Do You Have Confidence In Pm Abhisit's Ability To Lead This Country Out Of Crisis?

thailandlover

Do you have confidence in PM Abhisit's abilities?   

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A poll of a bunch of farangs on the Internet. What possible meaning does it have? :D

Are you talking for yourself?

Many Thais and Farangs think Abhisit is the best we can have at the moment.the majority,i guess. :o Cheers

PS

I want to praise the Army(if really no casualties...) for the good job.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poll of a bunch of farangs on the Internet. What possible meaning does it have? :D

No less meaning i guess than some foreigner claiming that it's "pretty much a fact" that the majority of Thais are pro-Thaksin. :o

It seems that the majority in Thailand is pro Thaksin. In any FREE election his party would win again.

What ? Is this a joke ?

No, it is pretty much a fact. :D

Many Thais and Farangs think Abhisit is the best we can have at the moment.the majority,i guess. :o Cheers

PS

And thank you for registering with TV for sharing your views.

Does anybody has picture of the democrat recruiting booth in KSR ? How much is it paid ? In these difficult times, nobody can be blame for taking any job available, not everybody has the right look to be a gogo dancer.

Where Samak and Somchai failed with dignity

:o

Samak was found guilty of taking money, from a company which depended upon his government's goodwill for its profits, then lied about it in court, and when his coalition-governments MPs were asked to reconfirm him as the PM afterwards, was abandoned by them without a second thought. Sleaze and back-stabbing by his own side.

Somchai played golf & went to karaoke in Chiang Mai, while his government & the country fell apart, before the courts dissolved his party for electoral-fraud. He also failed to call a fresh election, when advised to, and never really got to grips with the job.

I hardly think you can accuse either one of failing with dignity.

Abhisit by comparison is still sober & serious, appealing for calm and trying to avoid the conflict escalating out-of-control, despite having been attacked in person in Pattaya & in Bangkok. He might not succeed, if the powers-that-be fail to support him, as the police clearly do not, but he certainly deserves to, and Thai democracy needs him to IMHO. :D

Edited by Ricardo

A poll of a bunch of farangs on the Internet. What possible meaning does it have? :o

My Dear Ulysses G., and Red supporters,

May you all and your children live under the Red Power forever - not in Thailand, however, but rather in whatever places you come from.

He is doing all the right things like a PM would in any other civilized democratic country.

Social and political change can only come with reforms and not by rioting like what the reds are doing.

Doing all the right things like a PM would in any other civilised democratic country would mean acting as caretaker PM and setting an election date. If he did that, the red shirts would have no excuse to cause trouble.

PS

I would like to see that majority turn up for the election. Wait a minute. What election?

Finally, by ordering the army to shoot unarmed civilians, Thailand may eventually get the reputation it has avoided until now, of a bloody dictatorial regime.

Any bodies to show us? Can't seem to find any. Conspiracy Theorists of the world unite!

64 posts since you joined yesterday, all attacking the reds. Obviously you're a "profesional" troll. Who's your boss, PAD ? democrats ? Sondhi ?

What's up, question too complicated for you? Where are the bodies and if the troops were shooting into the crowd there'd also be non-lethal injuries. Where are these casualties?

He is doing all the right things like a PM would in any other civilized democratic country.

Social and political change can only come with reforms and not by rioting like what the reds are doing.

Doing all the right things like a PM would in any other civilised democratic country would mean acting as caretaker PM and setting an election date. If he did that, the red shirts would have no excuse to cause trouble.

Agreed. He might have the support of the army but as PM he cannot go against the wishes of the Thai people. To have legitimacy and silence his critics he must call for elections

abhisit has proved he has the balls to deal with this problem

let him get on with it now

after this barbaric display by thaksins employees and his attempts to distance himself from their actions and save his own skin, if there was a head to head election now between thakisn and abhisit, abhisit would win.

thanksins a spent force, it was written all over his square face when he was interviewed on BBC and CNN

you could see in his eyes he knew after yesterdays events that he was kissing goodbye to 76 billion baht

You must be dreaming.

No less meaning i guess than some foreigner claiming that it's "pretty much a fact" that the majority of Thais are pro-Thaksin. :o

In case you don't know it, Farangs do not have a vote here, so there is no meaning to our little poll. Thais do, and Thaksin's parties have won the vote over and over again! :D

My Dear Ulysses G., and Red supporters,

May you all and your children live under the Red Power forever - not in Thailand, however, but rather in whatever places you come from.

