Udd Leaders End Protest

lopburi3

This was a massive victory for Thaksin whichever way you look at it.

The groundswell of foreign public opinion is overwhelmingly on his side now. The red-shirts haven't been defeated, merely subdued for the time being. He may have lost some support in grassroots Thailand because of the militant red-shirts but that won't be a major concern.

/../

Once again one of our reoccurring spinmeisters tell it like it isn't.

No, the fleeing traitor Thaksin isn't seeing overwhelming foreign support. And the support he has is diminishing fast as HE is now clearly working AGAINST democracy. At this speed soon even the Economist might give him the cold shoulder, as the reds actions leads to worsened economical outlook.

And losing the grassroot-support should be his concern, unless a coup is his goal.

In what way wasn't this a massive victory for Thaksin?

He's completely outsmarted and embarrassed the current government and shown them to be completely inept, he's brought the Army out shooting at their own people (something that the whole World is watching), got a major international summit cancelled with the leaders of foreign nations fleeing the country, disrupted the capital and major cities around Thailand for days and he is on every major international news channel calling for democracy as a champion of its cause in front of a Thai flag!

It doesn't get much better than that!

He's just too clever for these guys!

Edited by Oberkommando

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The groundswell of foreign public opinion is overwhelmingly on his side now. The red-shirts haven't been defeated, merely subdued for the time being. He may have lost some support in grassroots Thailand because of the militant red-shirts but that won't be a major concern.

/../

No, the fleeing traitor Thaksin isn't seeing overwhelming foreign support. And the support he has is diminishing fast as HE is now clearly working AGAINST democracy. At this speed soon even the Economist might give him the cold shoulder, as the reds actions leads to worsened economical outlook.

And losing the grassroot-support should be his concern, unless a coup is his goal.

He's completely outsmarted and embarrassed the current government and shown them to be completely inept, he's brought the Army out shooting at their own people (something that the whole World is watching), got a major international summit cancelled with the leaders of foreign nations fleeing the country, disrupted the capital and major cities around Thailand for days and he is on every major international news channel calling for democracy as a champion of its cause in front of a Thai flag!

Atleast you proved my remark about you being a spin-meister. Have fun working at FOX News.

/../

You might be even better then this guy if you were around at the time he really had to worry for his job.

Iraqi%20Information%20Minister.jpg

/../

You might be even better then this guy if you were around at the time he really had to worry for his job.

Iraqi%20Information%20Minister.jpg

All of the aforementioned results were achieved.

No spin needed.

Is there anyone here capable of real debate or is puerile mud-slinging the order of the day?

No spin needed.

Is there anyone here capable of real debate or is puerile mud-slinging the order of the day?

Debate wont work when people are set in their views. You are set in yours i'm set in mine no way either of us will change our mind. Through my eyes your a complete fool for spewing your nonsense. I'm pretty sure its the same vice versa.

No spin needed.

Since your post is based on subjective spin one would have to spend way too much time to clearly spell out what other posters already know, rendering the exercise futile.

Its a struggle that the elite cant win. Why? Number games. Thailands population is growing fast. Twice as many are born compared to deaths. Thaksins rise to power is funded on the near doubled population the last 20 years. In fact, he only tapped into the beginning of this mass of people now growing up. Its a young population that want instant results and therefor suspectible to populism.

Personally I hope Thailand will be an expensive country to retire to when my day comes. I dont think it will be tough, mostly because by then Thailand will have more then 120 million thais...

[

He is too clever for you, thats about it. Because you actually believe it

No spin needed.

Debate wont work when people are set in their views. You are set in yours i'm set in mine no way either of us will change our mind. Through my eyes your a complete fool for spewing your nonsense. I'm pretty sure its the same vice versa.

What chance Democracy

[

He is too clever for you, thats about it. Because you actually believe it

On the contrary, I understand what he is doing, I am aware of it, but I am also wary of him.

I don't believe what he says for a minute, but he's scored a victory here, even in retreat.

It's politics, and Thaksin plays the game better than anyone.

Edited by Oberkommando

Thaksin is still in self-imposed exile and untouchable. This government must regret letting him go now. Their fault entirely on that one.

The country was disrupted for several days, the current government embarrassed as the ASEAN summit cancelled and their inability to handle the situation exposed.

Meanwhile conditions on the domestic front, especially economically look to worsen considerably.

This government will cling on and on with the support of the military and judiciary as Thailand continues its downward spiral into the abyss.

Stop hogging the blunt dude. Its Puff Puff Give, Puff Puff Give. You are seriously bogarting to make a completely ludicrous statement like this...

