Stronger Baht/usd

harmonica , any predictions / ideas / theories on how high or how low the pound sterling will go in the next week or so.

rose to 75 over the past week from 72.5 , what chance of making me a happy bunny and reaching 80 ??

Sorry! Don't have or get data on Sterling.

Yes...75 Bt the other day..... :D

Looks like another 5 Rai of land in the BIN. :o

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect the GBP to exceed 77/78 to the T.Baht. I see a major correction of the US$ on the horizon: GBP-US$ back at 1.75 these 1.89/1.90 levels are good times for buying dollars.

I would guess 43 Thai Baht $ by year end. I don't think it will be a collapse to 50 as Harmonica suggests.

More interesting is the Dollar-Yen, I reckon that serious money can be made on selling Yen right now. I see 135-140 by year end. What do you think Harmonica?

I don't expect the GBP to exceed 77/78 to the T.Baht. I see a major correction of the US$ on the horizon: GBP-US$ back at 1.75 these 1.89/1.90 levels are good times for buying dollars.

I would guess 43 Thai Baht  $ by year end. I don't think it will be a collapse to 50 as Harmonica suggests.

More interesting is the Dollar-Yen, I reckon that serious money can be made on selling Yen right now. I see 135-140 by year end. What do you think Harmonica?

Concur on both Baht and yen numbers! On GBP, don't know because I don't play it!

Its a bummer that I can't get my Yen and Baht updates this week -- Philips Securities is closed for Songkran so no data till Monday night.

However Bloomberg is showing that the Yen, after dipping to around, I believe, 107.35 has gone back above 108 and the Baht after dipping during the holidays to 39.35 (?) has now shot upto 39.72.

As long as the Yen keeps on trucking into the upper 108's, we're on a roll.

:o

Yes

After trading in t he 39.5s the Baht went back to the 39.6s and now has moved to the 39.7s.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7156 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7313 THB

If she can hold this or above till Monday, "Stand By For Action."

She is setting herself up for some serious gains.

She could run over the 40.++ mark next week.

Im still thinking the 18th thru 23rd will be verry active, which way remains to be seen.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7119 THB

Shes really liking the 39.7s right now

Good

Yes

After trading in t he 39.5s the Baht went back to the 39.6s and now has moved to the 39.7s.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7156 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7313 THB

Im still thinking the 18th thru 23rd will be verry active, which way remains to be seen.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7119 THB

Good

:D

maka?..harmonica?..harmonica?..maka?..

why is y'all chatting to y'all selves?

i had an imaginary friend when i was a kiddie!

i am now gonna get another email address and id so i can talk to myself!

hahahaaa!!!

:o:D

Yes

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

Good

hahahaaa!!!

:D:D:D

Yes

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

Good

hahahaaa!!!

:D:D:D

After that come back and post here -- one big happy family!

:D:D:D:D

I don't know the capabilities of mods here, but perhaps one of them could clear this up for my 2 amigos, chuchok and thaiaan:

Are Maka and Harmonica the same person?

Don't know if they will help or even that they can help, but I can request it!

That is my request, then!

Regards to you 2 fellas :o:D

The Baht seems to be firmly in the 39.7 range now, not dipping down to the 39.6s.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7284 THB

If she can maintian this or better till Monday .........

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7155 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7276 THB

I personally, am flatterd that some one would think my posts are up to the caliber of Harmonicas.

I don't know the capabilities of mods here, but perhaps one of them could clear this up for my 2 amigos, chuchok and thaiaan:

Regards to you 2 fellas  :o  :D

Two different IP's Harmonica. It points to you both being individuals :D

Regards to you 2 fellas   :o  :D

Two different IP's Harmonica. It points to you both being individuals :D

Thanks for the help & clarification, doc.

Yes

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

1.00 USD

Good

hahahaaa!!!

Took out both chuchok (aka Lala #3) & thaiaan (Moron par excellence! :D ) with a single shot -- done it before, several times, but the idiots keep coming back for more punishment.

:D:D:D:D

God, do I love it so! :D

thiaann and chuchok

Thank you for the oportunity to bask in glory, albeit a short lived.

It was truely an honor to be ranked with the likes of Harmonica, not to mention being considerd to be the same person.

I am honord and flatterd, keep up the good work girls. :o

Meanwhile, the Baht seems happy in the 39.7 range

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7289 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7324 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.7546 THB

thiaann and chuchok

Thank you for the oportunity to bask in glory, albeit a short lived.

It was truely an honor to be ranked with the likes of Harmonica, not to mention being considerd to be the same person.

I am honord and flatterd, keep up the good work girls.  :o

Meanwhile, the Baht seems happy in the 39.7 range

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7289 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7324 THB

1.00 USD

United States Dollars  =  39.7546 THB

Baht showing 39.75 on Bloomberg, Maka.

What worries me though, is the Yen. It was up as high as 108.76 a few days ago and then dipped into the low to mid 107's -- it is having a tough time now staying above 108 -- currently @ 107.96.

