Zzinged

Anyone else want to come? :o

Where: 'Bangkok Racing Circuit' - 13.692096,100.651953

Google maps track location

When: Session starts at 9am and runs to 12pm

How much: 300 baht for 3 hours, after 12pm 300 baht per hour

What to bring: Bike, leathers, helmet, water, self, towel

What not to bring: A hangover

If enough people go I might bring along my camera and take some snazzy action shots!

Edited by Zzinged

Surfing? In Thailand? Surely you jest! Anyway, there are normally events on Sunday, but this one happens to be free :o Here's what you should do. Go surfing at 6am, get back at 8am, and get to the track at around 930am. There!

dudes i may join, my honda dream needs a good run in and this track is perfect for it.

if i come ill bring some cameras to take action shot of all you guys getting your knee down

zzinged, you using the XJR1300 at this track? hope you have good brakes. i used my XJR at BIRA and after a couple of hot lapes the bike simply didnt want to stop anymore, overheated the brakes bigtime.

will let you know if i am definately in later in the week

Wish I was home; it's a perfect track for a CBR 150. Although those little auto scooters sure can keep up speed and you just end up worrying about your lines.....although under serious riding you start scraping floorboards fairly quickly.

And watch out for turn one-water seems to pool there and it's after the pits so can be problematic.

Wow! Good fun at BRC today! My first time and I was very pleasantly surprised by the track, bikes and riders!

041909BRC4.jpg

I know I once made some snide comments about this 'only' being a go-cart track, but even though it's a very very short track it was still wicked fun! :o

041909BRC5.jpg

It's pretty much a 1st and 2nd gear track- quite amazing to see guys on super sport liter bikes pushing hard through the tight turns.

041909BRC6.jpg

Afraid one guy pushed a little too hard...

041909BRC8.jpg

Real nice guy and he was flying around the track all morning on his R1 until he lost it...

041909BRC9.jpg

Smacked his head pretty hard and trashed his leathers and his bike. Said this was his 3rd crash on this bike... I'd say it's time for a new bike! (Or a new sport) :D Tough guy, but man, I think they should have taken him to the hospital. He couldn't walk so they trucked him off the track. Instead of going to the hospital he seemed content to rest in the back of the pickup truck and enjoy a few smokes. :D

Zzinged had a very nice camera and I can't wait to see his pics.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony, told you it was a fun track; did y'all hit the centre section or was it mostly the outer ring? Was my prediction about turn one right?

Is that R1 rider ok? Sucks seeing a bike banged up like that and hope he's not as bad off as it is.

With the exception of that KSR, don't see any bikes that were under 400 in your pics....

Yea the rider's fine. A little bruised but nothing broken. We kept mostly to the outside and didn't use the inside section of turn 1 (no chicane. From the straight into a 90 degree corner). They kept the outer most turn as a pits exit only... here's what we did today:

brcp.jpg

I'm sorting out my photos atm. Took 227 of them today.

Edited by Zzinged

Whole album here:

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/Heck...rack%2019-4-09/

Highlights:

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

That's close to as much lean as I'll get out of that thing. I was grinding the pegs on this turn a few times. Definitely no knee down unless I hang ALL of my ass off the seat :o

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

Ducati vs Ducati

IMG_6659.jpg

Suzuki vs Suzuki

IMG_6673.jpg

Before...

IMG_6683.jpg

After...

IMG_6685.jpg

But it's all good!

Congrats guys with a fun day, just a misery that I could not be there, still in fokking Africa.

Never mind I shall enjoy it soon, great photos, looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Way to go...

Haha yes I can imaging you have to hang on the outside of the XJR freighter to get yer knee down. Trent worked his ass off to get it done but no way, must been heavy going with that lump of metal on the track, well done man.

Nice suit Tony, next trip we can all leather up and go really hard in the curves, knee down all the way to Doi Inthanon anyone???

Cheers Bard

Holy cow I totally forgot to put this guy's pic up for those who didn't look at the whole album

IMG_6616.jpg

Also, I have this nice splittin headache that started when I got home and won't go away! It feels very much like the kind of headache I get when I get hungover... Bard, the XJR is surprisingly nimble. It changes direction real quick like with those wide bars. Just can't do any tight turns with it, that's all :o I'd bring it back on the track again however. It makes me feel.... mighty :D However the brakes do suck, yes indeed.

Edited by Zzinged