Imported Jap Bikes

Many SR400's advertised seem to be from some import yard in BKK and have cr@ppy cardboard posters on them saying a reference number (E43 for example).

Does anyone know where this place is or if there is an area of BKK with a number of 2nd hand motorbike shops ?

I would like to travel down sometime and have more than one bike to view, without driving round loads of individual private residences.

Thanks in advance of your replies(hopefully)

:o

Dave

DTD. Was going to make the same suggestion as BigBikeBKK. Coolfusion did indeed get a very good deal on his bike and after speaking to him I understand the warehouse he got his from can get just about anything you're after.

Coolfusion's bike didn't come with a green book though....

DTD. Was going to make the same suggestion as BigBikeBKK. Coolfusion did indeed get a very good deal on his bike and after speaking to him I understand the warehouse he got his from can get just about anything you're after.

Coolfusion's bike didn't come with a green book though....

^ True, no green book yet, but Coolfusion did pay the import tax and seems to think he has all the paperwork he'll need to get a Green Book... I wish him luck and if he is successful and does get the R1 registered without too much hassle I may well consider using this outfit for my next bike.

http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/index.html

Or Google it! I always used to use Red Baron (Min Buri?) but there are Bkk residents on this forum with much more up-to-date info than mine.

Hiya Ace!

Don't think this importer is on any maps yet. Red Baron, Ramkamhaeng near Minburi, is a great shop, but they really charge a big premium for their service...

They are the pictures from Japan. Thats what my bike shop guy confirmed to me. there is a big Thai company that bring them in but good luck if you find them. i've been trying for 6 months. Allan

6 months looking Allan...really?? have you tried leaving your apartment :D

anyway...

Yes they are pics from Japan auctions and the numbers are for bidding. I have indeed found the source of importers as well as a thai person who bids on them in Japan and has them sent over.

So its not only one place that actually does it but more like a cluster of places all together and i have the run down on most of them..there is specific Harley importers and ATV importers and then a few places that import all Jap bikes.

You go in with your agent or if you speak thai by yourself although im not sure how well you will be received price wise going by yourself as a farang :D and choose your bike from a 38" screen , agree on a price and take your chances , your bike will either already be there and you can view it in little boxes or it may have to arrive from Japan , there is alot of stock there.

Now if you go through an agent as i did he will let you view your bike before you buy it ( im not sure if the importers offer the same courtesy ) he will give you a 3 month warranty on engine and 1 month on everything and he will take care of getting it put together for you and any other mod`s you may require , in my case i got a rossi replica paint job and i ordered some akrapovic exhaust slip ons and yes all at a great price , i have also received all the import documents and yes this bike can be registered 100% as i have done this before.

Let me know if anyone is interested and i can contact my agent , no time wasters please .. i have a reputation to uphold here :o