We'll see.

BTW, very impressed with how quickly Doc. Pat Pong stepped in and handled the situation. Nice to be able to kill a rumor in its infancy! :D

Happy new year everyone. I'm back from a 2 week break and i'm just shocked to see this thread still alive, although there's only 1 (or 2?) persons left talking.

Anyway, i'm going to be contrarian to the contrarians and say the Bahts going up next week. I have no charts to show for it, just a hunch.

"although there's only 1 (or 2?) persons left talking", but it's my believe that many other are still follow-up this saga...

Keep up your good work, Harmonica!

And Happy New Year to everyone.

BTW, thedude, up is where?

Happy new year everyone.  I'm back from a 2 week break and i'm just shocked to see this thread still alive, although there's only 1 (or 2?) persons left talking.

Anyway, i'm going to be contrarian to the contrarians and say the Bahts going up next week.  I have no charts to show for it, just a hunch.

Happy New Yeaqr to you too, dude!

Repeat condo_bk's question -- what does Baht going up mean to you? weaker or stronger?

1 or 2, but now we have 3 or 4?

and counting chuchok and thaiaan as lurkers we have 5 or 6. that ain't so bad, is it?

Happy new year everyone.  I'm back from a 2 week break and i'm just shocked to see this thread still alive, although there's only 1 (or 2?) persons left talking.

Anyway, i'm going to be contrarian to the contrarians and say the Bahts going up next week.  I have no charts to show for it, just a hunch.

Repeat condo_bk's question -- what does Baht going up mean to you? weaker or stronger?

and counting chuchok and thaiaan as lurkers we have 5 or 6. that ain't so bad, is it?

I lurk here also. Chime in once in a while. I hope he ment baht going up ment to 40.00 or above....????

I lurk here also. Chime in once in a while. I hope he ment baht going up ment to 40.00 or above....????

Can't be sure what he meant, Sam -- look at the title of this thread; it was started by him. I'll wait for confirmation of his meaning.

OK

Traveling over for the moment. Jet lag abated. Mind shocked.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.5583 THB

Turn my back for a few days and she slips .2 pts. Akkkk

Any one know what happend? Where we are going with this?

Yes Harmonica, I'm second that call.

For me it looks like that all dependencies that previously were working are now vanished: the SET (at ~ 660), the Yen (jumping at ~105-106), and the THB is quite steady at ~39.60.

What is the trend ?

Harmonica, we haven't heard from you in a while on this topic. What do you make of the latest goings-on in the Dollar? Looks to me like your rally stalled and now might be starting up again.

Its normal behaviour, Yangpuss. Markets in uptrends tend to go up, down, up, down etc. The declines are necessary and healthy. They become unhealthy if the previous important Low is taken out -- only then.

The dollar is in tip-top shape -- the current holdup and sloooow progress is due to the fact that it is up against huge overhead resistance. It will take it out -- don't fret; these things take time. When you're winning and a trend has been established, you can afford to take LOTS of time off -- hehehehe

The hard work was going in to buy against everybody when the trend was in transition -- and everybody (almost) thought it was going to Argentina. That work has been done. Now its just a ride to the top, wherever that might occur. Then I'll ride it to the bottom and/or extinction, whenever that might occur.

Hopefully you have not disturbed your stateside US Dollar investments?

Yes Harmonica, I'm second that call.

For me it looks like that all dependencies that previously were working are now vanished: the SET (at ~ 660), the Yen (jumping at ~105-106), and the THB is quite steady at ~39.60.

What is the trend ?

Condo, the Baht must cross 39.75 & then 40 for us to get anywhere at all. We are going to 50, but we've got to cross 40 first. The trend is right on track -- no worries. Foreigners know intuitively that the Baht is weak and that's why they've been hammering the SET Index down with daily net selling.

Pity the SET can't be shorted! Maybe Mr. T will accommodate me this year?

You're shocked? :o:D:D

It should be the other way around -- you started this thread just 4 days before the Baht bottomed out and then rose like a bullet from 38.175 to its first real resistance @ 39.75.

Then read the title of this (your) thread! ..... And you want to be contrarian to the contrarians? That would put you smack in the wildebeast camp! :D

You're dead wrong so far pal -- wake up!

OK

Traveling over for the moment. Jet lag abated. Mind shocked.

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 39.5583 THB

Turn my back for a few days and she slips .2 pts. Akkkk

Any one know what happend? Where we are going with this?

Hey amigo, I might get lucky too and make the trip sometime in the next couple months -- if you're still in the islands, I might visit en route to Calif.

Harmonica, we haven't heard from you in a while on this topic. What do you make of the latest goings-on in the Dollar? Looks to me like your rally stalled and now might be starting up again.

Hopefully you have not disturbed your stateside US Dollar investments?

Nope. Not yet. Mainly because I can't see any good alternatives right now with my very limited knowledge of this stuff.