Infrared Light

sinewave

I looked out my window the other day and saw one of those wireless cameras hanging down, someone is being nosy...as soon as i looked hey drew the camera up and i was far away from the window, so couldn't catch it in time.

can infrared light blind the camera if i have enough light output?

unless they hang an expensive cam you only need a strong spot light to bloom it.   If you can reach it with a hook, would be best to give it a strong pull.   :o   If it won't come free take a hammer to it.

<deleted> man.... thats all you got to say about it? Infrared light? Guess you spies are used to this kind of thing... if I saw a camera outside my window suddenly fly up when they noticed me looking I'd be up the stairs to the room above mine bashing on the door like an insane bull looking for a tasty piece of cow ass.

It it was a wireless camera you might be able to locate the offender via the signal when they turn it on. Since they are probably directly above you, travelling floor to floor with a laptop just look for the floor with strongest signal. Then bang on the door and tell them to fuc_k off!

If they are dumb enough to lower it again, you can probably "requisition" the camera using a pole with a wire drawstring loop on the end (like a lizard catcher :o That would be pretty funny.

Next time this camera shows up in front of your window or face... have a can of color spray ready and point it to the lens.

Than wait a few seconds until someone bangs at your door.

this might save you time running around in the house tracking down the evil spy... :o

i live on the 19th floor and there are 26 floors, so i cant guarantee where its coming from...plan: install motion sensors with infrared light...dont want a big spotlight, i might freak myself out.

infrared will blind it the same as regular light wont it?

unless they hang an expensive cam you only need a strong spot light to bloom it. If you can reach it with a hook, would be best to give it a strong pull. :o If it won't come free take a hammer to it.

if its an expensive camera it will become mine...i dare them to come and get it.

i live on the 19th floor and there are 26 floors, so i cant guarantee where its coming from...plan: install motion sensors with infrared light...dont want a big spotlight, i might freak myself out.

Who's going to pay for the infrared light? You are freaking me out with your response to this bs. The insane bull <deleted> reply came more closer to common sense than anything you are planning but the vigilante approach isn't the safest bet. Dude, what the camera voyeurs are doing is illegal, report it to the building security and police if necessary and take the proper action against the lawbreakers. Jeez.

Before you start watching the X-Files, Mission Impossible or CSI, or ask Tom Clancy or James Bond for advise-

here some technical information for your spy novel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared