Wikipedia, Bloggers (blogspot), Unaccessable?

Seizhin

This isnt the first time, but I know my friends who were using TRUE and other connections from other part of Thailand (as well as the world), was able to access to both sides.

I had this problem for no reason, and I really had things I need to look up for in Wikipedia and a blog I wanted to update in Bloggers.

Is there any suggestion?

The whole screen just gone white when I tried to access both websites.

Thanks in advance.

I've done it, but it still appears to be having the same problem.

I'm using TT&T, Maxnet package at the moment, but I've heard that TRUE hardly had any problem like this, though the area I live in doesnt have access to TRUE due to the distance.

I've done it, but it still appears to be having the same problem.

I'm using TT&T, Maxnet package at the moment, but I've heard that TRUE hardly had any problem like this, though the area I live in doesnt have access to TRUE due to the distance.

You could also try changing your DNS servers (in Windows) see if that helps... Try OpenDNS or Level3 << I use both.

I've tried messing with a few things there, but since I've almost zero knowledge on this...

It seems I was doing it wrongly.

Many thanks and I really appreciate your effort.

Edited by Seizhin

Same problem here in Samui on Maxnet Premier. However, with a proxy it works like a charm, so I don't think DNS has something to do with it.

No access to Wiki in Chiang Mai on my Maxnet account unless i use my vpn connection to US, but works fine at my friend's house 10Km away, also on Maxnet.

Same problem here in Samui on Maxnet Premier. However, with a proxy it works like a charm, so I don't think DNS has something to do with it.

A proxy right?

I've googled for a way to apply the setting on Firefox, but sadly, it just seems that the pages were also showing a blank page.

I'd like to request for a simple explanation of how to set up the proxy in Firefox.

All help are appreciated.

A proxy right?

I've googled for a way to apply the setting on Firefox, but sadly, it just seems that the pages were also showing a blank page.

I'd like to request for a simple explanation of how to set up the proxy in Firefox.

I'm sure a mod will reply soon :o

A proxy right?

Firefox 3.x, goto Tools >> Options. Click on the Advanced button then Network tab. Under Connection click Settings... In this Window, click "Manual Proxy Configuration" and enter the proxy server address.

Yesterday and today I have not had access to Wiki. This is not the first time I have had this problem either. I'm using maxnet in Patong, Phuket.

Same for me, although usually when people complain about Wiki being blocked, it's OK on Maxnet. But today it's not working.

Also been having a lot of problems with Hotmail. But that's another subject...

And today they are both working normally.

yeah, i had wordpress working like a charm from about 7 am to 10 am this morning (after 3 days of nada), and now it's back to nothing. then i used my phone's gsm internet and no problem. i wonder if maxnet has been expanding to rapidly or something..

And today they are both working normally.

yeah, i had wordpress working like a charm from about 7 am to 10 am this morning (after 3 days of nada), and now it's back to nothing. then i used my phone's gsm internet and no problem. i wonder if maxnet has been expanding to rapidly or something..

I'm sure there's something going on - either with Hotmail, Maxnet or the Internet. (I suppose that just about covers everything! :o). But it's definitely not me or my computer!

I'm sure there's something going on - either with Hotmail, Maxnet or the Internet. (I suppose that just about covers everything! :o ). But it's definitely not me or my computer!

Despite the general slowness, youtube loads faster than ever... something is defintely weird with thai internet at the moment.

Same here, TT&T Maxnet Premier, in Pattaya NETWORK TIMEOUT

Cannot access www.wikipedia.org but can access the Google page giving me the URL

Have also not been able to access any Yahoo pages either, I need my Doonesbury

Maybe the Thai censors are protecting us again ?

Same here, TT&T Maxnet Premier, in Pattaya NETWORK TIMEOUT

Cannot access www.wikipedia.org but can access the Google page giving me the URL

Have also not been able to access any Yahoo pages either, I need my Doonesbury

Maybe the Thai censors are protecting us again ?

the thing is, it seems other isps aside from maxnet are working fine. it'd be real odd if maxnet were blocking stuff while the govt's TOT weren't... Anyway, this is very annoying.

It has been reported on many tech sites recently, that hotmail and other Windows Live services have been experiencing some 'downtime'. However, I haven't had any problems using these services. Everything is working fine on my end, including wikipedia and blogspot. Perhaps it's a problem with your ISP.

It has been reported on many tech sites recently, that hotmail and other Windows Live services have been experiencing some 'downtime'. However, I haven't had any problems using these services. Everything is working fine on my end, including wikipedia and blogspot. Perhaps it's a problem with your ISP.

I don't think it's my ISP as my Outlook Express can pick up my Gmail with no problems. It's only Hotmail that's going up and down like a tart's drawers.

I can always access the Hotmail web site using a browser - the problem I have is using Outlook Express to get to it.

Anyway, it's back again now. And it is working much faster than it used to before these problems began about a week ago.

This is why I think it is M$ themselves who are doing things with their Hotmail servers - access is either off or working flat out. I read somewhere that Hotmail are getting ready to disable the "DAV" protocol that Outlook Express uses so that everyone will be forced to use the "Windows Live Mail" utility, which IMHO is a load of cr@p. :o