Maya, Zbrush & Graphic Art

eek

Anyone know if there are any advanced courses available in Maya, Zbrush and/& 2d Graphic Art (photoshop & Illustrator) in Chiang Mai?

CMU?

Google is not my friend in this.

(Oh, and in theory i could get by on a Thai language based program, but only if the tutor can speak English.. I just dont have the vocab to ask/explain any problems im having in Thai)

Many thanks.

..just a quick question for those who may know. The Tuskers computer club, is that really more about hardware then software, or what? What actually goes on at the computer club? Tnx.

I play around with Photoshop, eek, but I'm not familiar with the other programs. What are you trying to accomplish? Something for sale, or just your own amusement?

Although there are literally millions of different options with photo altering programs I find I only use a handfull... but I use those a lot.

My neighbour uses Photoshop professionally and if I have a problem I usually ask him, but most often I've learned what I know just by fooling around trying different options.

Well...Im professionally trained in Maya and work in 3d. But, i find being out of the loop im falling behind. I still mainly use Maya 6.5, which is far behind in itself. I have good knowledge in photoshop, and free-hand 2d, but thinking to expand my knowledge of 2d applications to give me a wider scope in graphics.

I do try to update my skills via tutorials and studying from home, but im missing the support and hands on approach a college/course environment offers. I would like to be around like-minded people who have similar interests for mutual support and to network/make friends. So not actually looking for an individual tutor. I can (and do) tutor myself ongoing, but its just not the same as being in an environment where you get inspiration, help, and feedback.

Im not sure if I will stay in Thailand ongoing either. If I decide to move to another country I want to make sure I have a decent upgraded showreel and portfolio.

Would be nice if CM has something like this available. ..?

Edited by eek