110 - 250 Volt Dvd Player Bought In Thailand

Doctor John

100/110 won't make a difference.

Japan is 50Hz in one half and 60Hz in the other. That probably won't make a difference either.

However, Japan is DVD Region 2 and Thailand Region 3. Did you manage to get a region-free player?

It is ~110V ~ 250V 50Hz/60Hz, the VCDs and DVDs where all purchased in Thailand, did you use a 110V player yourself there?

I am only asking cos it is cheaper to buy a new player in Thailand than a step up transformer in japan. :o

100/110 won't make a difference.

Japan is 50Hz in one half and 60Hz in the other. That probably won't make a difference either.

However, Japan is DVD Region 2 and Thailand Region 3. Did you manage to get a region-free player?

It is ~110V ~ 250V 50Hz/60Hz, the VCDs and DVDs where all purchased in Thailand, did you use a 110V player yourself there?

I am only asking cos it is cheaper to buy a new player in Thailand than a step up transformer in japan. :o

Other way 'round. I bought some 100 volt stuff that I used on 120 here on Saipan.

I'm sure the DVD player will work. Most modern electronic equipment has switching power supplies that can easily adjust to a wide range of voltages. Your machine would probably work fine on 90 to 240.

But, what about DVD's that you buy in Japan? Or, do you already have enough for the rest of your life :D

Doctor John - There is another technical question you should check, to insure you'll be able to view said movies properly, on a Japanese TV set.

Thailand utilizes the PAL broadcast standard (VHF 25 frames/625 lines) while Japan uses NTSC (VHF/UHF 30 frames/525 lines).

DVDs have to match the television standard in order to have proper color display. If a TV is PAL only, it will display NTSC pictures in black and white, and vice versa.

This problem can usually be solved by adjusting the DVD player to match the system or changing the default system to auto so that it will switch to the right system automatically. Most DVD player have the capability to switch between the two standards. Check your DVD player owner's manual or manufacturers website for details.

have a great trip. :o

Doctor John - There is another technical question you should check, to insure you'll be able to view said movies properly, on a Japanese TV set.

Thailand utilizes the PAL broadcast standard (VHF 25 frames/625 lines) while Japan uses NTSC (VHF/UHF 30 frames/525 lines).

DVDs have to match the television standard in order to have proper color display. If a TV is PAL only, it will display NTSC pictures in black and white, and vice versa.

This problem can usually be solved by adjusting the DVD player to match the system or changing the default system to auto so that it will switch to the right system automatically. Most DVD player have the capability to switch between the two standards.  Check your DVD player owner's manual or manufacturers website for details.

Thanks,

The DVD player is multi system, Pal and NTSC. It was the voltage that was my main concern, anyway I will know tomorrow night, and if the worse comes to the worse, I will buy a step up transformer .

Looking on websites most people say 110 is ok in japan, I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience themselves.

Cheers. :D

This problem can usually be solved by adjusting the DVD player to match the system or changing the default system to auto so that it will switch to the right system automatically. Most DVD player have the capability to switch between the two standards.  Check your DVD player owner's manual or manufacturers website for details.

Thanks,

The DVD player is multi system, Pal and NTSC. It was the voltage that was my main concern, anyway I will know tomorrow night, and if the worse comes to the worse, I will buy a step up transformer .

Looking on websites most people say 110 is ok in japan, I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience themselves.

Cheers. :D

110 works fine I used one a year or so ago for 3months!