Shooting Spree?

mrt273nva

My missus is telling me that it is similar to the killings in 1992 when the army would kill lots of people at night, then spray down the streets to wash up the blood and then come morning people were clueless, including the media. I'm hearing that it is many more than 2 people but I can't confirm. It will be interesting to see what is uncovered in the weeks following all this madness.

Well 2 dead is hardly loads is it?

Well, and according to the media, it was the RED shirts that killed them! Not the army.

I don't trust BBC farther than I can throw them. Sadly they and CNN International is all I can watch here... Both worthless.

My missus is telling me that it is similar to the killings in 1992 when the army would kill lots of people at night, then spray down the streets to wash up the blood and then come morning people were clueless, including the media. I'm hearing that it is many more than 2 people but I can't confirm. It will be interesting to see what is uncovered in the weeks following all this madness.

Your wife doesnt know what she is talking about.... the red shirts shot and killed 2 market vendors because they complained when the reds invaded and disrupted the market. The only madness is coming from the reds. The police and military could do with a little "madness" to clean out these crazy terrorists.

I drive thru Bangkok, Asoke to Chaeng Wattana and back between 7am and 8am. Saw nothing, very few cars around, no gunfire, no burning buildings no nothing. Thai tv reported in the morning that the protesters have all pulled back to government house.

These rumours are spread intentionally and always there is someone who believes anything they hear from the trusted taxi driver or random guy hanging out in the street corner.

Seriously, the city is full of mobile phones with cameras and also farangs live nowdays everywhere in the city. If there was bloodshed last night howcome no one heard or saw anything ? Fact is that shooting people can not be done in downtown Bangkok without anyone knowing anything.

Guys, if you have nothing more serious than your missus comments about these "loads of people" killed last night, please do not post and keep it in family, to have something to talk about when you'll have your mekong soda !

Information should be from reliable sources, sources should be stated, and double checked....Spreading this kind of bull8hit brings nothing, and shows how aware you are !!

i'm not spreading anything, i am simply inquiring to see if anyone has information to confirm what my wife has heard. i am asking if there are any reliable sources. next time my wife tells me something i will just believe it blindly rather than try and ask if people on ThaiVisa have any information that might be different... geesh

edit: also, did you not notice the "?" in the title of the post? It is not spreading rumors if you are asking for information...

Edited by mrt273nva

i'm not spreading anything, i am simply inquiring to see if anyone has information to confirm what my wife has heard. i am asking if there are any reliable sources. next time my wife tells me something i will just believe it blindly rather than try and ask if people on ThaiVisa have any information that might be different... geesh

edit: also, did you not notice the "?" in the title of the post? It is not spreading rumors if you are asking for information...

Again......sources ???? Please !

Without this basic information , question mark or not, this is only a rumor on the spreading process !!

So tell us then where your wife got the information ? Source, web links etc ?

from some lady downstairs. i guess she knows a few protesters that were there but i don't know the lady or how reliable she is. this is why i am asking if anyone else has information about this. and i guess not. perhaps we will learn more as time passes.

So tell us then where your wife got the information ? Source, web links etc ?

from some lady downstairs. i guess she knows a few protesters that were there but i don't know the lady or how reliable she is. this is why i am asking if anyone else has information about this. and i guess not. perhaps we will learn more as time passes.

I have heard reports of videos that show army gunning down protestors in the sois whilst performing otherwise in the main streets.

What the exact source of these videos is , I don't know, but one of my Thai employees saw one this morning on somebody's camera. He estimated at least 30 dead or seriously injured from the clip he saw.

I was there in 1992 and walked behind Chamlong's truck as it drove past that infamous hotel, I don't recall the name of it now. Where people ran to escape the bullets. I don't know what I was doing there, just thought it would be interesting to be part of the history. Then hijacked buses came into the scene, protesters drove them up near the military and burned them. I almost went up there to have a look too. Bullets flew everywhere. I believe on Aussie was killed, and one American teacher as well. There were bullets everywhere. I ran for my life. In following days Bangkok Post had a feature showing one guy who collected tons of shoes from the scene, shoes nobody knew where they came from. It was reported that around 180 died. All of the people who hijacked the bus were killed, as I recall. There was a large group of parents and relatives who reported around 1000 people went missing that night. Rumors were that 1000 were killed, loaded into trucks, and dumped in Kanchanaburi.