Do Not Subscribe To Hutch

prospero

Three weeks ago, I made a huge mistake. My TOT internet service was so bad, I thought there couldn't be anything worse, so I went to the Hutch shop near Tutkom and purchased their EV-DO service. It cost me 5000 baht for the lollypop modem and I had to agree to an 18 month contract at B999/month. The salesman told me it would certainly work in Jomtien. For sure? For sure!

It doesn't.

My download speed is 0.28 MB and my upload is a microscopic 0.02! Even TOT wasn't that bad!

I phoned the service number and complained. Waited forever.

Now the company says that in Jomtien they can't provide full service. I have to share the bandwith with all the other customers who live in the area!

I am trying to get out of my 18 month contract, but that is an uphill battle. TIT

The bottom line is don't subscribe to Hutch and don't believe their sales people.

Liars.

Some thing is wrong there .I also live in Jomtien near Soi 10 on the 6 th floor .I also have Hutch .My speeds are ,downloads 11.97 MB ,and uploads 2.41 MB .

Thats the present reading and its always around the same .

I have Hutch around 6 months now and paid 16,000 baht for the modem and one year service . Before i was depending on Mama Wifi ( as i do not want a land line ) and the service was horrible cutting out every 10 minutes or less .Hutch has been great for me so far . :o

Some thing is wrong there .I also live in Jomtien near Soi 10 on the 6 th floor .I also have Hutch .My speeds are ,downloads 11.97 MB ,and uploads 2.41 MB .

I have Hutch around 6 months now and paid 16,000 baht for the modem and one year service . Before i was depending on Mama Wifi ( as i do not want a land line ) and the service was horrible cutting out every 10 minutes or less .Hutch has been great for me so far . :o

i agree wholeheartedly with Thaifan and have the same deal as he does

having moved out to the wilds of Mabrachan Lake area, Hutch has been a life saver for me

out here where i live, there is no phone line available, no cable. no service, period

the only other options i had were solomon, which i do have on a second machine for the kids but i find it is very slow

i have been so impressed with the service from Hutch i actually went back to the shop the OP refers to and thanked them for a great service

whilst i am sorry he has a problem with his, his blanket criticism of the Hutch service generally in my view is unwarranted, at least in my case...........

My Speedtest result for this morning.

Download: 0.09 Mbs/sec

Upload: So slow as to be unmeasurable.

Many cut outs.

Three weeks ago, I made a huge mistake. My TOT internet service was so bad, I thought there couldn't be anything worse, so I went to the Hutch shop near Tutkom and purchased their EV-DO service. It cost me 5000 baht for the lollypop modem and I had to agree to an 18 month contract at B999/month. The salesman told me it would certainly work in Jomtien. For sure? For sure!

It doesn't.

My download speed is 0.28 MB and my upload is a microscopic 0.02! Even TOT wasn't that bad!

Now the company says that in Jomtien they can't provide full service. I have to share the bandwith with all the other customers who live in the area!

I am trying to get out of my 18 month contract, but that is an uphill battle. TIT

The bottom line is don't subscribe to Hutch and don't believe their sales people.

Liars.

Thankyou for the warning, Hutch was on my list for if ever things went wrong, but the 18 months contract, well puts me off. Would'nt be so bad if it was 12 months like everywhere else.

I have Hutch around 6 months now and paid 16,000 baht for the modem and one year service . Before i was depending on Mama Wifi ( as i do not want a land line ) and the service was horrible cutting out every 10 minutes or less .Hutch has been great for me so far . :)

i agree wholeheartedly with Thaifan and have the same deal as he does

having moved out to the wilds of Mabrachan Lake area, Hutch has been a life saver for me

out here where i live, there is no phone line available, no cable. no service, period

the only other options i had were solomon, which i do have on a second machine for the kids but i find it is very slow

i have been so impressed with the service from Hutch i actually went back to the shop the OP refers to and thanked them for a great service

whilst i am sorry he has a problem with his, his blanket criticism of the Hutch service generally in my view is unwarranted, at least in my case...........

Speedtest 29 April @ 6 PM

Download: 0.32 mbs

Upload: Too slow to measure.

All this for a 5000 modem purchase and 999 Baht/month service fee!

What more could you ask?

It doesn't.

Liars.

