoke louder in 2004 the world would not be the joke it is today. BUt they would have been teargassed and shot down by swat and branded for life as terrorists on the efficient CIA, NSA, FBI etc computer network. So which is the better Country to live in?

You are right, Thailand is still better :o

The press would call that a tank because they don't know any better but it is just an apc (armored personnel carrier). I wonder what natioanlity. Is that a possibly a turrentless Scorpion APC? I think so. Well, they seem to be having fun, I guess. I always think of Thai coups as sort of coup light, the light beer of coups. It is not fun but could be a whole lot worst. Sooner or later, the King will come out and tell all the naughty children to get back in their corners. It usually comes down to that.

The APC's depicted are type 85 APC's built by NORINCO china north industries co. also known as the YW 538/ZSD89 Tracked armoured personnel carriers. As for Tanks proper the RTA is the only operator of Stingray light tanks and also has M48 and M60 tanks plus some Chinese type 69 and some M41's and Scorpion FV101's (although I believe they replaced the Jaguar 4.2 engines with diesel.

regards

Freddie

Someone called Guderain in a thread about tanks. Hey man surely we should be discussing movement and manouver and blitzkreig

Not at all, we should be discussing "Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!", and thats what they need to do with these red shirts !!

regards

Freddie

SKy News is constantly rporting that Thaksin is calling for a revolution in Thailand. No arguments about which side is right or wrong but this is treason.

Lord Haha used to broadcast the same message to the UK from Germany. He was charged with Treason and executed. What will happen to Thaksin?

Crazy .

I finally watched the BBC news. I was disgusted by the behavior I saw. I saw red shirted individuals venting anger and violent aggression toward, what appeared to be, the car of The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand. There was also a male with a shaved head, and orange robe depicting the appearance of a Buddhist monk, punching, kicking and also showing extreme aggression. These sights appalled me. I believe all Thai people will be branded as violent, aggressive, destructive, and lawless people who have no regard for civility or the position of their own Prime minister. There appeared absolutely no respect for this office or status. Another disgusting sight was how Thai police – dressing the part – i.e. crash helmets, shields, batons, merely stood idly by and watched these individuals. What do police in the Kingdom of Thailand do? Are there any laws which might be enforced? I dare not ask if there are any consequences for mis-behavior. I think I already know that answer. I feel sorry for the decent, law abiding, moral Thai people who will bear the scars of contempt by the "free world" as a result of their countrymen and the establishment(s) which are apparently self serving. I also feel sorry for all the devout Buddhists whose religion might be regarded differently as a result of seeing a monk display such behavior. Shame.

It's a pity that the demonstration has gone so far.

Yes, I agree with you, so sorry to see peaceful Buddhism being depicted as violent.

And people in World will think that Thais are violent too.

However, my experience staying Thailand for 1 year plus proofs Thais are nice people, but again, politic is always dirty.

A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. You are right, Thailand is still better :o

I live in central Thailand, (Singburi. Maybe Lopburi is different as they have a massive army base) and the people here are above all this. They dont wear coloured shirts and at the bar this evening not one Thai even mentioned the emergency....

The backbone of the country is intact....thank goodness (and common sense)

Just watching it on the BBC in the UK. They are not tanks that have been taken they are Armoured personel carriers. The soldiers in them were laughing and smiling with the Reds.

They have also taken at least one tank, most probably two, plus some armored vehicles. Anyhow the army should be very careful if people get killed they will be vilified. Precisely because of that the police will never ever interfere anymore. When they took rightful action on the yellow shirts they were accused of using extreme violence, which they did not, at least not for Thai standards.

The red shirts have been giving the army food as seen on Thai TV, not in my imagination. THey do not want to fight each other. The majority of the army and police sympathise with the red shirts. Fact.

Wrong. The majority of the police sympathise, the majority of the armed forces do not.

