Yet Another Suspicious Suicide?

sriracha john

Last l heard, Charles Sobhraj had been sentenced to life for murder in Nepal so l'd hardly say he is enjoying life at present.

The last you heard is wrong Charles Sobhraj is living in France a free man.

bartender, not any longer. :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk August 12, 2004

I am glad he is in jail.

I, like bartender, had assumed he was free and enjoying his life in France. Apparently he made the stupid move of leaving France and going to a country where he should have known that there was a high chance of him being arrested and put into jail. Stupid guy !

Cheers,

Jem

In what seems to be almost a daily occurence, one wonders if there is any end in sight:

Police probe Pattaya suicide

Published on January 28, 2005

Chon Buri - A Dutchman killed himself in a strange manner in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district, covering his head with a plastic bag containing a gas canister, police said yesterday.

At 12.30am yesterday, police received a report of a foreign suicide in a South Pattaya apartment, said Lt-Colonel Anan Thammachaikung, of Pattaya police station.

The body of Ven Eijcswijk Josephus Johannes, 47, of the Netherlands, was found lying on a bed in a third-floor room of a four-storey townhouse. His feet were tied together, and his head was covered with a plastic bag, inside of which was a canister of gas, said Anan. There were no signs of a struggle.

A friend of the deceased, Piet Spoecstra, 47, also of the Netherlands, told police that Johannes had been living off of some hotel investments in Thailand for seven years. Over the past year, Johannes complained that he had been cheated out of all his money, forcing him to subsist by collecting second-hand items to sell to junkyards. Spoecstra said he had not seen Johannes for four days, so he went to his apartment, where he found the body and called police.

Police suspect Johannes killed himself because of stress caused by his financial losses, but his body will be sent for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

I don't believe in suicide

In what seems to be almost a daily occurence, one wonders if there is any end in sight:

Police probe Pattaya suicide

Published on January 28, 2005

Chon Buri - A Dutchman killed himself in a strange manner in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district, covering his head with a plastic bag containing a gas canister, police said yesterday.

At 12.30am yesterday, police received a report of a foreign suicide in a South Pattaya apartment, said Lt-Colonel Anan Thammachaikung, of Pattaya police station.

The body of Ven Eijcswijk Josephus Johannes, 47, of the Netherlands, was found lying on a bed in a third-floor room of a four-storey townhouse. His feet were tied together, and his head was covered with a plastic bag, inside of which was a canister of gas, said Anan. There were no signs of a struggle.

A friend of the deceased, Piet Spoecstra, 47, also of the Netherlands, told police that Johannes had been living off of some hotel investments in Thailand for seven years. Over the past year, Johannes complained that he had been cheated out of all his money, forcing him to subsist by collecting second-hand items to sell to junkyards. Spoecstra said he had not seen Johannes for four days, so he went to his apartment, where he found the body and called police.

Police suspect Johannes killed himself because of stress caused by his financial losses, but his body will be sent for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

I am 100% sure it was not suicide!! What motiv he had to commit suicide??????

Every month he recieved money from a bar in Soi Postoffice.

He was manager of a bar in Soi Postoffice before but was non-activ at the moment but he still recieve money from the bar.

Joop was a very good friend of me and I chat with him 2-3 days before he died.

He came to Thailand in 1989 so he lived not 6-7 years but he lived 15 years in Thailand. He run a bar named the Jungle Bar with 3 dutch friends. After a few months the first friend stop and after a few years the other friend stop so he run the bar alone and the first floor he rent to some other Dutch guys who started a bar as well on the first floor named *The no hands bar*

After a few years he also stop with the bar because he don't want to start another contract and a dutch guy named Arjen from Boonma House get the new owner of the bar and Joop was manager then. Mr Arjen get killed in Holland.

In a later stadium miss Lai who take care of the ladies in the bar wanted to start a new bar next to no hands bar and she take Joop as manager as well because Joop was as we said her right hand.

The name of the bar was changed in * Nice with Ice* and mis Lai start also another bar in Soi Postoffice named * The Pumpstation*

Miss Lai die two or three weeks before Joop died.

Joop stil get money from the bar so what was his motiv to commit suicide.

I saw the picture in www.pattayatoday.net but it doesn't look like suicide at all.

I hear from Piet Spoelstra who was his friend and I know Piet also verywell, that all his ATM cards where disappeared, There where no bankbooks of the last years,

and lots of things more which not fit with suicide.

From others I hear you can't buy this gascontainer in every shop because its some kind of campinggascontainer used by militairy and so on, I hear that from a german friend who have a Thai wife.

When I look the photo his hands where next to his head 20-25 cm of his head, how could he put the gas in the plastic bag.

From Piet who see him first I hear there where stripes on his body.

In a Dutch Newspaper I read his feet where not tight up and the lokal Thai newspapers said he feet where tied up. There is a big wound in the top of the inside left leg [photo] how he get that????????

There was blood on the top of the matras and in the middle????

Are there fingerprints taken of the gascannister???? and DNA of himselve??

For me its unbelievable because his bankbooks are gone his atm cards are gone and nobody goes to the bank when there was taken money the last time????

