Your Favourite Source For Thai News And Current Events?

chevykanteve

I thought this post would be useful both for old-timers as well as newbies living in Thailand. For those who may reply, please mention whatever Thai news/current-events-source you read/listen to regularly. No need to state why.

I'll start the ball rolling: I use Google Reader for news and current events about Thailand.

Not sure, the forum lagged there for a few minutes.

I also like google news, but try to fit in some of the Thai papers as well since they cover local news more than any English language ones.

Al-jazeera is pretty interesting and the Aussie news also tends to cover thailand more.

Not sure, the forum lagged there for a few minutes.

I also like google news, but try to fit in some of the Thai papers as well since they cover local news more than any English language ones.

Al-jazeera is pretty interesting and the Aussie news also tends to cover thailand more.

I agree with you sbk (Did I day that??? My God.....), but al-Jazeera is not only interesting; it's incredibly objective in its reporting compared to most other news services. And old George W. wanted to bomb them on their home turf. I wonder why....

During this crisis found that Al Jazeera's (English version as I assume they have Arabic version, too) live news feed was the best there was hands down. Gave many reports from multiple reporters from the streets of Bangkok, and all very professional and in-depth. They need to get that channel on UBC/True Visions right away if they haven't already.

Al-jazeera .. seems to be balanced. Some very good journalism.

Google News .. lots of variety

Bloomberg .. IMO, better than CNN, FOX, BBC

TV aka The Nation .. surely you're joking about accuracy and balance?

I really don't see how you can compare NewsGoogle or GoogleReader or clippings-to-threads in ThaiVisa with real media sources like The Nation, or CNN or Bloomberg etc.

I have traditionally found the BangkokPost to be the best all-around English language news source, but their new web design is so cumbersome I just read the hard copy now.

If MCOT translated more of their news into English, they would completely kick ass -- lots of good stuff in there.

Some nice links here thanks.

For Thai news I read Guardian, Independent,Economist, and BBC (UK) its not all round in depth news, but they don't have a dog in this fight.

I do not trust local newspaper's, they all have an agenda, and have proven to be malleable.

On TV - Aljazeera, BBC and Australian TV - first one seems to be better. As well as the Thai TV stations but need to switch around and take everything with a pinch of salt most of the time.

Bangkok Pundit, Matichon, Siampoliticalprisoners.wordpress, siam report blog, prachatai, atimes, asia sentinel, economist, new mandala,

manager, straits times, nation blog, komchadluek, kriengsak.com

No. 1 Thaivisa

No. 2 Google News. A quick look at international news, 'Thailand' in the search box, then sort by date. Scroll for anything of interest. Pages open in a new tab...helps the bandwidth issue. The quick way to review almost all E sources.

No. 1 Thaivisa

No. 2 Google News. A quick look at international news, 'Thailand' in the search box, then sort by date. Scroll for anything of interest. Pages open in a new tab...helps the bandwidth issue. The quick way to review almost all E sources.

I agree Google News is a fantastic resource