Xango

thaigerd

Strange............I was expecting some more answers from US members.

Gerd

Ya Gerd

A multi-level marketing scam. I think it was something like $50/$90 a bottle or more.. but if you can get two friends to start selling. and they get two friend's.............

Modern day snake-oil......... Just eat some fresh mangosteen's you'l get more out of them.. if you are looking for a powerful antioxidant, see if you can find a south African herb called Roobis..... 40x more antioxidants than green tea. slight bitter taste..... Google it .... but please don't get sucker'd into the Xango thing..... Snake-oil

James

Gerd -

Just as Slackjaw says.

I was floored when a lady in Anchorage tried to sell me a case - when she knew I was flying back to Phuket a week later.

Mangosteens are great - no doubt lots of healthy benefits. You can Google "xanthones".

XanGo is an American MLM scheme, based in Lehi, Utah. http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0225/068.html

- Woody

Exactly like Amway which now goes by Quixtar in the U.S. Had someone get me to try to join Quixtar. No thanks. However, Xango is a bit different than Amway always used to be (though they are now following) in that you never saw Amway advertised, only heard about it from friends (in the last year I have seen Quixtar/Amway commercials in the U.S., though). Xango is still the uniform sponsor for a professional soccer club Real Salt Lake and they do have at least one store in Salt Lake where you can just buy directly from the company. I know some who do the Xango thing and love it but it has annoyed a few of their friends, as those friends told me their great annoyance when being told about the whole membership thing and being persuaded to join. One friend didn't join but the other did and after a few months they just canceled because they didn't want to be paying $200/month for this special wonder juice.

It's not really a scam, it's just MLM and many don't like MLM because they don't want to alienate all their friends by trying to "sell" their friends on something that they should be warning them to think deeply about instead of trying to get them to join as quickly as possible without thinking about it. So, MLM, not my thing and not really a good thing to do if you want to keep friends, but it works in bringing in money for some of these companies.

Exactly like Amway which now goes by Quixtar in the U.S. Had someone get me to try to join Quixtar. No thanks. However, Xango is a bit different than Amway always used to be (though they are now following) in that you never saw Amway advertised, only heard about it from friends (in the last year I have seen Quixtar/Amway commercials in the U.S., though). Xango is still the uniform sponsor for a professional soccer club Real Salt Lake and they do have at least one store in Salt Lake where you can just buy directly from the company. I know some who do the Xango thing and love it but it has annoyed a few of their friends, as those friends told me their great annoyance when being told about the whole membership thing and being persuaded to join. One friend didn't join but the other did and after a few months they just canceled because they didn't want to be paying $200/month for this special wonder juice.

It's not really a scam, it's just MLM and many don't like MLM because they don't want to alienate all their friends by trying to "sell" their friends on something that they should be warning them to think deeply about instead of trying to get them to join as quickly as possible without thinking about it. So, MLM, not my thing and not really a good thing to do if you want to keep friends, but it works in bringing in money for some of these companies.

Thanks for your input Jimjim!

As I saw some these top sales people are making real big bucks.

Gerd