Escrow Account

Is it possible to open a bank account and only allow 5000 baht per month to be withdrawn?

Im sending my girlfriend to school and don't want her to work at the same time, she also has a 1 year old daughter to take care of.

I want her to have peace of mind that the money is there in case of emergency and that i won't make a broken promise to look after her while she goes to school...unemployed.

SO !

Is it possible to open a bank account and only allow a certain amount to be withdrawn per month? I trust her, (gulp) but her siblings and 'good' friends may be a problem, once they figure out she has a sponsor...

she lives with her brother and sister in chiang rai in a house paying rent of 1300 baht split between them, so this should be enough to live on while attending her 6 month beautician course...i also see her once a month, and give what i can and buy things for the child while im there.

times are going to be tough for everyone in the near future, if i could give more i would, but at this time i want to give her a skill she can use to support herself, other than working in a bar...woman will always put on the war paint to attract males.

Is it possible to open a bank account and only allow 5000 baht per month to be withdrawn?

Im sending my girlfriend to school and don't want her to work at the same time, she also has a 1 year old daughter to take care of.

I want her to have peace of mind that the money is there in case of emergency and that i won't make a broken promise to look after her while she goes to school...unemployed.

SO !

Is it possible to open a bank account and only allow a certain amount to be withdrawn per month? I trust her, (gulp) but her siblings and 'good' friends may be a problem, once they figure out she has a sponsor...

she lives with her brother and sister in chiang rai in a house paying rent of 1300 baht split between them, so this should be enough to live on while attending her 6 month beautician course...i also see her once a month, and give what i can and buy things for the child while im there.

times are going to be tough for everyone in the near future, if i could give more i would, but at this time i want to give her a skill she can use to support herself, other than working in a bar...woman will always put on the war paint to attract males.

had a friend in a similar situation, unfortunately if the account is in her name then she will have unrestricted access to it, my friend however (gulp) got around this by opening a new bank account for himself and giving her the atm card, being sure only to deposit x amount in it on a set day every month..

they are no onger together i may add as she would often take out the deposit on the first day and then call up crying several later.. obviously your intentions are noble and i would not like to patronise but........giving her an opportunity to make mney by sending her on a six month course, it sounds to me like she already has a perfectly god way of making readies!

i know i have it coming, but i just want to give it one try and the benefit of the doubt... she's already started school at a princely sum of 9000 baht for the entire course + 3000 baht for chemicals and stuff...she's genuinely interested in learning.

i want to let her see the money is in the account, if i deposit once a month its like she will be waiting and at my beck and call and resent it, Lisu are fiercely independent people... i want to give her a sense of independence and security knowing that there is a future for herself if she follows through...also to instill a sense of responsibility...and budget.

the future will be in her hands, if she chooses to throw it away, then she also throws me away also...not like she would care if she does...