Are Visa's On Arrival Available At The Thanaleng Train Station In Laos?

Hello,

We are looking into getting a new Thai Visa from Vientienne Laos as our current tourist visa will expire in about a month. It seems that taking the train from Bangkok to Nong Khai then to Thanaleng will be the easiest.

However from what i've been reading on the train stations website it seems that the visas on arrival will be available at the Thanaleng train station at some point but as of now they aren't.

Has anyone had any actual experiance with this?

We are 23 and from Canada

Thank you, any info will be helpful

i went about a month ago.

from nong khai to thanaleng, there was really hardly any passengers, so for the visa on arrival at thanaleng train station i waited about 3-4 minutes. after that i just had jo jump into a taxi into vientianne, was about 10-15 minutes driving.

much better than before.

i guess there are some more vaiting as more people go that way, but time will show

Hello,

We are looking into getting a new Thai Visa from Vientienne Laos as our current tourist visa will expire in about a month. It seems that taking the train from Bangkok to Nong Khai then to Thanaleng will be the easiest.

However from what i've been reading on the train stations website it seems that the visas on arrival will be available at the Thanaleng train station at some point but as of now they aren't.

Has anyone had any actual experiance with this?

We are 23 and from Canada

Thank you, any info will be helpful

Yes, you can go through Thai Immigration at the Nong Khai station, wait for the train to Thanaleng, and get a Laos visa on arrival there. And there is a Thai/Laos frendship bus that is at Thanaleng station, and will take you to Vientiane for 40 baht. It is very quick, I did it a few weeks back.

Thanks for the info! When you two arrived in Thanaleng did you previous arange transportation into Veintiene? I keep reading that the new station is in the middle of nowhere and If you don't arrange transportating before hand you might end of waiting for a really long time....if you did arrange transportation could you please post who you contacted?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info! When you two arrived in Thanaleng did you previous arange transportation into Veintiene? I keep reading that the new station is in the middle of nowhere and If you don't arrange transportating before hand you might end of waiting for a really long time....if you did arrange transportation could you please post who you contacted?

Thanks again

I was told that a Laos/Thai friendship bus meets every train at Thanaleng.