Legal Importer

LivinLOS

Looking to find out from a real company with experience in this to get a firm quote. Anyone know of one ??

Seen people talking about plated legit for 100k.. But what docs are needed to achieve that ??

I do recall on another website (gt rider) ,a member named "monsterman" did point out that they import legally big bikes(i can't find the particular post right now but will post it when found)...not sure if this is all true as i have not bought from him... but the guy seems to know what he talks about on the said website.

hope that helps

mbox

Looking to find out from a real company with experience in this to get a firm quote. Anyone know of one ??

Seen people talking about plated legit for 100k.. But what docs are needed to achieve that ??

First thing to ask is, can the bike you want to import to Thailand pass the EURO 3 emissions test. If it can't, the only way to import one will be to bring it into the country in pieces, have it reassembled, and then 'buy' a Green Book from one of the provinces where Green Books are still for 'sale'.

I was at Red Baron yesterday with OnTheRock and we saw a liter bike that was just being sent off for the emissions test- you have never seen or imagined what kind of crazy contraption they strapped to the bike for this test- there were hoses, and pipes and tubes and canisters and more canisters bolted all over the place. I've never seen such a crazy set up! Really too bad I didn't have a camera handy- it was truly amazing what they have to do for motorcycles in Thailand all the while the buses and trucks and 2 strokes are still out there on the roads belching away... TiT... :o

Anyway- back to the question at hand- the only place I know of that will handle imports from beginning to end is Red Baron. They arent' cheap but they have years of experience and you are fairly certain of getting a properly registered bike in the end. Contrast that to other shops like Teera which will be happy to take your money but may never deliver the Green Book or will tell you nonsense like it's ok to ride indefinitely on a red plate...

What kind of bike are you looking for anyway?

Yamaha and Kawasaki can import most models (assuming they are EURO 3 compliant) and Suzuki is coming soon. Only Honda is still missing but they are still working on their BIG WING showroom in Bangkok so they'll enter the Thai market sooner or later.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Passing the euro 3 norm will be no problem for any bike.First of all they mount special exhausts on the bike only for the test.I saw them doing it before and they have exhausts with 2 or 3 filters build in and even if that fails money still talks.

Passing the euro 3 norm will be no problem for any bike.First of all they mount special exhausts on the bike only for the test.I saw them doing it before and they have exhausts with 2 or 3 filters build in and even if that fails money still talks.

Actually there are many new bikes that do not pass EURO 3. A couple examples I know of off hand include the Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki GTR. That's why Kawasaki is not importing those bikes into Thailand.

If I understand you correctly, all of the tubes, canisters and whatnot that they attach to test bikes is to help the bike 'cheat' the test? How strange the testers don't mind- guess a nice brown envelope with some crisp bills helps speed the test too?What a crazy system...

Actually there are many new bikes that do not pass EURO 3. A couple examples I know of off hand include the Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki GTR. That's why Kawasaki is not importing those bikes into Thailand.

If I understand you correctly, all of the tubes, canisters and whatnot that they attach to test bikes is to help the bike 'cheat' the test? How strange the testers don't mind- guess a nice brown envelope with some crisp bills helps speed the test too?What a crazy system...

Exactly what I said,why you think they otherwise would put all that stuff on the bike.The guy who does the test also told me that they have a "special way" to handle the test.Don't ask me the details as I don't know but the way they tread the throttle will make it pass or fail the test.Did you know by the way that the price to the government for the emission test is 28000 baht and if you fail the first time you can apply again but have to pay the full amount again.

All this is done because the thais see the free trade agreements as one sided.Let us export for free but if you want to import something then we will make it so difficult and expensive that you will not bother with it.Do you really think anything produced in Thailand is conform with the euro 3 norm. :o:D

Do you really think anything produced in Thailand is conform with the euro 3 norm. :o:D

Well yes, as a matter of fact, all of the Thai vehicles built for export to Europe do conform with Euro 3. Or are you suggesting that the Europeans are also bending the rules? Of course not.

Do you really think anything produced in Thailand is conform with the euro 3 norm. :o:D

Well yes, as a matter of fact, all of the Thai vehicles built for export to Europe do conform with Euro 3. Or are you suggesting that the Europeans are also bending the rules? Of course not.

Please inform which thai vehicles are built for export to europe.And then I'm not talking about BMW's since that are german vehicles which are as far as I know only assembled in thailand.

I know for a fact that the honda dream doesn't comply with the euro 3 norm,but they can still produce because they started the production when a lower standard was used and ones in production they don't need to do new tests.

Edited by basjke

Please inform which thai vehicles are built for export to europe.And then I'm not talking about BMW's since that are german vehicles which are as far as I know only assembled in thailand.

I don't know many thai brands that actually export to europe, however there are japanese brands they are mostly cars ...such as Honda, Toyota , Mitsubishi , isuzu ...some of their cars are also built for exports here...sure not really a thai brand but built here and exported to europe. Maybe Tiger Bikes export to europe too? I think kano85 mentioned something , so they must be confrom with Euro 3 too..and are a 100% Thai Brand.

mbox

Edited by mbox

Hi LivinLos,

Maybe have a look here:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...land-21952.html

It seems to be a "company" based in BKK that works on import...

Personaly, I'm waiting for a quote for a Honda Transalp "brand new"... In a short e-mail, they told me they are looking for this (not a frequent purchase...) and assure me they give a "120% legit green book" in my name and a warranty on the bike. Their first target is the "customer's satisfaction"...

As it appears, they sell "about 20 big bikes a month in Thailand :D

I never dealt with them before and know nothing about them...

I heard very good things from Red Baron and... their very good prices too! :o

Maybe it can help...

Cheers,

Gobs

I know for a fact that the honda dream doesn't comply with the euro 3 norm,but they can still produce because they started the production when a lower standard was used and ones in production they don't need to do new tests.

You said, "Do you really think anything produced in Thailand is conform with the euro 3 norm. :D:D "

I said yes of course, vehicles built in Thailand for export to Europe do conform to Euro 3...

Now you want to know what "Thai" vehicles are built for export to Europe? You mean Thai brands? I haven't a clue. Somebody mentioned Tiger- based on your previous statement I thought you were talking about vehicles produced in Thailand, not brands. Whatever- Honda, Toyota, Benz, BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, etc. all build vehicles right here in Thailand that fully comply with Euro 3.

Happy Trails!

Tony

You said, "Do you really think anything produced in Thailand is conform with the euro 3 norm. :D:D "

I said yes of course, vehicles built in Thailand for export to Europe do conform to Euro 3...

Now you want to know what "Thai" vehicles are built for export to Europe? You mean Thai brands? I haven't a clue. Somebody mentioned Tiger- based on your previous statement I thought you were talking about vehicles produced in Thailand, not brands. Whatever- Honda, Toyota, Benz, BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, etc. all build vehicles right here in Thailand that fully comply with Euro 3.

Happy Trails!

Tony

You are right I formulated my question in the wrong way.All the brands you mention are foreign brands and they all build vehicles conforming the law because they need to export to Europe so why should they change the norm for vehicles sold in thailand.We can discuss about this for a long time but I know and I'm sure you also know that thailand uses different standards for foreign and domestic products.