My dear Genius

There is no "Red Power" in other countries. :o

Whether Abhisit has power over the military or not, he kept his cool in light of all the events and the military did what was necessary, albeit a little late, however I'm glad that things are calming down now.

And if losing face is so serious in Thailand, then I doubt the things which happened to Abhisit recently are worse face losing occurences than the ones the military has suffered over the past few months. Especially if the military thinks its the most powerful and controlling body in Thailand, then they are the ones who have lost face for not taking action earlier. At the end of the day, a government needs its military and police force to enforce law and order; what are a bunch of suited and booted politicians going to do to prevent thousands of people from protesting...

I have this odd feeling that the military is putting themselves above the rest, thinking they are gods and that without them Thailand can not run properly and they are trying to prove this by letting all this crap happen!

IT really pisses me off to see Thailand go down the drain like that.....

I have more sympathy for the reds than the yellows, but there is no way that they will be allowed to "win" this thing against the Army, the very wealthy and the most important institution in the country.

We better hope and pray that Abhisit can come to an agreement with Thaksin and the reds, or Thailand -and everyone who lives here - might have some VERY bad days ahead. Personally, I wish Abhisit the best of luck as he seems to be a good man in a very unfortunate position. :o

Day dreaming again ? agreement with a convicted fugitive who has just showed the international

media what kind of an ass he really is ?

Dream on ......

Thaksin's parties have won the vote over and over again! :o

Yes i know, but thank goodness, those days are over.

Stop flogging a dead horse.

Time to find yourself a new hero Ulysses. :D

He ain't my hero - Actually, I hope that the current government can sort things out - but facts are facts. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

You simply do not demand an election by rioting like terrorists. There is no justification for what

they did yesterday.

I'm sure that Abhisit is a very nice chap who probably wants to do what is right for Thailand.

However, he simply is not in control of the present government, rather he has been marginalized by the real powers behind the scene. From day one, when the coalition was cobbled together by the army and the small parties (poor old Abhi said he didn't even know the meeting took place - either he's a consummate liar or he was seen as irrelevant!), to the events in Pattaya, where that fool Suthep conspired with Newin (that's right, the man who was banned from politics by the Courts!) to confront the reds with a private army of blue-shirted thugs instead of dealing with it legally, i.e. police and army.

No, I have have no confidence in him at all, not that that matters, it's only a question of time before those same powers behind the scene hang him out to dry.

I'm sure that Abhisit is a very nice chap who probably wants to do what is right for Thailand.

However, he simply is not in control of the present government, rather he has been marginalized by the real powers behind the scene. From day one, when the coalition was cobbled together by the army and the small parties (poor old Abhi said he didn't even know the meeting took place - either he's a consummate liar or he was seen as irrelevant!), to the events in Pattaya, where that fool Suthep conspired with Newin (that's right, the man who was banned from politics by the Courts!) to confront the reds with a private army of blue-shirted thugs instead of dealing with it legally, i.e. police and army.

No, I have have no confidence in him at all, not that that matters, it's only a question of time before those same powers behind the scene hang him out to dry.

the proof is in the pudding

the protesters are either in jail or have gone home

he did manage, against incredible ods, to knit together a force to overcome the ugliest face of Tailand I ever seen

more power to him and the boys in the army who had to do the dirty work

i weep for the poor 19 year old that was shot to death by murderers

Edited by yumidesign

Watching Abhisit on TV addressing the nation -- he looks like a guy who's just dodged a massive bucket of water, but isn't sure there isn't another one waiting for him.

Very hesitant speech, looking around nervously at the assembled uniforms and government suits.

I hope he can regain his strength and confidence and find a way to knit the Thai people back together.

Very hesitant speech, looking around nervously at the assembled uniforms and government suits.

I think we'd all probably look a bit ragged round the egdes if in the last couple of days we had been attacked twice by some crazed protesters who looked high on yabaa - with the very real possibility it could have been an attack to take our lives - added to that i very much doubt if the guy has slept a wink since the Pattaya debacle.

Thumbs up - and he learned and reacted quick - left standing in the rain in pattaya at the ASEAN summi.... he handled the affair which should become his unseating - very well!