Pilates Sessions In Cm? Where/when?

colcol

firstly, I am grateful for board members for all advice and information you have provided. this is an invaluable resource.

my latest question is does anyone know of pilates sessions in CM? if so where and when and who to contact.

• 8 months later...

What the deuce is pilates? I have just looked up a website named pilates.com, which carries seemingly medieval apparatuses that appear to be made for the purpose of bending people into unnatural postures.

Can somebody shed some light on the subject?

Cheers, X-Pat

What the deuce is pilates? I have just looked up a website named pilates.com, which carries seemingly medieval apparatuses that appear to be made for the purpose of bending people into unnatural postures.

Can somebody shed some light on the subject?

Cheers, X-Pat

Google has a great feature. If you want to find out the definition of some word you just type in "define:pilates", with no space after the ':', and here is what you get:

----------------------------------

Definitions of pilates on the Web:

This is a technique invented 70 years ago by Joseph H. Pilates. According to The Pilates Studio, pilates (pronounced puh-LAH-teez) focuses on improving flexibility and strength for the overall body, but doesn't build bulk. Some of the first people to use pilates were legendary dancers Martha Graham and George Balanchine. More than just exercise, pilates are a series of controlled movements to engage one's body and mind. ...

www.muellercenter.rpi.edu/Glossary.asp

Strength training movements involving coordinated breathing techniques developed in Germany by Dr. Joseph Pilates during the 1920s.

www.destinationspa.com/travel_pros/spaGlossary.htm

This is a beginner class consisting of very gentle exercises done on a mat in either a sitting or lying down position. The primary focus is on awareness of the spine, proper breathing, core strength and flexibility. The outcome of Pilates training is a balanced body which is strong and supple, flat stomach, balanced legs, and a strong back.

www.lynmarclub.com/Fitness/fitness_definitions.html

is an exercise method based on the work of Joseph Pilates. Its focus is on strengthening the "powerhouse" (abs and buttocks) to execute the exercises which are designed to increase flexibility, strengthen muscles and improve posture. The method involves concentration and the coordination of breath and movement, thereby helping to balance mind and body.

www.eastendhealth.com/glossary.asp

An exercise based treatment for the spine and for overall body maintenance.

www.backpain-guide.com/Glossary_Files/Glossary_Pages/Glossary_P.html

The Pilates Method is a physical fitness system which was developed in the early 20th century by German-American Joseph Pilates. Joseph Pilates called the method The Art of Contrology, which refers to the way the method encourages the use of the mind to control the muscles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates

---------------------------------------------------

Pretty neat, huh? and one great advantage is that you don't start arguements here on TV.....of course for some people this would be a disadvantage.

firstly, I am grateful for board members for all advice and information you have provided.  this is an invaluable resource.
Pilates ?? , or do you mean Pirates ??

"The Pilates of Penzance" Gilbert and Sulliven.

I think that there is a place near the Airport... Sorry, it does not

Getting ready for Easter, no doubt?

What the deuce is pilates?

Oops... thought you were dislectic or poor speller.

Colcol, do you wish to revise or extend your above remarks?

Google has a great feature. If you want to find out the definition of some word you just type in "define:pilates", with no space after the ':'

Thank you, chownah, excellent suggestion. I wasn't aware of this Google trick.

Cheers, X-Pat