I don't believe what he says for a minute, but he's scored a victory here, even in retreat.

Obviously, which is why is a convicted fugitive from justice, and he and his entire family are on the run, and his money and his cause are lost.

Yes, he plays a mean game of politics... :o

I am just telling you exactly what they told me. They said, "Khun Debbie, I don't know about corruption...what I know is, first time in 20 years, my students have books."

I've lived in a small Isaan village for 10 years, and know what "Khun Debbie" says is true. That being said, it is impossible even for natives, let alone farangs, to sort out who is responsible. My screen name, Pawyi Lee, is in honor of "Phu Yai" or Village Chief Lee, hero of a 1960s song critical of a Central Bangkok program to invest in Isaan, that some say was inspired by an American CIA "hearts and minds" agenda. Bungling undoubtedly occurred, but just as undoubtedly investment occurred. A great deal of the investment in Isaan has also originated in personal investments by various members of the Royal Family, not just the King and Queen, but also the Prince and the Princesses. And then our little village school, whether it had books or not, was established in 1923 along with quarters for teachers. Undoubtedly progress has been greatest in the past 20 years, and it is impossible to sort out who is responsible, but many of the natives showing that they indeed have "hearts and minds," are exerting ever more responsibility for their own fate, every day.

I would be very skeptical of what I read in the Bangkok Post. They are clearly bias in favor of the present government.

Well you hardly find anyone who can read and write who is biased to Chalerm or the corrupt murder Thaksin.

That is so unfair and so untrue. I have many friends in Isaan....some highly educated, some teachers, who say that when Thaksin was PM their students had books for the first time in 20 years....the other governments promised, promised promised...got elected....forgot. Poor Isaan folks just were not important enough to keep promises too. These folks have genuine grievances and they are NOT happy to have their votes thrown out time and time again. PLEASE do not say about them being 'paid' to vote. I know now from working here ten years, that no matter what....they do what they want. SO funny to think that some one is forcing them to vote for them. What a joke.

They would collect all the brides but vote for the person they like

If the protests are to resume the best thing that could happen to Thailand is for the Red Shirts to change their strategy.

Quite simple really: all they have to do is totally disown Thaksin and do their own thing in the interest of the people.

Internationally Thaksin has done little to convince those outside the country that he cares a jot for the Thai people.

This man has done much harm to the reds cause and they have lost all of their credibility, with viloence invoked

by this power mad maniac who is definitley not the smartest kid on the block.

The Reds have some decent people who could easily sit down, talk and bide their time without resorting to Thaksin's "lets have a revolution" crap.

Governments don't last forever and when the time is right if the people want them, the reds will be back in power.

The quicker they realise Thaksin is taking them for a ride and cares only for himself the better for the country and for them.

Charles Manson/Shinawatra Thakisin... came out the same mould?..........I truly hope they see the error of their ways and wask their hands of the man

Its a struggle that the elite cant win. Why? Number games. Thailands population is growing fast. Twice as many are born compared to deaths.

Actually his support base, the subdued rural population under the heels of local mafia and business, is shrinking while urban middle classes grow at their expense. What's worse, the local lords are deserting him and preach a different myth about new saviors now.

>>>

All in all, it's an overwhelming victory for babbling idiot denying his involvment in instigating violence and talking about "moral support" instead while the huge "Thaksin calls for a revolution" banner is still shown in front of him and images or reds on a mad rampage on the right. That's how it looked on CNN.

He is the cleverest, the smartest politician of them all. That's why he gives interviews from undisclosed locations, has a honorary Nicaraguan passport, and lives on the run, with millions of Thais wanting him shot without trial.

The reds achieved unprecedented victory, I've heard of villagers screaming "Stop, Stop" when water cannons were shown on TV. "Use flamethrowers instead, burn them alive!".

Obviously, which is why is a convicted fugitive from justice, and he and his entire family are on the run, and his money and his cause are lost.

It took a military coup to get rid of him, such was his success at the political game. :D

Removed by a coup and then hounded through military appointed courts because they simply couldn't get close to him at the ballot box.

So yes, he does play a mean game of politics.

-Oberkommando-

I think, you are from German (more likely) or Austrian decent.

If so, or you are speaking and writing German than you should also have a look at the

www.thailand-tip.de Forum, there you find probably, Posters who share your opinion.

That Forum has a Democracy (red) heart and some have strange conclusions.

But even there your Postings will stand out, I think.

A good chance that you have been writing there already in the past and got in trouble with the Boss there, Sir Roy.

Its a struggle that the elite cant win. Why? Number games. Thailands population is growing fast. Twice as many are born compared to deaths.

