Can Bangkok Bank Initiate Transfer From Us Acct?

I asked my bank if they could wire transfer money to Bangkok Bank and this was their reply:

Unfortunately, we do not offer electronic transfers. However, we will accept the transfer if your Bank in Bangkok will initiate the transfer.

Does anyone know if Bangkok Bank can initiate a transfer to a local account from an account in the US?

I would make sure you and your bank are reading the same playbook as my reading of your Bank sentence could be that they will accept the funds if a Bangkok bank sends them to you. :D

I think if you saw the question I asked them you'd realize that they were talking about the money going to the Bangkok account, but I will ask them again. I should have included my question in the post. :o

I asked the bank again and here's their reply:

Unfortunately we are not able to wire transfer funds internationally. The two ways you would be able to accomplish the transfer would be to have your bank setup as a payee through bill pay or you other bank could electronically withdrawal the funds. With the withdrawal you would give them our routing number and your account number.

I asked the bank again and here's their reply:
Unfortunately we are not able to wire transfer funds internationally. The two ways you would be able to accomplish the transfer would be to have your bank setup as a payee through bill pay or you other bank could electronically withdrawal the funds. With the withdrawal you would give them our routing number and your account number.

Seems weird that your bank doesn't offer wire services. Check out the other banks at where you're at or a Western Union office/agent.

No problem for Bangkok Bank to receive the funds in, although they will charge you a service fee (0.25% of the funds, min 200 max 500 THB).

Check out: http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Pe...ds+transfer.htm

The sending bank typically charges $25-30 for their services. All you need is the Swift-code (BKKBTHBK) and the name/account number of the recipient...and, oh yeah - the moola...

I see you're in Saipan, couldn't find a list of banks there but according to this link there are several Asian and US banks in the Northern Mariana Islands, so you should be OK:

http://www.planetholiday.com/Travel_Guide/...lands.asp#money

/// dfw

The bank I'm using is the Bank of the Internet. I too am surprised that they don't do wire transfers. Otherwise, a great bank. No fees. 2% interest on checking. No charge for using other bank's ATM's. Reimbursement of up to $8 a month for ATM fees charged by other banks. Quick and easy on-line banking. Free bill payment service.

I was hoping to avoid opening an account here on Saipan at one of the many banks. They all charge monthly fees and pay no interest on checking.

But, as you point out, it may be the only solution for me.

Thanks for your help.