Carburettor Leaking

Went to give the Phantom a run this morning and noticed a small amount of fuel on the ground, traced it back up to the carburettor, whilch appears to have a leak around the bottom housing.

Anyone know of a decent Bike repair shop or Honda shop around Bang Phli where I can take it in and get it checked out. I am very close to Hua cheow (spelling) University.

Would have a look at it myself but I dont have the tools to get into the tricky area.

cheers

Freddie

First, you have to ask yourself one question... Why does my carburetor is leaking?

First this can happen if you used the wrong fuel, then the damage can be bigger then you actual think it is....

Second option you had your motorcycles serviced and maybe the service guy was thinking the float chamber casket was re-usable....

First option your carburetor is probably in a worst of then you expect, your bike is not suitable to run on modern fuels.

Second option .... go back to the shop you get the bike serviced, a casket is not that expensive...

Went to give the Phantom a run this morning and noticed a small amount of fuel on the ground, traced it back up to the carburettor, whilch appears to have a leak around the bottom housing.

Anyone know of a decent Bike repair shop or Honda shop around Bang Phli where I can take it in and get it checked out. I am very close to Hua cheow (spelling) University.

Would have a look at it myself but I dont have the tools to get into the tricky area.

cheers

Freddie

Others gave you advice on what could be the problem. I always used the Honda dealership on Sukhumvit Soi Wat Asokoram down in Samut Prakarn. Easiest way to get there from Bang Phli is to follow this map. I've only had positive experience with them and they're fairly priced to the point I've overtipped the mechanic doing the actual work because the bill was so low.