Looking For A Business Mentor

I'm a 34 year old Brit (male). Non - professional background, working a tedious bottom rung office job in the UK, which I can't stand anymore. I want to get into business, not to make a fortune (although that would be good), but to cover my bases/bills, about 1500 GBP per month net should do it.

I have a few K GBP in savings/potential capital should I need an initial investment. I've searched the web high and low for opportunities but haven't come across anything that looks promising.

Something ethical, enjoyable, and of course profitable, preferably web based would be ideal. Burnout from my current job, so can't put myself under too much stress/strain.

A bit about me -Self diciplined, good organisational skills, reasonably smart, non-drinker,non- drug user, non-smoker. Just looking for a break.

Anybody able to assist me with a start up of some sort? Genuine/helpful responses via pm' welcome.

Edited by ukme

Any true entrepreneur will firstly have a vision for something and a passion for something. You will also make an opportunity happen rather then waiting for the opportunity to come along or searching for one. Nobody can give you a passion for something, that's got to come from within yourself. Once you have that, your on the first run of the ladder. I honestly think hand on heart no one here has got the right answers for you.

Web based - So that would not matter where you are when you set it up.

My advice:

If you can come up (or find) an ideal for a web based business that might make you GBP1.5K oer month - Kick it off in the UK, keep your day job and see how it goes.

There are a number of advantages to this:

• You still keep your income in the UK
  • You can call on a wide range of business support in the UK that is not available to you in Thailand
  • While you are in the UK and have an income you have access to credit/loans that are practically not available to you in Thailand
  • Your risk and hence stress is lower
  • You'ld not be presented with the 'Distractions' Thailand has to offer.

Good luck with an idea and good luck with getting it off the ground.

Something ethical, enjoyable, and of course profitable, preferably web based would be ideal. Burnout from my current job, so can't put myself under too much stress/strain.

You need to be more specific, if you want more inputs, coz……“enjoyable” is so relative.

What I and others find "enjoyable” may be diff than yours.

So what are some activities, do you find “enjoyable” when doing ….care to elaborate?

Some works are….hard works but enjoyable

Some works are….bearable but enjoyable

…..etcs

:o

Burnout from my current job, so can't put myself under too much stress/strain.

Congratulations on realising that you are unlikely to get rich working for others. Bankers perhaps being the exception that proves the rule ! :o

In my own experience, starting-up a business was both stressful, and extremely hard work & long hours. Five years after retiring, I still dream about my former-business, at least once a week. Hence the need for it to be something you have a passion for, so that it seems like play as much as work, and you don't mind the commitment so much.

As to what it should be, that has to come from within you, only you know what you're passionate about ! But a visit to, and an investment in the services of, a good careers-consultant might be worth considering ?

Good Luck ! :D

Edited by Ricardo