Broadband Connections Other Than True

PvtDick

Hi

We switched from True cable to TOT silver package. We used it for 6 weeks and it was down 3 times for a couple of hours. The speed varies from 7kb/s to 45 kb/s.

Usually it's 25 kb/s. Whihc is about 5 times of an analogue modem. I'm quite happy with it and it is only 700 baht. We have a USB/Ethernet modem and hooked it up to a wireless router/hub and use it on 2 computers.

kind regards

Rob Appelboom

Likewise, I am having problems with disconnects, packet loss and data freezes or latency that are causing problems with stock quotes and programs designed for higher spec internet. If I really though it would solve my problems I would consider a leased line but I am reluctant to pay for something I might not get. In my experience leased lines go down often and go through the same BKK CAT gateway that caiuses a LOT of the problems in my understanding. There sems to be no guarantee you will get the service you are paying for in terms of straight through bandwidth and freedom from the milliscond disconnest that plague TRUE broadband. I would be interested if the data disconnects are caused by the share ratio being too high and if therefore it could be solved by shifting to a SME package (1:20 rather than 1:50 share ratio) or a leasd line.

I'm using CSLOX 256/128. Contrary to their own belief, they do not provide a service that is superior to any other isp.

I've been using it since the middle of November and service has been interrupted 9 times so far (that I know of). I log all interruptions :o On one occasion, their network was down for 18 hours. All other interruptions were 1-3 hours. Speed is ok, I guess. Web browsing works pretty ok, when downloading files I get at best 25-27 KBps which is close enough to the maximum speed.

Their tech support is a joke. The most frequent replies you get from their support droids are "We don't know what the problem is, the engineer didn't tell us", "The problem is with your modem", "Try reinstalling your modem driver". I don't call their tech support anymore, it's a total waste of time.

Their customer support will not answer any of your emails, none. A thai friend of mine who is using the same service called them to complain and asked them what they are going to do to fix it. Their response was to send him a service cancellation form.

Thamks Gleen tea - saved me the bother of installing a TOT line for CSLoxinfo only to find more of the same. I was hoping they would be better as I always found CSLoxinfo 56K dial up to be the most reliable. Asianet dont have a clue about software and their ISP sems to be the cause of a lot of problems. Currently I use CSLoxinfo 56K as my main connection with 2.5MB TRUE ADSL running in the background as and always on backup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I use CSLoxinfo 56K as my main connection with 2.5MB TRUE ADSL running in the background as and always on backup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the funniest things I've seen on forums .... :o

Edited by sniffdog

I am using TOT adsl and have come to the conclusion that the local side is quite good.

At the moment I am connected to a fileshare here in Thailand and am getting 256Kb out and 256Kb in.

However try connecting to the world outside Thailand and it is quite a different kettle of fish.

Leaving TRUE may not buy you any significant advantage.

Currently I use CSLoxinfo 56K as my main connection with 2.5MB TRUE ADSL running in the background as and always on backup.

One of the funniest things I've seen on forums .... :D

SNAP! Its True though :o

To anyone thinking about using KSC, forget about it. You cannot even stay connected to them for more than 15 mins without a disconnect.

The situation is getting worse and worse...

To anyone thinking about using KSC, forget about it.  You cannot even stay connected to them for more than 15 mins without a disconnect.

Is that the fault of KSC or the company (TOT or TT&T or TRUE) who provide your network connection?

I have been using CS loxinfo since the middle of November and have no complaints.

Yes, there was one day their server was down for a few hours but that's acceptable.

I had problems connecting about 3 weeks ago and spent nearly 2 hours talking to a very helpful guy on the phone. He couldn't helpme and asked if I could take my PC to their technical support.

I turned up the next day and after about an hours work we found out that my Windows files were damaged. A reinstallation of Windows XP helped.

By the way I am now using a Wifi connection from True. I don't know if it's from a neighbour or one of the companies near here or the local school but the connection is very stable and fast. I may even cancel my Loxinfo and continue using this FREE connection. :o

To anyone thinking about using KSC, forget about it.  You cannot even stay connected to them for more than 15 mins without a disconnect.

Is that the fault of KSC or the company (TOT or TT&T or TRUE) who provide your network connection?

I dont remember using a different line for Loxinfo :o