Camera Repair In Pattaya?

craig

My old dependable Brica digital camera won't turn on. When I used it last the batteries were low. I put fresh batteries in and it will not turn on when I push the on button. I tried another set of fresh batteries and the same.

Is there somewhere in Pattaya where I can get it fixed? I kind of like this old friend.

Thanks, Craig

I know a lot of different camera makes and models but I can't recall ever hearing about a Brica. I know Nikons, Leicas, Canons, Yashikas, Fujis, Olympus, Pentax, etc etc but no Bricas. Only the more expensive SLR cameras are worth fixing. All the point and shoot cameras are more expensive to fix than to replace with a new one. That is even more so with digital cameras. Sorry, but you are just going to have to accept the loss and buy a new one. The good thing is that digital cameras are improving so fast that you will pay less for a lot more camera than the one that's broken.

Bought a Brica digital camera for my son. It worked fine for about 18 months and then started having power-on problems. Took it back to the shop for advice on getting it fixed - being out of warranty. They suggested Tukcom and eventually found the repair shop in the basement. Funnily enough another guy was handing over a Brica for repair at the same time!!

Anyway, upshot was that they could not repair. Don't think I will be buying Brica again!

So, the repair shop at Tukcom may be worth a try but don't expect too much.

My old dependable Brica digital camera won't turn on. When I used it last the batteries were low. I put fresh batteries in and it will not turn on when I push the on button. I tried another set of fresh batteries and the same.

Is there somewhere in Pattaya where I can get it fixed? I kind of like this old friend.

Thanks, Craig

"Central Lab", big Kodak shop on 2nd Road near Pattaya Klang at the roadside facing the beach.

They do good repair jobs, also on not well-known brands.

I had a few Cameras broken over the last few years, went everywhere looking for a repair shop, and was told that the big repair shop was in Bangkok so it would have to be sent away which could take months.

Can i recommend SONY CYBERSHOT T2. If your thinking of buying new, have a look at this baby, its excellent.

Thanks for the help..I'll take it in next week after the water tossing days are over and see about cost of repair...I don't need a top end or even middle of the pack camera...I don't take a lot of photos but do need to take pictures now and then. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep my eyes open for a budget prices point and shoot of a more better known brand name.

By the way, after pushing the on button everyday several times...it turned on this morning...I downloaded the pictures I had taken to the computer and hope it start again. Go figure.