Nobody goes to the telephone to find out with who he called and when was his last call, certainly because he use the telephoneline for Internet and chats.

At least they could find out when his last phonecall or connection was.

I chat with him 2-3 days before and his behaviour was normal because we chat for 2 hours. I know Joop had a strange way of living and his appartment was a mess but I always accept it because it was his way of life [living] even when I was not always agree with it.

I think that nobody ever will know the way he die but I don't believe in suicide, at least not with a plastic bag because Joop was to clever to kill himself with a plastic bag, when there are much more easyer ways to kill yourself with a few tablets.

There are to much unknown and contradictory facts to let me believe in suicide.

Anyway Joop was a very good man, a man with a good heart who is back home in Holland again where he will be cremated this week.

Me and many of my friends lost a good friend in Joop.

Ben de Laat Netherlands

Anyway Joop was a very good man, a man with a good heart who is back home in Holland again where he will be cremated this week.

Me and many of my friends lost a good friend in Joop.

Ben de Laat Netherlands

I extend my sympathy to you, bendelaat. It sounds like you lost a good friend. I'm sorry. I hope you can find out what happened to him.

:o

It always amazes me how these foreigners are able to commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head, tying a plastic bag around their heads and then hanging themselves off the balcony :o The police who insist these are suicides and not homocides either need some serious forensics lessons or thy're probably involved in killing the guy themselves. There is always something behind these "suicides"...usually some sort of drug smuggling, money laundering or some other sort of dirty business where somebody gets upset at a bad business deal and decides to take out the competition.

This stuff has been going on for the ten years I've been here. I think the International community is quietly pleased that these males are passing on and the Thais are too so long as they have invested money here or have some relation who can take over their assets. Pattaya is mafia land. Thai law seems to be against foreigners yet these guys continue to open bars there without problems. I'd even go so far as to say that some of the dearly departed were wanted in other countries but rather than deal with all the paperwork of bringing them there foreign governments took another route and got the person they wanted processed over here. Get rid of the person and all you have to do is process a little paperwork and you can relax.

I can see that...if the guy was wanted in another country he would probably be either arrested by the local cops or taken out by some rival mafia figures. Pattaya is a haven for mafia members and I suppose if a foreigner who illegally operates a bar or "massage" parlor and doesn't pay his monthly tea money will end up mysteriously killing himself and tying himself up in the process.

It's too bad Thaksin hasn't stopped corruption or cracked down on the illegal business going on around Thailand and in places like Pattaya especially. Thaksin used to be a policeman from what I heard.

Thaksin even was a FORENSIC detective.......maybee an idea for another CBS CSI -tv series spinoff.........CSI Pattaya :o:D

CSI Pattaya...Good idea. Here's a synopsis: Thaksin, our lead forensics investigator goes into an apartment with his team and finds a dead farang guy. He's been shot in the head, hog tied and has a garbage bag taped around his heck and head. Thaksin says, "He was shot before being hog tied and having a garbage bag placed over his head...well, my colleagues, this is an apparent suicide." :o

CSI Pattaya...Good idea. Here's a synopsis: Thaksin, our lead forensics investigator goes into an apartment with his team and finds a dead farang guy. He's been shot in the head, hog tied and has a garbage bag taped around his heck and head. Thaksin says, "He was shot before being hog tied and having a garbage bag placed over his head...well, my colleagues, this is an apparent suicide." :o

ROFL :D:D:D

Perhaps 'The Samaritans' can open a branch office in Pattaya, there are more than enough Farang Alcoholics that are running out of money to keep them busy.

Just take a look around Pattaya, are you in any way surprised that these fine specimens of manhood get suicidal? :o

Edited by Doctor John

Perhaps  'The Samaritans' can open a branch office in Pattaya, there are more than enough Farang Alcoholics that are running out of money to keep them busy.

Just take a look around Pattaya, are you in any way surprised that these fine specimens of manhood get suicidal?  :o

Very true - most of the guys around Pattaya look a brisk walk away from a heart attack - I'm suprised the heat doesn't kill 'em.

Perhaps the 'pregnant' look is coming back in ?

It's too bad Thaksin hasn't stopped corruption or cracked down on the illegal business going on around Thailand and in places like Pattaya especially. Thaksin used to be a policeman from what I heard.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that this man alledgedly holds an American PhD??? Shows he had money even back then... if his current English skills are any indication, no way did he write the thesis himself, but then perhaps his Texan junior college accepted it in Thai??? :D:o

Perhaps  'The Samaritans' can open a branch office in Pattaya, there are more than enough Farang Alcoholics that are running out of money to keep them busy.

Just take a look around Pattaya, are you in any way surprised that these fine specimens of manhood get suicidal?  :D

except that many, many of them don't fit into your teeny tiny, itsy bitsy

pidgeon-hole of the penny-less alcoholic ... :o

Just take a look around Pattaya, are you in any way surprised that these fine specimens of manhood get suicidal?   :o

I wonder if you include yourself in the falang alcoholic group?

Edited by chuchok

Just take a look around Pattaya, are you in any way surprised that these fine specimens of manhood get suicidal?   :o

No.

No.

Are you sure? By your own admission you have been flaying away at the keys on TV in the past in an inebriated state?