Actually his support base, the subdued rural population under the heels of local mafia and business, is shrinking while urban middle classes grow at their expense. What's worse, the local lords are deserting him and preach a different myth about new saviors now.

>>>

All in all, it's an overwhelming victory for babbling idiot denying his involvment in instigating violence and talking about "moral support" instead while the huge "Thaksin calls for a revolution" banner is still shown in front of him and images or reds on a mad rampage on the right. That's how it looked on CNN.

He is the cleverest, the smartest politician of them all. That's why he gives interviews from undisclosed locations, has a honorary Nicaraguan passport, and lives on the run, with millions of Thais wanting him shot without trial.

The reds achieved unprecedented victory, I've heard of villagers screaming "Stop, Stop" when water cannons were shown on TV. "Use flamethrowers instead, burn them alive!".

The middle classes won't be growing in no recession, certainly not when all Thailand's key industries are shrinking, indeed, two are in deep trouble; tourism and automotive.

As explained in my previous post, he was too clever then at politics and so the military had to remove him with a coup.

He's still massively popular, despite your wishful thinking and long, protracted anti-Thaksin agenda.

-Oberkommando-

I think, you are from German (more likely) or Austrian decent.

If so, or you are speaking and writing German than you should also have a look at the

www.thailand-tip.de Forum, there you find probably, Posters who share your opinion.

That Forum has a Democracy (red) heart and some have strange conclusions.

But even there your Postings will stand out, I think.

A good chance that you have been writing there already in the past and got in trouble with the Boss there, Sir Roy.

Thank you I will check it out.

If the protests are to resume the best thing that could happen to Thailand is for the Red Shirts to change their strategy.

Quite simple really: all they have to do is totally disown Thaksin and do their own thing in the interest of the people.

Internationally Thaksin has done little to convince those outside the country that he cares a jot for the Thai people.

This man has done much harm to the reds cause and they have lost all of their credibility, with viloence invoked

by this power mad maniac who is definitley not the smartest kid on the block.

The Reds have some decent people who could easily sit down, talk and bide their time without resorting to Thaksin's "lets have a revolution" crap.

Governments don't last forever and when the time is right if the people want them, the reds will be back in power.

The quicker they realise Thaksin is taking them for a ride and cares only for himself the better for the country and for them.

Charles Manson/Shinawatra Thakisin... came out the same mould?..........I truly hope they see the error of their ways and wask their hands of the man

The Reds are Thaksin and Thaksin is the Reds. He founded them, he financed them, he is the owner.

It took a military coup to get rid of him, such was his success at the political game. :D

Removed by a coup and then hounded through military appointed courts because they simply couldn't get close to him at the ballot box.

So yes, he does play a mean game of politics.

And again your usual lie! The courts were not appointed by the military!

Edited by h90

The groundswell of foreign public opinion is overwhelmingly on his side now.

:o

Really?... US condemns Thai violence by pro-Thaksin protests

You do understand the difference between public opinion and statements by the US State Department?

Yes, but I also understand images of hijacked buses burning and rowdy mobs attacking government officials' vehicles with bricks and pipes and how these images tend to discredit certain former PMs who then claim in interviews that the military provoked violence against "unarmed peaceful protesters".

>>>

The middle classes won't be growing in no recession, certainly not when all Thailand's key industries are shrinking, indeed, two are in deep trouble; tourism and automotive.

As explained in my previous post, he was too clever then at politics and so the military had to remove him with a coup.

He's still massively popular, despite your wishful thinking and long, protracted anti-Thaksin agenda.

Yes his popularlity still there

To couter it the current gorvenmemt must pour a few hundred billion baht into central ,north and north east before next election.

Yes, but I also understand images of hijacked buses burning and rowdy mobs attacking government officials' vehicles with bricks and pipes and how these images tend to discredit certain former PMs who then claim in interviews that the military provoked violence against "unarmed peaceful protesters".

Indeed, but then they also see pictures of soldiers firing live ammo from assault weapons and the Thai Government trying to call it "crowd control".

Then a former-PM who was ousted in a military coup calling for a return to democracy.

2+2

It's a no-brainer for an educated Westerner.

Edited by Oberkommando

Recession is temporary, we've been through this in 1997-1998 when people lost their city jobs and went back upcountry. The shift from villagers to towns is an irreversible trend, but, most importantly, people freeing themselves from the yoke of their feudal lords, finding independent life in the towns, and demanding equal treatment in all respects, just as any other shopping mall goer, is what will slowly but steadily eat away at his support base.