Edited by SpoliaOpima

SKy News is constantly rporting that Thaksin is calling for a revolution in Thailand. No arguments about which side is right or wrong but this is treason.

Lord Haha used to broadcast the same message to the UK from Germany. He was charged with Treason and executed. What will happen to Thaksin?

He's beginning to resemble Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. I imagine him sitting with his head in his hands murmurring 'The horror, the horror,' as his headhunters do his bidding.

A lot of them don't even like Taksin. They were a people trying to have their say. You are right, Thailand is still better :o

I live in central Thailand, (Singburi. Maybe Lopburi is different as they have a massive army base) and the people here are above all this. They dont wear coloured shirts and at the bar this evening not one Thai even mentioned the emergency....

The backbone of the country is intact....thank goodness (and common sense)

Maybe thats part of the problem. I live in bang Phli and its totally normal here too. The vast majority of the Thai people are just sad about this whole thing.....or havnt seen the news yet so dont even know about it.

Perhaps its time for all the normal people to get out and start stripping coloured shirts off the tiny minority of paid troublemakers.

regards

Freddie

q

Abhisit and the democrat party came second after the PPP which came first only because THEY BOUGHT VOTES.

the PPP has been disbanded and disqualified , so its LEGITIMATE that the democrats take over.

If Abhisit is a real hero, then he should admit that the airport closure is a crime and he must do something against the perpetrators.

If it is true that democrats got the second after PPP, why they don't want to schedule a new election within near future?

I don't know about the result on Dec 2007 election, but I heard something about coalition after Somchai was turned down.

I work away a lot, this is the second time in 12 months that I am calling my wife from overseas to tell her to go up country in case things go bad (like last time when they were threatening to turn off the power).

This is miserable, pathetic and an international embarassment.

Do I know the answer? No. I just know that this seems to come around all too often in Thailand.

Hi

Perhaps, someone can give an accurate answer to this question? (lets put aside the red vs yellow,politics on this.).

Who/What (is it the Police or Army) in normal conditions is responsible for Security & "Bodyguard" of the Prime Minister

(regardless of who is PM) in Thailand?

As we all seen on TV, a few days ago, thugs there a motorbike under the front of the PMs vehicle

in Pattaya, just where 2nd Rd intersects with Pattaya Tai, (there is also a permanent Police Box at this corner).

Obviously the PM was coming from Hotel where summit was held, & the Security Forces aware of potential unrest.

Yet, a group of thugs, manage to stop the PMs Motor transport, & slow it down to ditch a motorbike under front

of PMs transport, which then was mobbed, & about 40% of the thugs I saw on TV were middle age women.

2 uniformed cops in a panic, & at back of passenger side of PMs motor, a 3rd plain clothes guy, who looked

like the PMs "Security/Bodyguard" detail.

The mob, who were not overly violent, surrounded vehicle, & (I think on TV I noticed it was a female,

who did this, not sure if male or female.), one of mob is able to get past PMs "Security/Bodyguard" detail

& open passenger side front door of PM vehicle. (Ok, some "Security/Bodyguard" tactics, involve not having

doors locked, however I am not sure if that would apply to the Exact Vehicle, the "Principle" who is to

be bodyguard is in. The goal normally is to get the Protected Person (PM, Billionaire, Rock Star etc) out of

danger zone fast.).

I wonder in general too, if a the USA President whose Secret Service are very hands on in his protection,

if a US President was in the Royal Cliff, when mobbed, what would have happened?

In Ireland, where unless its the Emergency Response Unit of our police " An Garda" or a plain clothes police,

who are armed with guns, all other Uniformed Police in Ireland only have a baton, & only recently (not sure if

they are carrying CS Gas yet), has cops considered letting unarmed uniformed Gardai (police) have alternative

protective weapon aside from Baton. And we are not a country, where culture of Law Enforcement is pro Gun.

However, No way would would our PM (Taoiseach) motorcade get stopped like this Pattaya incident, where trouble

was expected, & I speculate most countries leaders PMs/Presidents depending on Law/Policing, more than likely

it would be potentially lethal for a mob if they attempted such an action.

