Marriage Papers

hi, i hope someone can help me please. I am getting married to a thai national in thailand.

We are having a catholic wedding, and i need to know what paperwork i need from bangkok. Do i need a marriage licence from bangkok.

Even though a catholic wedding is recognised worldwide, i,m not sure if i need documents from bangkok

hi, i hope someone can help me please. I am getting married to a thai national in thailand.

We are having a catholic wedding, and i need to know what paperwork i need from bangkok. Do i need a marriage licence from bangkok.

Even though a catholic wedding is recognised worldwide, i,m not sure if i need documents from bangkok

This is a tough one and I'm not sure how you are going to get answers on the Samui forum.

If it's a catholic wedding, the priest should be able to organise paper work.But then the fun part starts when you have to register the marriage.

I honestly advise you to get some legal perspective on this.

Good luck.

To register a Marriage in Thailand you need an Affirmation to Marry document from your Embassy.

This has to be translated into Thai and verified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. As for the Catholic side of things? Not a clue.

A church wedding is in many countries just that, a marriage before god and not before the law. Mnay countries don't recognise it, unless it is the legal way of getting married in the country you are getting married. In Thailand it is not a legal way of getting married and has no legal meaning. Only the registration at the amphur, with the needed documents from your embassy, will see you married.

Contact your embassy to see what documents you need to provide for them to issue a statement that you are allowed to get married. Have this statement translated and then legalised at the Thai ministry of foreign affairs, consular department.

A church wedding is in many countries just that, a marriage before god and not before the law. Mnay countries don't recognise it, unless it is the legal way of getting married in the country you are getting married. In Thailand it is not a legal way of getting married and has no legal meaning. Only the registration at the amphur, with the needed documents from your embassy, will see you married.

Contact your embassy to see what documents you need to provide for them to issue a statement that you are allowed to get married. Have this statement translated and then legalised at the Thai ministry of foreign affairs, consular department.

Exactly. You must have a document from your embassy or consulate stating your eligibility to get married. Then go to the Amphur office and register your marriage. Regardless of what ceremony you involve, when marrying a Thai national you must have the Amphur document. This is the document that all government officials want to see. IE Immigration, business interests etc.