Who Thinks Thaksin Is Coming Back

wasabi

Thaksin coming back?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a good chance that he may come back, eventually. But that's not going to happen until he is absolutely sure his ass is not on the line, so I don't think it will be happening for some time, maybe years. The man is full of rhetoric and no action.

Sorry, none of your options suited my reply.

He will receive a royal pardon and then return.

He won't become Prime Minister again but he will be allowed to return a free man and receive most of his cash back.

I think that this will be a solution to the current troubles. Give him back his billions and he won't be getting the Red Shirts to riot anymore. He is not doing it for the people he is doing it for his freedom and cash!! IMHO......:o

Thaksin will come back to lead the country. Then, he will buy out this website and put me in charge. Can't wait to start banning people.

thaksin is trying to lead the country now

look what a mess he has made already

they should use his seized 76 billion to pay for the damage his employees have caused

I think there's a good chance that he may come back, eventually. But that's not going to happen until he is absolutely sure his ass is not on the line, so I don't think it will be happening for some time, maybe years. The man is full of rhetoric and no action.

Mine either

Mine either

what about my suggested option number 4?

he will return to Thailand in a box

BBC NEWS: 19.00

BBC ANCHOR: Mr Thaksin, have you given to the protestors?

Thaksin: No

Me thinks you are telling porkies mate.

Dukkha

No mention on the BBC, or statement that he IS a convicted criminal and broke bail.

Thaksin live pictures, very professional from an "unknown" place with Thai flag in backdrop. While in later broadcast only a telephone interview with Current PM - Balanced I think NOT.

I stay at Victory Monument and I am a prisoner in my condo due to the reds.

BT

Thaksin will come back to lead the country. Then, he will buy out this website and put me in charge. Can't wait to start banning people.

The more I read from you, the more I wish Toxin stays where he is ! And I believe he won't return on his free will ! He will be brought back sooner or later and will face justice

The wife absolutely hated Thaksin a few months ago but today she surprised me by saying "There was never this much trouble when Thaksin was in power. He was strong and Abhisit is weak. Maybe he needs to come back to save the country".

She seems to have forgotten that she hated him for being corrupt and all the other things he did.

I can't believe such a turn around. I wonder how many other Thais feel the same way.

I'd like to see him come back and face justice, but somehow I think he is smarter than that, the only he will set foot back here is with an extradition order....

It's a tricky subject. He knows all to well the crimes of those who he worked with and against in the past. Both politicians and "higher" orders of persons. I doubt he'll see a trial as he's shown he has no qualms about turning on those he's previously made deals with.

The wife absolutely hated Thaksin a few months ago but today she surprised me by saying "There was never this much trouble when Thaksin was in power. He was strong and Abhisit is weak. Maybe he needs to come back to save the country".

She seems to have forgotten that she hated him for being corrupt and all the other things he did.

I can't believe such a turn around. I wonder how many other Thais feel the same way.

I am not Thai, but I also was not overkeen on Thaksin a few Months back, then someone pointed out to me that did do some good for Thailand ie - Airport, Sky Train, Card for Hospital & Medical treatment, Houses for poor people.

What exactly did he do wrong? did he not pay his Tax ? What has he done SO wrong to make so many people hate him so much? I am dying to know if his wrongdoings overpower his good ideas and things that would not be here now but for him.

I am not Thai, but I also was not overkeen on Thaksin a few Months back, then someone pointed out to me that did do some good for Thailand ie - Airport, Sky Train, Card for Hospital & Medical treatment, Houses for poor people.

What exactly did he do wrong? did he not pay his Tax ? What has he done SO wrong to make so many people hate him so much? I am dying to know if his wrongdoings overpower his good ideas and things that would not be here now but for him.

I'll speak from personal experience as a rice exporter. He started having the govt. buy up all the rice it could get its hands on from the farmers at about 40-50% higher than the standard rates and storing vast quantities of it in poorly maintained govt warehouses until it could be auctioned off. Only a select few (ie his cronies and family companies) would ever win these acutions even though they bidded lower than what the govt paied for them. So basicialy he used tax payer money to give cheap rice to his exporter buddies and drive legitiamate exporters to Vietnam were the rice is on average between $140-165 cheaper per Ton.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg of Cocksin's corruption. He's got a laundry list of simmilar scams and rip offs where he steals money from the govt to his benifiet and thouse of his friends and family.

It seems that the majority in Thailand is pro Thaksin. In any FREE election his party would win again. The elites and pro yellow clans could not allow this, as they would loose lots of their power.

Agreed - the Generals threw him out - and it was with a nod from His Majesty. Its an open secret that His Majesty had little time for Thaksin ........ and good ridden it was too.

While there is little doubt the way Thaksin was thrown out was unconstitutional and didn;t do much for Thailands credibility on the international stage (especially as it was the military who provided the muscle - yet again!), if theres anything this country needs at the moment (to address the economic woes awaiting it in the near future) it is political credibility with the international community, the IMF, the World Bank .... and a whole bunch of other international bodies.

Notwithstanding all this, I cant help but feel many folk saw it (his departure) as the lessor of the evils on offer, and for those reasons (i.e. their dilike of Thaksin's policies), I somehow think the regional economic "support policies" the same above bodies have been discussing for/with South East Asian countries, they are not going to be on the offer to Thailand if Thaksin gets back in the driving seat.

Thaksins return will do this country little to no good - internally & externally.

I voted No, as I assumed this meant on his own volition.

I think he may be back to stand trial (or in a box) - I am guessing he will be charged with treason for organising this fiasco - they may well then revoke his passport and wait until he is sent back (as without a valid passport he could not go anywhere else and any visa would be invalid - unless he was granted sanctuary, which is doubtful IMO). I doubt anything will happen until his frozen assets have been sorted though.

Spoke to dozens of Thais on my last short Jolli...Teachers,Taxi Drivers,shopkeepers,Pui Yai Banns,students and farmers and they all said the same thing...(and without wiffe twisting their arms behind their necks........)......

they WANT him Back..... :o

Spoke to dozens of Thais on my last short Jolli...Teachers,Taxi Drivers,shopkeepers,Pui Yai Banns,students and farmers and they all said the same thing...(and without wiffe twisting their arms behind their necks........)......

they WANT him Back..... :o

Sorry I can NOT agee, most Thais I know DO NOT LIKE HIM.

bt