Is The Foriergn Affairs Government Office In Phuket Open Yet ?

TheWizardofRnR

A few months back the Phuket Gazette ran a story that a That Foreign Affairs Office would be opening in April or May

This is the office where you go to have your marraige papers ok'd ,before you go to the Amphur to register...

Has anyone knowlrdge on if, or when the office is opening .The PG didn't give a location. Anyone out there know it ?

The USA Embassy in Bkk said only my wife needed to present our papers to this office in Bkk ,but at the office they

told the bride to be , that I needed to be there too ! Or have a Power of Attorney.

Anyways we're waiting for this office to open here in Pkt.rather then going to BKK.

Any news , much appreciated !

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping they will be able to issue & renew Thai passports. The annual chaos at the school or shopping centre when they visit Phuket is quite amazing. A couple of years ago I got passports for my kids & there was a large crowd waiting to get in before they opened. However, once we actually got to the processing stage, it was basically one stop at a desk with a girl operating a computer who took all the details, recorded fingerprints, took the photos, after which we paid at another desk & on our way. This part took perhaps 15 minutes but it was wading through the crowd, filling out initial paperwork & then waiting for the operator which took about two hours. Passports were then delivered to our home in under two weeks.