Current Going Rates For Bangkok Gym Chains

huma79

Which gym is the overall best in Bangkok?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last week I went for a 'trial day' at California Wow, and of course they tried hard to sell me a membership. After talking with them for about 30 minutes their final offer was a family lifetime membership to use any center in Bangkok for 12,000 baht - not including Yoga OR 15,000 including yoga. Seemed like a good deal to me, but I told them I'd check out other gyms and think about it first.

What are the going rates for other gyms in Bangkok, particularly Fitness First?

Edited by huma79

Hi there,

Last month I check out California as well...I believe they quoted me at 10,000 for a year. Can't remember what the cost was with yoga. I've been really busy so I haven't been able to check out other places, I would appreciate any info on this topic as well.....

I'm considering Clark Hatch in Windsor Hotel. Sukh Soi 18. They advertise 9k per year membership. Would be nice to hear if anyone has any experience with them as i have not had the time to visit them yet.

Last year I signed up with California WOW got the lifetime membership (only costs 100B per year renewal) for 15,900.

Plus some free stuff, towel, bag as well.

Might have even better deal now but I thought that was pretty good, and I just paid my 100B to renew.

Dan

I'm considering Clark Hatch in Windsor Hotel. Sukh Soi 18. They advertise 9k per year membership. Would be nice to hear if anyone has any experience with them as i have not had the time to visit them yet.

Be careful with Cali Wow. They won't stay in business long giving away memberships like that. They've already gotten rid of hand towel service, and next on the chopping block is...

California WOW Xperience Public Company Limited. filed its AR on February 20, 2009 for the period ending December 31, 2008. In this report its auditor, Pricewaterhousecoopers, gave an unqualified opinion expressing doubt that the company can continue as a going concern.

Be careful with Cali Wow. They won't stay in business long giving away memberships like that. They've already gotten rid of hand towel service, and next on the chopping block is...

California WOW Xperience Public Company Limited. filed its AR on February 20, 2009 for the period ending December 31, 2008. In this report its auditor, Pricewaterhousecoopers, gave an unqualified opinion expressing doubt that the company can continue as a going concern.

Surface, do you have a link for that somewhere?

They called my daughter and told her she could have a lifetime membership for 1,284 baht (presumably because my wife is already a lifetime member at the 15,900 price).

I said no, even though there was nothing wrong with the price - because it was a sign to me that their demise is at hand...

Surface, do you have a link for that somewhere?

They called my daughter and told her she could have a lifetime membership for 1,284 baht (presumably because my wife is already a lifetime member at the 15,900 price).

I said no, even though there was nothing wrong with the price - because it was a sign to me that their demise is at hand...

Here it is here at the SET website:

http://www.settrade.com/simsImg/news/2009/09013664.e09

Last September, I paid 12000 baht for 3 year of all location fitness and one location yoga package. I am only interested in fitness, but they told me the package is cheaper than fitness only membership.

The way I look at this, Cali Wow is so much cheaper than all the other major chains or hotel gyms, if it goes out of business in a year, I would still have saved some baht. And after all Cali Wow is not really that bad, the equipment is adequate, much better than say JW Marriott hotel gym. Only problem I can think of is that Cali Wow gets quite crowded during peak hours, which is ok with me since I am flexible enough to avoid peak hours.

Fitness First quoted me 1,650baht per month for an 18 month contract.

How does that compare to any other offers there? Anyone have numbers for True Fitness?

I just paid a visit to True Fitness at Asok. I checked out the equipment and I must say that I was impressed (I worked out at Cali Wow on Suk 23 for 2 years) due to the abundance of equipment and immense amount of space.

Anyhow, the sales guy kept badgering me with the following offer:

a.) 1600 thb per month for a 1 year contract with no registration fee and I pay on a monthly basis.

b.) 1600 thb per month for 1 year all paid up front, and I get 3 months extra free.

c.) 1199 thb per month for 1 year if I workout on either (mon, wed, fri, sun) or (tues, thurs Sat, Sun) or before 4pm, but everyday.

The fee above entitles me to free usage of towels and and in addition to working out, I get to join aerobics for free.

While this is way more expensive than cali (I paid 700 thb per month by the time i left last year) it seems like a reasonable amount considering that the club is way cleaner, newer and the equipment will not all be hogged up during peak hour unlike cali wow. Nonetheless, since I will work at Q house Lumpini I will check out fitness first as well.

Anyone had any luck with fitness first or any experiences to share?

Can anyone recomend a gym close to Sukhumvit Soi 62? I really need to do something other than sit in the pub and drink when i get back on leave in a month. I think i pass a california Wow on BTS at thonglor or ekkamai, but if there is anywhere closer, that would be better. Dont mind how much it costs.

true fitness offers the vip black membership which is 90,000 baht for 36 months.

you get vip black priviliges.

i dont know what they are exactly, i just saw a room that said "black members only" and asked about it

cali fitness yoga + fitness is 8-10k lifetime. not sure what family membership means.

Thank you for this post. Helped a lot with bargaining. Got lifetime+yoga+all branches for B8500+vat + b100+vat annual renewal.

cali fitness yoga + fitness is 8-10k lifetime. not sure what family membership means.

Thank you for this post. Helped a lot with bargaining. Got lifetime+yoga+all branches for B8500+vat + b100+vat annual renewal.

Thats about 200GBP a year for a gym in one of BKK's most expensive areas for property, its got to be impossible for them to be making any kind of profit on that.