That New Brazilian Churrascaria In Front Of The New Mall

Jingthing

Looked at this place tonight, not impressed.

One river shrimp, 4 chicken drumsticks, some sausage and 2 indeterminate meats twirling on the grill. Salad bar looked fresh, but limited at the price.

No thanks

kdf

Indeterminate meat/mystery meat lol

I wonder if it looked like the same meat as the kebab places dotted around town. If someone could take a few pics I am sure that it would be appreciated by all. But 1k baht for mystery meat sounds a bit pricey.

Here is a blog with pictures about Montana Grill, one of the better Churrascerias in Sao Paulo. This is how it is supposed to look!! :o

Edited by Phil Conners

Looked at this place tonight, not impressed.

One river shrimp, 4 chicken drumsticks, some sausage and 2 indeterminate meats twirling on the grill. Salad bar looked fresh, but limited at the price.

No thanks

kdf

you failed to report about the dancers. Can someone go and take pictures?

1000 baht? i aint poor and certainly no cheap charlie but 1000 b for some meat on a stick? well each to his own. :o

Given how trendy Pattaya is trying to become, I'm not surprised that something like this would show up. The thing that surprises me is how many repondents on this post think that it's acceptable to pay more than my room costs a day for some food, no matter how trendy.

1000 baht? i aint poor and certainly no cheap charlie but 1000 b for some meat on a stick? well each to his own. :o

Given how trendy Pattaya is trying to become, I'm not surprised that something like this would show up. The thing that surprises me is how many repondents on this post think that it's acceptable to pay more than my room costs a day for some food, no matter how trendy.

move to a more trendy room then.... :D

There are much more expensive restaurants in Pattaya, what's the big deal? Its not an everyday thing except for rich people or two week millionaires. Haven't you ever had a splurge? Nobody is making anyone spend more than 30 baht for a meal here, its a choice. Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Regardez! C'est un chaseur de ballon n'est-ce pas?

Regardez! C'est un chaseur de ballon n'est-ce pas?

dies ist ein englischsprachiges Forum, also bitte....!

Okay, chiming in!! I didn't know this place was there, and I live next door to Central Festival!! I work too much...

Anyway, I love these kinds of restaurants. I've enjoyed these places in Charlotte NC as well as Chicago IL. All I can say is, if the quality is as good here as there, wear loose pants when you go. You'll be glad of the extra room. You can literally eat yourself sick in these joints.

I will for sure check this out. The price point is not unreasonable AT ALL for a churrascaria, and I don't mind guinea-pigging it (hope that's not on the menu!) and bringing back a report. However, I'm out of town this weekend, so it will likely have to wait until after 4 May...unless I can get in there tonight or Thursday...hmmm.....we'll see.

Thanks for bringing this up. Sounds great!

There are much more expensive restaurants in Pattaya, what's the big deal? Its not an everyday thing except for rich people or two week millionaires. Haven't you ever had a splurge? Nobody is making anyone spend more than 30 baht for a meal here, its a choice. Next ...

Just love you Yanks, see you every morning sitting in Starbucks spending 100 Bht on a coffee, and as for 1000 Bht on Brazilian Kebabs outstanding. Next......

• 1 month later...

As i was travelling past this place yesterday, I noticed

there were workmen and looks like they were stripping the place out ? :)

Dont tell me its closed already.................?

Another famous restaurant to be closed is the duck restaurant

near the entrance to Walking Street and it was there for more

than 20 years.......same thing there.......inside being gutted ?

What is happening ????

As i was travelling past this place yesterday, I noticed there were workmen and looks like they were stripping the place out ? :D

I think I predicted this in my first post on this thread...surprised it lasted a whole month! Never say anyone in the place, worst tourist market in a decade, many locals are also cutting back a bit, so places with B1000 buffets are not really the type of places to open at the moment..just look at Cherry's...great meals and buffets for B 250-B 300 and full most nites.

Crappy location as well...not convenient to anyone except the few tourists cruising beach road and most of them are looking to dine on another type of meat :)

I would assume it's one of those empty spaces fronting the mall on the beach road side that are still part of the mall (but not inside it. You confused many saying it was "outside" the mall)

That's great. Perhaps some of the guys (and girls) too scared to enter the mall due to its pending collapse will chance dining there. :)

Just love you Yanks, see you every morning sitting in Starbucks spending 100 Bht on a coffee, and as for 1000 Bht on Brazilian Kebabs outstanding. Next......

I am sure you see people from many other countries as well who are sitting in Starbucks everyday spending 100 baht on coffee who feel 1,000 is a lot of money for dinner in this country. I do too, and I do not sit in Starbucks ever.

Friday a week ago the vw bus bar was yet closed and the closest hooch was the Z bar or Zito bar that is part of the Brazilian bar b que.

My bartender had just had a z carved into his hair so I hope they stay open for a few more weeks on his account.

Good Mojhitos, but way too pricey. The skewers had many more meats on them then the last time I looked, 7 or 8 and even some customers. No dancers yet so I volunteered.

Worked out OK someone bought me a drink to stop, coulda been the guy with the Z.

Just as I was about to over spend on another mojhito my traveling partner and bail money holder nudged me to notice that the VW bus bar was open. So we were happy sipping less good, but still acceptible,

mojhitos for one third the price. Someone may point out that it was raining and the vw bus bar is outside, but I refer them back to the phrase one third the price.

kdf

It's the wide choice of restaurants in all price ranges which makes Pattaya a special place to be. Not everyone wants to eat off food carts all day everyday.

I like to treat myself to an expensive (for Thailand), higher quality meal every now and then. You only live once.

BTW, I'm not a Yank. It's not only yanks who spend more than 30 baht on a meal.

As i was travelling past this place yesterday, I noticed

there were workmen and looks like they were stripping the place out ? :)

Another famous restaurant to be closed is the duck restaurant

near the entrance to Walking Street and it was there for more

than 20 years.......same thing there.......inside being gutted ?

What is happening ????

It is NOT closed!