60 Day Visa

My 12 months non Imm type O visa expired on the 3nd of March, I went out of Thai and returned on the 2nd of March that then gives me another 90 days to get another visa, I have this from the Thai Imm, do I have to go out by air for the 90 days to apply or can I go by land to Loa, I want to get a 60 day visa, to give time for my money to be in a Thai bank for three months so I can apply for a retirement visa.

You only need the money in the bank for 2 months for the first appication.

I don't understand your question about the 90 days to apply. And leaving by land or air.

If you go to Laos for a visa it would be best to get a single entry non immigrant O visa. You can get it with no problem in Vientiane. That way you would not have to do a change of visa status.

You seem to have used your last entry on your expired visa - you should have received a stamp for 90 days when you returned on March 2. That is the last entry you can make with that visa. If money has been in account for 2 months before your current permitted to stay stamp expires you can do your first retirement extension of stay without another exit. If you need to obtain more time you can go to Vientiane by land to obtain a tourist visa. But that would require extra step of conversion to non immigrant before extension for retirement could be made.