First Commercial Flights Suvarnabhumi With A 380

ALFREDO

Airbus A 380 first commercial flights to/from BKK.

Who books now, (I think there is a deadline end of April for discounted prices) can book EMIRATES first flights BKK to/from Dubai with Airbus A380 starting 18 or 19.6.09.

Onwards to Europe with B777 and B777ER from 27.000.- Baht incl. 3 month Ticket, from Europe 540.- Euro incl.

Edited by ALFREDO

Airbus A 380 first commercial flights to/from BKK.

Who books now, (I think there is a deadline end of April for discounted prices) can book EMIRATES first flights BKK to/from Dubai with Airbus A380 starting 18 or 19.6.09.

Onwards to Europe with B777 and B777ER from 27.000.- Baht incl. 3 month Ticket, from Europe 540.- Euro incl.

EMIRATES starts flying the 380 between Dubai and BKK from June untill the end of the year.

EK-372 Dubai to Bangkok 09:40 - 19:00

EK-373 Bangkok to Dubai 21:30 - 00:40

It is only untill December and i'm on it :o

-merijin-

When you look to the Website, www.emirates.com they start mid. June with the flights,

I booked and could not see one A 380 flight Dubai-BKK-Dubai in the first two weeks of June.

-Bigsnake-

I do not think so in June!

The 777ER which is normaly flying on that day, at least twice Dubai-Bkk-Dubai, or more? has the cheapest booking classes (onwards to Europe and from Europe) also still available until mid June when there are than 30% more seats available as one of this daily flights changes to the A 380.

So I would think, plenty of space on this flights, sorry Bigsnake.

I pity anyone arriving when one of these massive birds arrives. It will be be a real madhouse when the already slow immigration counters have to process the additional 600-800 people per plane when A380 arrivals become commonplace :)

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

I pity anyone arriving when one of these massive birds arrives. It will be be a real madhouse when the already slow immigration counters have to process the additional 600-800 people per plane when A380 arrivals become commonplace :D

Luckily i fly Business Class :) so more then enough space in the big bird and have personal assistance in Bangkok so no waiting for me :D

ALFREDO you are correct the plane is not starting from 1 June but somewhere in the beginning of June but don't know exact the date.

I pity anyone arriving when one of these massive birds arrives. It will be be a real madhouse when the already slow immigration counters have to process the additional 600-800 people per plane when A380 arrivals become commonplace :)

sorry, don't agree with you. 777-300 holds 350+ people. The EK a380 has the folllowing configurations...

Passenger capacity 3 class - 489 Ultra Long Range & 517 Long Range

2 class - 600 Medium Range

Below is the link to the seat-map for the 3 class that service on the Bangkok route...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_...Airbus_A380.php

Basically 150 more passengers, far from 800 that you might see when some charter airline rolls out the service.

sorry, don't agree with you. 777-300 holds 350+ people. The EK a380 has the folllowing configurations...

Passenger capacity 3 class - 489 Ultra Long Range & 517 Long Range

2 class - 600 Medium Range

Below is the link to the seat-map for the 3 class that service on the Bangkok route...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_...Airbus_A380.php

Basically 150 more passengers, far from 800 that you might see when some charter airline rolls out the service.

Forgot to add, everything I have read says the service starts on June 1?

the Dubai-based airline today announced it will introduce the revolutionary product to Bangkok, effective 1st June 2009.

The initiative is perfectly timed to support the Thailand government’s efforts to revive the tourist industry after last year’s closure of Bangkok's international airport.

The new Emirates service represents the aviation world’s first A380 operation to Bangkok and promises to usher in a whole new, luxury air travel experience to/from the Kingdom.

The existing EK 372/373 daily service will be operated by Emirates’ A380. EK 372 departs Dubai at 09:40 hours, arriving in Bangkok at 19:00 hours. It turns around as EK 373 departing Bangkok at 21:25 hours and arriving in Dubai at 00:30 hours the following morning.

