Smell-too-much.

Spalpeen

Is it just me or do the locals here wear WAY too much aftershave? I've just had the wife's relatives visiting and the whole house reeks like the inside of a hoors handbag. How can I ask them politely to go easy on the chemicals?

Is it just me or do the locals here wear WAY too much aftershave? I've just had the wife's relatives visiting and the whole house reeks like the inside of a hoors handbag. How can I ask them politely to go easy on the chemicals?

Nevermind the chemicals! How many of them turned up looking as white as ghosts?

When my GF's relatives visit they all turn up with their faces covered in talcum powder! now thats funny.

More evidence of being unable to recognize or accept cultural differences. In a minute we will have someone ranting about the Eastern Europeans not using after shave or perfume.

Maybe there is a good case for farangs to leave Thailand altogether during Thai New Year celebrations (Songkran for those that haven't worked it out yet).

More evidence of being unable to recognize or accept cultural differences. In a minute we will have someone ranting about the Eastern Europeans not using after shave or perfume.

Maybe there is a good case for farangs to leave Thailand altogether during Thai New Year celebrations (Songkran for those that haven't worked it out yet).

My comment about the talcum powder worn on the face is something the thais do all year round, irrelevant to Songkran.

I think it's more to do with them trying to look whiter than us farangs.

On the contrary. Frequent washing with water is a traditional and commendable Thai custom. Hosing yourself down with industrial quantities of deodorant is not. Back to basics - wash with water, not chemicals.

Cultural differences my ar*e!

And anyone that thinks that Eastern Europeans don't overdo the aftershave has never met an Eastern European. But since EE's don't come and stink out my house they're not my concern. I woke up this morning and there was a huge hole in the ozone layer right above our house.

Lighten up NanLaew. Seems every time someone makes a comment on here you dive in with a negative dig. Its just possible that we dont all take life as seriously as you and can see the amusing sides to this existence.

Lighten up NanLaew. Seems every time someone makes a comment on here you dive in with a negative dig. Its just possible that we dont all take life as seriously as you and can see the amusing sides to this existence.

Me? Negative? Serious? I resemble that remark!!!

Me? Negative? Serious? I resemble that remark!!!

Ha ha yeah that more like it. :o