Thankyou for the warning, Hutch was on my list for if ever things went wrong, but the 18 months contract, well puts me off. Would'nt be so bad if it was 12 months like everywhere else.

my contract is for 12 months

my service fee is inclusive for the 12 months

after that i pay 999 a month, if i wish to continue

Two years ago when Hutch first offered the EV=DO service in Pattaya I asked about it and they sent a tech over to my house to verify it would work. free of any commitments. I was already a user on the slower CDMA 2000 system. I did not take the EVDO as I was getting ready to move to Rayong and they do not have EVDO here but I have been a user now for three years and their service is almost perfect. It's not fast but it always works and I the one time it was down here I called their help line and within a short time I was up again.

Good system and good service

Sorry you have issues

>>Thankyou for the warning, Hutch was on my list for if ever things went wrong, but the 18 months contract, well puts me off. Would'nt be so bad if it was 12 months like everywhere else. <<

They have 12 month contracts if you ask for one .

>>WOW! got to be bad if it makes TOT look GOOD. Thanks for the headsup. <<

Its far better that TOT ,its just that the op is mouthing off without getting back to Hutch to sort out his problem .Hutch is great for me ,no problems in 6 months

Edited by Thaifan2

>>Thankyou for the warning, Hutch was on my list for if ever things went wrong, but the 18 months contract, well puts me off. Would'nt be so bad if it was 12 months like everywhere else. <<

They have 12 month contracts if you ask for one .

>>WOW! got to be bad if it makes TOT look GOOD. Thanks for the headsup. <<

Its far better that TOT ,its just that the op is mouthing off without getting back to Hutch to sort out his problem .Hutch is great for me ,no problems in 6 months

How do you know I haven't got back to Hutch to sort out my problem? Are you psychic? I have called Hutch several times (waited forever for a live human voice). I went to their office on South Pattaya Road. The best they can say is that MAYBE they have sold too many subscriptions and don't have the bandwidth to cope. That strikes me as dishonest. They get lots of money and their subscribers have to cope with impossibly slow service.

The Speedtest numbers don't lie.

Believe me, Thaifan, I couldn't be happier that you are in love with your Hutch Service. It warms the cockles of my heart every time I think of you happily downloading and uploading away. Just don't try to tell me that I'm "mouthing off". I have legitimate complaints, and I'm not the only one.

Edited by prospero

>>I went to their office on South Pattaya Road. The best they can say is that MAYBE they have sold too many subscriptions and don't have the bandwidth to cope. <<

The bandwidth can not be the problem as i get good service in Jomtien .Either your modem is faulty or you live some where there is some obstruction to the signal .

You will have to get them to send out a techican and please ask nicely ( as you will get a better result )

• 2 weeks later...
>>I went to their office on South Pattaya Road. The best they can say is that MAYBE they have sold too many subscriptions and don't have the bandwidth to cope. <<

The bandwidth can not be the problem as i get good service in Jomtien .Either your modem is faulty or you live some where there is some obstruction to the signal .

You will have to get them to send out a techican and please ask nicely ( as you will get a better result )

The Hutch office on Pattaya Tai has admitted it cannot provide adequate service to the Jomtien area and is giving a full refund on their modem and service. If you are experiencing the terrible service I describe (upload so slow you can't talk on Skype) you should go there with your modem, passport and bankbook. They will give you your money back. Talk to Kai.

Edited by prospero

I have Hutch around 6 months now and paid 16,000 baht for the modem and one year service . Before i was depending on Mama Wifi ( as i do not want a land line ) and the service was horrible cutting out every 10 minutes or less .Hutch has been great for me so far . :)

Are you sure, 12MB connections are not available even ADSL like True etc. Also EVDO is not capable to those speeds quoted. More like 1.197MB down ?

• 4 months later...

Hutch are typical of any company that tries to sell anything connected with IT in Thailand.

THe staff are untrained, incompetent and ill-informed.

They are under pressure to sell, sell. sell and there is absolutely no customer service. getting your money back is only part of the solution - it all takes time - and what in hel_l's name did they sell the service for in the first place, when even a basic bit of training would have avoided this - but they simply don't care - grab the money and run appears to be their motto.

I have actually had a Hutch account for 2 years - I hasten to add, it is NOT my main access to the net nor will it ever be.

In my area I have been told there is a "problem" - exactly what it is they can't/won't say....i'm still waiting.

I was offered their hi-speed connection then after further questioning, told that wouldn't work either...the ridiculous thing is that the service was quite tolerable about 2 years ago, now it has just gone downhill steadily.

As for the rates they charge, you have to take their word how much you download or try and get it off the net.....I've never succeeded...why they can't put it on your bill is beyond me - they measure it don't they so they can charge you - they just don't want to share that snippet of info with you...the customer!!!!

basically the way they now operate is scandalous!

Edited by Sherlocke