Advice On Getting A Stall On Sunday Walking Street

vernonschmiddy

And might I suggest that it would be a good idea to have your work permit with you when seling your wares (unless of course you are just gonna just sit and watch a a card carrying native of the realm doing the selling)

Not quite sure what you really mean by"card carrying native of the realm doing the selling". The selling will be to Thais who trust Thais .Unlike farangs selling to Thais who don't trust farangs.So I do not have a problem with "the card carrying native of the realm doing the selling" .My questions was purely about who I speak to for permission to open a stall on the Sunday Walking Street. I am sure that if someone gives me the information that I need, which pure and simple asked "Does anyone know who I should approach?" then I would assume that they will mention "the card carring native of the realm seller".Thanks for your help and your advice...

Just ask a stall holder who's the guy to speak to for a spot... be sure to buy something first though :o

If you get one, probably best to stay out the picture as you've a good chance off peeing off the locals (farang taking Thai money), not to mention work permits.

How ridiculous, the Thais do not care about whom is selling what to whom. You need a work permit if you want to work. That is the law.

Why would you nickle around with a stall on walking street? What's next? A table at The Rimping with beads and trinkets?

What the Thai government frowns on is foreigners doing businesses that they should not be doing.

If it was for your Thai partner that wants to keep busy, I would say that that was another case. Let your partner do the walking.

How ridiculous, the Thais do not care about whom is selling what to whom. You need a work permit if you want to work. That is the law.

Why would you nickle around with a stall on walking street? What's next? A table at The Rimping with beads and trinkets?

What the Thai government frowns on is foreigners doing businesses that they should not be doing.

If it was for your Thai partner that wants to keep busy, I would say that that was another case. Let your partner do the walking.

Can you tell me 'getgoin' who to talk to about getting a table at Rimping to sell some beads and trinkets, but I also have gazasthahagens

Can you tell me 'getgoin' who to talk to about getting a table at Rimping to sell some beads and trinkets, but I also have gazasthahagens

Can any one give me some advice on who to talk to in Chiang Mai Government or other, to procure a stall space on the Sunday Walking Street.

My wife who is Thai applied for a stall last year. Here is the phone number of the office: 053-213-468. Last year, the name of person in charge was Mae Nay. Last year there was a very, very long waiting list. So what my wife ended up doing was going to one of the wats that connect to a walking market street and renting a space there. For that, she had to go to the wat on the day of the market and find the person in charge. It was extremely inexpensive. 50 baht for the day.

Usually there is a major lessee who rents out the space from the Rimping or The Kad Farang and they get the minor vendors. This way the center does not have to deal with many individuals.

Sorry about your gazasthahagens but I think you can get some cream for them at the Loi Kroh Clinic.

Can any one give me some advice on who to talk to in Chiang Mai Government or other, to procure a stall space on the Sunday Walking Street.

My wife who is Thai applied for a stall last year. Here is the phone number of the office: 053-213-468. Last year, the name of person in charge was Mae Nay. Last year there was a very, very long waiting list. So what my wife ended up doing was going to one of the wats that connect to a walking market street and renting a space there. For that, she had to go to the wat on the day of the market and find the person in charge. It was extremely inexpensive. 50 baht for the day.

Thankyou cozumelito very much for your welcomed advice..You have answered my request!!

Just ask a stall holder who's the guy to speak to for a spot... be sure to buy something first though :o

If you get one, probably best to stay out the picture as you've a good chance off peeing off the locals (farang taking Thai money), not to mention work permits.

Thanks for the positive reply. It is most welcomed!

THe only spots are like 3 streets over and two down from the main now. I also HATE the vendors in the middle now, it was already cramped enough!

BTW if you live out in Sam Kampaeng they have a Saturday night walking street which is nice.

Thanks for that also.I live near Wat Jed Yod but Sam Kampaeng could also be good. Appreciate the suggestion :o

THe only spots are like 3 streets over and two down from the main now. I also HATE the vendors in the middle now, it was already cramped enough!

BTW if you live out in Sam Kampaeng they have a Saturday night walking street which is nice.

Thanks for that also.I live near Wat Jed Yod but Sam Kampaeng could also be good. Appreciate the suggestion :o

Thanks for your help all.I now have the info I need so this topic has been addressed.