Going To Laos

Just a quick question.

In 2 months i have a friend coming visiting me in Thailand, but within that time i have to go Laos to extend my tourist visa, and i though i bring my friend there as well.

He'll come thailand 04.05 and leaves 22.05, is there something we need for his visa, that would make it easier for him to come with me? more entrys on his visa or something like that? so he won't have to pay for a new visa when we are finish in Laos...

could be something easy, but i don't know much about this, and just want to make sure

thanks

Are they entering on a visa or a visa exempt entry?

If a visa then they could get a re-entry permit at immigration (1000 baht).

If a visa exempt entry they would get 15 days when they return from Laos.

He could get a Double Entry (2 entry) Tourist Visa prior to arrival in Thailand. As you probable know, each entry is good for 60 days and you can extend that in country for an additional 30 days for a total of 90 days each entry.

I should imagine he will be entering Thailand on a Visa Exempt Stamp. He can just exit Thailand into Laos and come back again. Just bear in mind that he will only get a 15 day stamp when coming back so do not do it too early in his stay.

You probably already know that you will both need a Visa to enter Laos.

Or he could just get a 60 day tourist visa in laos same time his mate does...

Yes assuming his mate is actually going to the Thai Consulate in Vientienne to apply for a Visa. He may only be crossing the border. He does not say.

Tourist Visas are still free until June 4th.

we will go into laos about june 15. so he won/t have many days left after that trip.

i know i have to go to the embassy in vientianne, as i have done before, but i was hoping he could avoid that, and just get 14/15 more days or so automaticly? thet would be enough anyway...

basicly, would he have to apply for a double entry visa before entering thailand? if that is the case, can he do that when he come, or would he have to go to an thai embassy before departure.

OR

can he get automaticly 15 days when he come back from Laos

yes, i know both of us need the visa for entering laos, and that's ok.

thanks

He will get 15 days when he returns without a problem as long as he is from a country that can get a visa exempt entry.

If he is on tourist visa he can also go to immigration before he goes to Laos and get a re-entry permit. That would keep his entry valid until his permit to stay ends.

From your post it sounds like you have an error in your original post. It must be 22/06 for departure instead of 05.