Taxin On Bbc Now

Crossy

Thaxin Shinawatra is on the BBC live now.

'Not funding protests'

'King not behind coup'

Short and not so sweet, really said sod all. Bound to be repeated later, a coup for the BBC?

BBC THAILAND PROTESTS:

Ousted Thailand PM Thaksin tells BBC that army is lying over shootings in Bangkok

Will return to Thailand to lead "popular uprising"

Edited by Crossy

Most interesting was his claim that "many people have died, I have proof, but the BBC won't let me show it." The woman interviewer did not dispute this, she made no comment whatsoever, which struck me as being kind of odd.

Other stuff in case you missed it:

Thaksin - "When I said revolution, I meant 'peaceful revolution.'"

Ducked questions about funding saying "I'm just giving 'moral support.'"

When pressed harder, flat-out denied funding the demonstrators.

Ho Ho Ho, Thaksin calling for international observers to come and monitor the violence by the army etc...seem to recall he wasn't so keen on internationall observers during his "war"on drugs or on problems in south. BBC also showing some pretty disturbing footage of red shirts being attacked by local residents...

Ho Ho Ho, Thaksin calling for international observers to come and monitor the violence by the army etc...seem to recall he wasn't so keen on internationall observers during his "war"on drugs or on problems in south. BBC also showing some pretty disturbing footage of red shirts being attacked by local residents...

Btw, this was a live video interview by a male newscaster therefore different from earlier broadcast, featured thaksin in front of Thai flag.

I think he could have been clearer yesterday about the peaceful bit. But anyway, better late than never.

peaceful? Thaksins no Ghandi and we all know what he meant when he said he wanted a revolution

its no use backpeddling when the war is lost

BBC just interviewed Abhisit for a response.

What I found interesting was that Thaksin managed a perfect video feed, being a fugitive and basically in hiding and all, while Abhisit managed only a very cracking phone line. Just doesn't sound very reassuring at all.

As for what he actually said it was rather predictable; no real news there.

What I found interesting was that Thaksin managed a perfect video feed, being a fugitive and basically in hiding and all, while Abhisit managed only a very cracking phone line. Just doesn't sound very reassuring at all.

Thaksin interview was taped earlier, Abisit was a mobile phone line.

Abisit does just say the same drivel.

The BBC used to be a reputable and arguably the best TV media in the world for reporting. Sad to say they have stooped to interviewing convicted criminals, probably terrorists, on the run. Put that with the complete farsical reporting from Jonathon D'Head from his BKK condo balcony and you end up with a discredited news organisation.

Bloomberg appears to have the most sensible and realistic reporters in BKK, and I hate to admit that being British.

was it not of any interest then that although Thaksin claimed that the government were covering up many dead reds, Abhisist calmly brushed that claim aside and confirmed there had been no deaths.

he did so with no sign hesitiation or pragmatism

so whos lying?

whos known for lying?

heres a clue:

who just said on global TV that he was not financing the red revolution?

you got it! squarehead

the spent political force who just kissed good bye to 76 billion baht

As far as the BBC being objective about the history of the current situation, a BBC "expert" explained to us simpletons that Thaksin was removed from power after he lost support following the tsunami and bird flu epidemic. :o

Small wonder.

Thaksin was launching his telecom satelite into the orbit while Abhisit was shitting into his day nappies.

And Abhisit has never stood any elections. Poor photogenic barbie Abhisit is.

The BBC used to be a reputable and arguably the best TV media in the world for reporting. Sad to say they have stooped to interviewing convicted criminals, probably terrorists, on the run. Put that with the complete farsical reporting from Jonathon D'Head from his BKK condo balcony and you end up with a discredited news organisation.

What have the BBC said that is wrong? I haven't seen any evidence at all in the broadcasts today to suggest that they're not reputable, they're reporting the same things that everyone else is with the same caveats.

What have the BBC said that is wrong? I haven't seen any evidence at all in the broadcasts today to suggest that they're not reputable, they're reporting the same things that everyone else is with the same caveats.

Well if you consider that giving air time to convicted criminals on the run, whom the UK government withdrew a visa from, then sadly your moral acceptance of the BBC is disturbing. The BBC is funded by the British license payers whom in the main support law and order and do not support convicted criminals. The BBC are shameful.

I just watched Toxin on CNN, I was impressed by the interviewer who constantly repeated his questions while Toxin evaded a straight answer, he claimed he wanted a peaceful revolution and his supporters were being attacked by Automatic weapons, when pushed he did say that the demonstrations should be peaceful. Then asked that the top man, and foreign countries should intervene to prevent more bloodshed.

The video's from the streets seem to be getting worse now, It may only be a matter of time before someone forgets to aim their weapon upwards.

Freddie

Well if you consider that giving air time to convicted criminals on the run, whom the UK government withdrew a visa from, then sadly your moral acceptance of the BBC is disturbing. The BBC is funded by the British license payers whom in the main support law and order and do not support convicted criminals. The BBC are shameful.

Allow myself and others the opportunity to judge that for ourselves. Any news channel that does not present both sides is certainly not reputable, so I'll agree to disagree with you there.

Allow myself and others the opportunity to judge that for ourselves. Any news channel that does not present both sides is certainly not reputable, so I'll agree to disagree with you there.

I have to agree with DagonKhan there, CNN also interviewed Toxin, dont see any condemnation of them, The job of news agencies is to try to present the facts as impartially as possible (no I dont include Fox in this). Toxin is not a convicted criminal in the UK and AFAIK is not wanted by the UK police for anything, therefore interviewing him is not seen as a crime just an attempt to provide both sides of the argument.

This seems to be more of an "I like to knock the BBC" post than a considered response to the OP.

regards

Freddie