Canon Raising Lens Prices

CanInBKK

Hey guys, I was at MBK looking for a new lens for my 5D. Was asking about the 24-105L and if they could do better on price, I was told in return that Canon Thailand would be raising prices soon due to the stronger Yen.

So....does sound like something you've heard? Should I hurry and buy the lens now?

How much is right for the 24-105L/F4.0?

I was also in Fotofile a few weeks ago and got the same info. It is widely acknowledged that Canon are increasing. Buy now seems to be correct.

I'm not too sure of the 24-105 price but check their web v shop price and go for -10%

Good luck

Hanno, sell your wife or something and get the 600mm while you can. I recently destroyed my credit card to get the 300mm 2.8; quite simply the most extraordinary lens I have ever used; just beautiful images. A lens to keep for ever, as are all the Canon big teles.

How much is right for the 24-105L/F4.0?

Current price of 24-105 at fotofile is 36,500 according to their website. Whatever the price increase I bet it's still cheaper than close to 50,000 baht I bought the same lens at fotofile couple of years ago less than a year after its release. It doesn't only depend on exchange rate...

Hanno, sell your wife or something and get the 600mm while you can. I recently destroyed my credit card to get the 300mm 2.8; quite simply the most extraordinary lens I have ever used; just beautiful images. A lens to keep for ever, as are all the Canon big teles.

Was it worth the upgrade from 300/4 you had at many times the price of it?

Hard to define "worth" with something like this, but I don't regret it. My 300mm F4 was by far my best lens, but the 2.8 blows it away. Contrast, colours, sharpness; just fantastic. And of course being able to go to 2.8, and the faster focusing that brings.

It's a beast to carry around though, hard work to hand hold and I am using a monopod more than I used to.

You guys have it so cushy these days.

I remember the Isle of Man TT - Stood within touching distance and praying they missed us- Rollei TLR - 3.5F - 80mm lens - laterally inversed - Tri-X

Develop the negs on the site - courier on Motorbike to airport. In the papers the next day.

Me in the doctors getting all the gravel removed from my face and hands. Camera in the bin with shattered lens :o

Boy, what I'd have given for even a 100mm lens

How the hel_l did we survive? :D