Motor Cycle Accident

kennkate

My wife's 19 year Old Son had Accident riding his girlfriends Motorcycle

His Story is that A Car pulled out A driveway stright into him .Certainly the injuries, All Left Legs would confirm that

Fact 1 No licence 2 No crash Helmets 3 Three on the bike

Son is saying car driver did not have A Licence Maybe not

Injuries were recived to all 3 on the motorcycle. Son is Girlfried & wifes 12 year old Daughter. Cuts and Bruses Nothing too serious Thankfull for that

They All went to Hospital and recived Antibiotics plus Pain killers.

The driver Aparantly has offered to pay for the repair of the motor cycle aked them how much do they want

My wife thinks thay are due some Compensation saying that the Son's Girlfriend cannot work

( she helps her mum on the mums market stall )

I know in the UK you would have to inform the Police if the accident involved Injuries (possible Insurance claim)

I know this is Thailand so I doubt the same rules apply

I ask my wife when riding the motorcycle to leave room when passing parked cars and house entrances

she just says if something comes out she will use the brake. OMG Anyway we have the string wraped around the hand grips "No have Accident" I just said Good Me happy No Accident

She says roads in Thailand not same as Uk

Well we drive on the Left so they should be. Its not the roads it's the Drivers.

Good road Safety needs Law enforcement and Education plus a Proper Test. Education should be first step.

Mother as just rode off after visiting the injured with her crash helmet in the front basket.

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN

We have now got the house full I think but dont Know it could be Insuance Co. Man wife and kids

Wife says they have some sort of Insurance Scheme From School for her Daughter.

Is it possible to Claim for the Injuries ? Take care and dont forget the String if you ride a motorcycle.

Sorry to hear about the accident. No way to know who is really to blame. Usually the biggest vehicle gets the bill.

Just what would they think if some or all had been killed ? Mai pen rai of course.

Will they ever learn, not in a million years, even if all but they in their family and village and town and province die on motorbikes in the same manner.

Guest Reimar

According to the Thailand Road Law all vehicles need to have an so named Porlabor Insurance. Since a short period, there is no more need to have that special sticker attached, and even mainly get them anymore, because at the moment you've to pay the Road Tax, you need to show an Insurance policy about that Porlabor Insurance as well and they will keep an copy of that within the Registration papers in the Land and Transport Department.

This Porlabor Insurance cover 15,000 t0 30,000 Baht for the accident victims. Baht 15,000 max for the convicted party and Baht max 30,000 for the Victims. That money is for to cover the first treatments needed by medical services.

If you din't have get the Insurance "on Table" and even didn't get a copy of the Policy of the convicted party, I would go to the police.

Cheers.

A Thai Teacher I know knocked a guy off his bike ( she says he pulled out of a drive )

He ended up in hospital with a broken leg'

She payed the hospital bill 5 grand plus 2,700 for repairs and 4,150 for loss of income.

colino

IMHO. If you are doing something illegal and have an accident with someone who is not doing anything illegal, i think the law breaking person should lose every time.

But here it seems to work the opposite, laws and such don't appear to matter, and instead who has the most money, or bigger vehicle has to pay.

Personal if i was the car driver i would not pay, unless i was being extremely reckless.

I mean what is your son in law going to do if they don't pay? Call the police? What is he going to do when they ask to see his motorbike license in order to fill out the report?

Aparantly the Visitors were The Village Head man and His Family

He told my wife to make sure the that they go back to Hospital Next week Just to make sure they are all Ok

So it wasen't the family of the car Driver. And it was the wifes mother who asked for 5000

My wife has Just been to the Local Police I went with her They have told her to report it to the main Police station

I told her if you get the police involved you will have to pay them to get anything done so what is the point

PLUS She will have to pay his Fines. No Licience. No Crash Helmet. 3 on the bike.

She said she was prepared to pay that. But the car Driver should be paying for the Injuries.

Nice to know people have to have Insurance. Cover not great but it's a start

According to the Thailand Road Law all vehicles need to have an so named Porlabor Insurance. Since a short period, there is no more need to have that special sticker attached, and even mainly get them anymore, because at the moment you've to pay the Road Tax, you need to show an Insurance policy about that Porlabor Insurance as well and they will keep an copy of that within the Registration papers in the Land and Transport Department.

This Porlabor Insurance cover 15,000 t0 30,000 Baht for the accident victims. Baht 15,000 max for the convicted party and Baht max 30,000 for the Victims. That money is for to cover the first treatments needed by medical services.

If you din't have get the Insurance "on Table" and even didn't get a copy of the Policy of the convicted party, I would go to the police.

Cheers.

Just to clarify this - PorRorBor insurance would NOT pay out in the absence of a valid driver's license.