Sorry,

I only looked for flights BKK-VIENNA-BKK and I do not know why, but the system showed me only A 380 flights to/from Dubai, starting mid. June as possible connections.

Anyway also this connection have a long waiting time.

Definitvely, they start that A 380 service on 1. June to/from Dubai.

To the 800 passengers on the A 380, this is a Tourist class only configuration which will be maybe used inside Japan and I read also, the Argentine? AUSTRAL ordered the A 380 with 800+ seats.

Have a nice flight.

-merjin-

Business Class, you rich, lucky bastard :)

Sorry,

I only looked for flights BKK-VIENNA-BKK and I do not know why, but the system showed me only A 380 flights to/from Dubai, starting mid. June as possible connections.

To the 800 passengers on the A 380, this is a Tourist class only configuration which will be maybe used inside Japan and I read also, the Argentine? AUSTRAL ordered the A 380 with 800+ seats.

Have a nice flight.

-merjin-

Edited by bkkjames

-bkkjames-

You did not really reply to anything, so maybe a mistake happened,

but, if you look same on your shown picture-so a little same me,

than I hope you take not the seat next to me. :)

-bkkjames-

You did not really reply to anything, so maybe a mistake happened,

but, if you look same on your shown picture-so a little same me,

than I hope you take not the seat next to me. :)

well I was gonna say the a380 is not on the vienna route so.... but nevermind.

I can tell that on June 1, it arrives and will return to Dubai full of passengers.

Sorry,

Have a nice flight.

-merjin-

NO, Company pays. :D

-bkkjames-

Yes, the A 380 BKK-Dubai flights have not a good connection with the Vienna flight,

coming from Vienna you have a night at the airport, the other way I did not check,

possible same problem.

-merjin-

so, Business class you (rich) enough money-lucky bastard :)

Lol........

with the string of mis haps they have had of late.......... its clear u need to bring ur own parachute.

Its clear to me they have very glaring issues in training and monitoring of their cockpit crew which most likely works under the motto of " In-Sha-Allah"

They might have the best aircraft, but at the end of the day is the guys up front which screw it up

p.s. just google-d it, came up with more than expected.......

-recently in Melbourne - wrong weight keyed into computer

-recently in Toulouse ( wrote off an brand new AC ) - opps, did not fully under stand how the aircraft work ( p.s. Pilot that go to pick a new AC are usually very senior !! )

- Johannesburg ( i think)..

anyone one to add to the list ?

That they totala brand new AC in Toluse, tells volumes about their senior pilots

Edited by skippybangkok

'skippybangkok'

Than you should not fly at all Mr.Skippy and hopp, hopp, hopp (Skippy was a TV series with a Kanguruh),

jump and not fly wherever you want to get.

Everywhere, also with a good Airline something can go wrong,

I remember the Lauda Air Boeing 767 accident from Hongkong-BKK-VIEnna 1991, a completely new plane

and it went down with a never heard off problem.

The engine (at least on one side) went-deployed in reverse mode.

So, I not fearless, but I had a not so bad life-that life get in an upturn now anyway-so an accident is not really threatening me.

I have a good insurance policy and my children will be taken care off with that.

Have a nice flight everybody.

'skippybangkok'

Than you should not fly at all Mr.Skippy and hopp, hopp, hopp (Skippy was a TV series with a Kanguruh),

jump and not fly wherever you want to get.

Everywhere, also with a good Airline something can go wrong,

I remember the Lauda Air Boeing 767 accident from Hongkong-BKK-VIEnna 1991, a completely new plane

and it went down with a never heard off problem.

The engine (at least on one side) went-deployed in reverse mode.

So, I not fearless, but I had a not so bad life-that life get in an upturn now anyway-so an accident is not really threatening me.

I have a good insurance policy and my children will be taken care off with that.

Have a nice flight everybody.

I stand corrected........ :D

Apparently the ground technician from ETIHADwith a frog in the other seat.

And a second bow........ it was ETIHAD not Emerates :D:)

Accident Report

pics

Crash Pics

Edited by skippybangkok