Chumphon?

PatinBKk

Must agree with above you can't go wrong with Chumphon Garden hotel. If you want farang food then the farang bar opposite is ok as is Fame tours near the night market. Excellent Thai food is very near as well. Leave hotel and turn left. After the market there is a road, turn left and it is next to the songsern ferry office its called Prik Hom. Some of the best food I've eaten. You can also go and boogie on down at Papa Disco near the station. :o

Need to spend a night in Chumphoon, any ideas on basic hotels...T.V, aircon...where about...somewhere to eat and maybe a few quite drinks

Visted just recently its a easy drive from Hua Hin.

Have to say I was not very impressed so did not stay as planned and drove down to Surat Thani.

There is a famous birdwatching Raptor festival in the Autumn which is spectacular but not much else that I am aware of.

As to where to stay I suggest you check trip advisor which has recommendations from visitors and reviews.

Need to spend a night in Chumphoon, any ideas on basic hotels...T.V, aircon...where about...somewhere to eat and maybe a few quite drinks

Visted just recently its a easy drive from Hua Hin.

Have to say I was not very impressed so did not stay as planned and drove down to Surat Thani.

There is a famous birdwatching Raptor festival in the Autumn which is spectacular but not much else that I am aware of.

As to where to stay I suggest you check trip advisor which has recommendations from visitors and reviews.

You obviously were not looking in the right places. Chumphon has some beautiful beaches, great diving and some great and stunning mountains and scenery. It has everything I want from Thailand. It has excellent dining, very friendly locals and its so cheap to live there. I found it doing visa runs from HH and moved in an instant.

Forget what it was called but just before you get to Chumpon there is a very nice place on the left in amongst the trees, it is a single story long building on a little hill, set back off the road, as you turn in on the right in front of you is a building with a couple of shops [a;so off the road], you drive left, at the end of the bottom car park is a very good restaurant belonging to the Hotel the road goes right and up then right to the entrance to the hotel.

Stayed there last May, recommended by a friend that stays there often, I paid 450baht, this may have been discounted as my friends phoned and booked it, as another person at reception paid 600baht

If interested I could phone and get the name of the Hotel