Good Farang Restaurants ?

Mango-Guy

Dear Mango,

There are many restaurants with farang menus in LOS.

Some are steak and fries places (the beef is Thai beef not USDA grain-fed beef though) with pork chops and chicken on the menu.

There are a few great pizza places using wood-fired ovens too.

You will not want for some pretty nice places here !

Claw

The Irish XChange, Convent Road, Silom - Saladeang Station.

The Dubliner Bangkok, between Sukhumvit 22 and 24.

Pan Pan, Langsuan Road.

Hard Rock Cafe, Siam Square.

LC, I keep running into you in some of these places- you must be a director in some of them by now??? :D :D

Mango, for good honest down home BBQ, try Steak One just past Nana on the same side of Soi 4. Nice young Thai couple own it but make a darned good steak. Good eats, great prices and as an added amusement, you can witness Nana zone farangs and their rent-a-dates conversing in baby talk exchanges... very stimulating stuff (yawn) but may cause indigestion :o:D:D

mango, we might be neighbours!

some notable restos near chidlom :

1. calderazzo - on langsuan, italian, but they have killer t-bones, seriously.

2. lemoncello - on sukhumvit 11, best thin crust pizzas!

3. new york steak house - at the marriot near sukhumvit 4

4. the madison - at four seasons hotel, progressive continental food

5. auberge dab - at the mercury building, corner of langsuan, okay quality french

enjoy!

• 1 month later...

13 Coins resturaunt. Sibsaam rian in Thai. It's a Western food resturaunt, except it's for Thais, not Farang. You don't see many foriegners there. It's really cheap, and it's actually not too bad. You can get a steak (Thai beef), with fetticini, buttered veggies, and nice thick french fries for 160 baht! HUGE chunk of roast pork covered in gravy for 140 B. Pasta as well, but I've been too frightened to try to Mexican food.

Can't find a website, but there is one in Pata world, Central Latprao (not sure), near and a couple near silom.

Dear Mango,

Some are steak and fries places (the beef is Thai beef not USDA grain-fed beef though) with pork chops and chicken on the menu.

Claw

Great recommendations!!!

13 Coins resturaunt.  Sibsaam rian in Thai.  <SNIP>  Pasta as well, but I've been too frightened to try to Mexican food.

Can't find a website, but there is one in Pata world, Central Latprao (not sure), near and a couple near silom.

I like these restaurants a lot. The enchiladas however were nothing special - or Mexican, for that matter - under a thick blanket of cheese. More like lasagne than anything else. Pasta dishes generally VG (but no bread - my GF always orders some crab dish & gives me hers). Steaks/specials good and good value. Several of their locations here http://www.dininginthailand.com/13coinsmap.asp

I like these restaurants a lot.  The enchiladas however were nothing special - or Mexican, for that matter - under a thick blanket of cheese.  More like lasagne than anything else.  Pasta dishes generally VG (but no bread - my GF always orders some crab dish & gives me hers).  Steaks/specials good and good value.  Several of their locations here http://www.dininginthailand.com/13coinsmap.asp

Thank you so much for that link! Found a couple 13 coins restaurants that are in prime llocations for me, that I didn't know aboue before. Also would like to point out that several of them are open 24 hours, and that they deliver.

Dear Mango,

Claw

Great recommendations!!!

Didn't you catch the names either Laz ?

:o