The fact, the PMs transporter could be stopped so easy & a door opened, is an extremely serious situation,

if you looked on the "bigger picture".

This incident, sound not have happened. (regardless of the politics behind it.).

Sadly, it appears that Al Jazera is confirming Thaksin's call for government

overthrow. :o

Al Jazeera reports Thaksin call for violent overthrow

I am pretty confident that Thaksin will not suffer the same fate as Lord Haha.

It looks like very dark days are ahead for the Thai people. It all seems so unnecessary.

Edited by royfeldman

Wrong. If this is a democracy (they keep telling us it is!!) then any fraudulent activity in an election would result in a re-election.

This government is NOT legitimate. The previous government was NOT legitimate!

Edited by CockneyGit

Wrong. If this is a democracy (they keep telling us it is!!) then any fraudulent activity in an election would result in a re-election.

This government is NOT legitimate. The previous government was NOT legitimate!

Huh? Please tell me where that rule is that fraudulent activitity on one point invalidates an entire election.

If anyone wants to cut the emotive stuff, all the recent governments were legitimate as all the PMs received a majority in parliamnet, but dont let facts get in the way of anything.Samak, Somchai, Abhisit were all legally and legitmaitaley elected PM

On BBC worldnews, defiantly full sized tanks, with red shirts doing vioctory dances on them with wood and steal bars in their hands. The Army guys had big smiles, welcome to LOS !!!! :o

Looks like it will be a new difinition of 'low season' this year. A real shame for the silent majority.

Always knew they should have been colonised by the Brits and had some common sense and honesty knocked into them. You don;t get this sort of carry on in Singapore now do you?

Nothing bad going on in Burma, Afghanistan, Iraq or Zimbabwe either. I like the cut of your logic.

No, in those countries if you revolt, you get shot. Much more effective than this silliness in Thailand.

I'm very confused. What is the army supposed to be doing, celebrating with the reds?

I counted about 20 reds in the picture above.

Just came back from Cowboy where celebrations have been going on all day like nothing is happening.

About 20-30 guys all wearing orange, easily mistaken for red t-shirts came strolling in about 1 hour ago and raised a few eybrows.

Real intellegent thing to be doing when this is going on.

Some gas/oil comapny outing by the looks of it organised by some halfwit. And they say the Thais are stupid.

By the looks of it those tanks are under strict orders and were obviously told in no way should they

do anything to provoke people.

Like run over their toes or replacing water jets with tank shells and shouting Sawdee Pe Mai you red devils.

Most of you seem to have a problem with the way the Thais go about things. I have read your vitriol over the past few days about the ineptitude of everyone in this Country from the PM, army, police, farmers etc. In most countries this would have turned into a blood bath by now. Thank god for their "ineptitude". This is a day at the fair compared to your football hooligans every weekend back home. Thank god for the Thais and their culture which is what brought you all here in the first place. I dont imagine any of you packing your bags in a hurry to go find a better place to live. This country will never "go to the dogs" because people like most of you will keep coming here to live out your last sad old days as exchange rate studs. Some posters have called this country "a joke". Correction. The US administration and banking system is a joke. ......

Here here, I want to buy Asean a drink, the sort of person I want to share a meal with, insightful, honest, and with a knack for describing people for what they really are. The phrase "exchange rate studs" will be immediately incorporated into my vocabulary as further ammunition against the neo-sahib mentality that is dominant on these boards.

Oh dear, who started the Brit bashing..............I thought that this might happen!

To the guy that exclaims about the AIG shirt, so they are a Manchester United sponsor, MUFC wear red at home, others are wearing red shirts, starting to make any sense in that 'very small' brain yet??? (we all can only assume that you thought of AIS and the Thaksin connection??) come on guys, think for gods sake. otherwise you are sad to say the least!